It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Needed investigating UFO in Saskatchewan Canada.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Over the past month I have been observing a UFO that appears around the same time every evening. It appears roughly in the east and is extremely bright. The object flashes several colours and moves in a strange pattern. It is also accompanied by several other objects in different locations in the sky but I have a sense that they are related. I chased the object about 20 miles the other day and it approached my vehicle close enough to tell it was rotating. When I look at this object through binoculars it looks like a fire cracker burst but the colours are much more vibrant and its clearly rotating. (yes i checked the focus on the bi nocs) Not sure what this is but it remains in the sky way to long to be a helicopter and it sits still too long to be a plane as they dont hover. I don't have any equipment to film this thing properly so if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it! I should add that I live in a small rural community of about 5000 people and we have a small prop engine airport is on the outskirts of town but its not staffed. Any help here?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Where are you more exactly,
mate?

And give us a time and area of the sky to help you observe it.

edit on 27-1-2012 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Sorry to be so vague, I am in North Eastern Saskatchewan Approx 150km outside Prince Albert to the East. I usually notice the object around 19:00 hrs in the south eastern portion of the sky fairly low to the horizon
edit on 27-1-2012 by Dwest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Good Luck guys.

Posting a reply so I can keep track of the thread and see if your investigations come up with anything.
edit on 27-1-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

Me too......cheers! Photo would be great??

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

If I can get some decent equipment out here I'll gladly post pics or video! I might try with my handheld and see what happens... I just don't want it to be one of those shaky pictures you curse at on youtube because you cant see anything and you wish you could have those last 10 minutes of your life back! IMHO its almost better to not post anything if its crap quality .... :S

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dwest
Over the past month I have been observing a UFO that appears around the same time every evening. It appears roughly in the east and is extremely bright. The object flashes several colours and moves in a strange pattern.

Thanks for posting your sighting.

To help identify what you saw, it would be helpful if (as well as the obvious step of taking photos / a video) you could give the details required on the UFO reporting forms used by the US Air Force and research groups such as BUFORA and MUFON.

Without those details, it is hard to sure what this is but:

(1) The fact that you have recently seen a "UFO" which appears sit still for some (unspecified) period each day for a at about the same time every evening implies it is a star or (more commonly) a planet (including that notorious source of UFO reports, Venus).

(2) Stars and planets can appear to flash different colours due to atmospheric effects.

(3) As a result of autokinesis, stars and planets can appear to move in strange patterns.
en.wikipedia.org...

If you could supply more precise details which any reasonably good UFO reporting form seeks to extract (e.g. duration, how the object disappears, angular size, angular movement), it would be possible to use software such as Stellarium to confirm or eliminate a star or (more likely) planet.

edit on 27-1-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
How about trying a cheap handheld telescope and cheap digital camera setup to get some close-up images?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The regularity is a dead giveaway to a celestial object as a rule....
The thing had better be jumping around fairly well before you could rule out a planet or star i believe...even if it looks stationary some of the time.......
If you can google the sky maps you can get an accurate fix on the object if you type in the particulars i think.
This is of course providing it really is a star or other celestial thingy....
Even a 35 mm series of shots with a good lense and film and a borrowed camera would be good.....
We need to know exactly where your location is (not your address just the town....)
mark the time and angle above the horizon and maybe someone will be able to name that UFO
If not you may be being invaded//anyone else witness this?
And take a compas and get a bearing on it when it first apears....

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Dangit its cloudy here this eve.
Will keep my eye out and let you know what we see.
Thanks for the details!
Big sky country.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Thanks for your tips and suggestions everyone! Last night we were at a banquet supper so no luck at gettting out to have a look. I will do my best to get some details up here tommorow as tonight I am working the late shift. I will try to get my partner to witness this thing too as we patrol a big stretch of highway were bound to see it again. If I do we will try to snap pics and vid with the in car camera. I'll post co ordinates and other telemetric data also, as soon as its available. I should add that te speed at which this object moves pretty much rules out star or planet, my thoughts were satellite or space station maybe .... In really really low orbit :s idk ... Thanks again for all your input!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It was too cloudy this weekend to see anything. So unfortunately it'll have to wait. Hoping that maybe I can get another peek tonight.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dwest

Just to let you know its been mostly cloudy here, too. Will keep eyes out tho. Figured you know about the planet alignments, being in big sky country.
Am hearing the extended jet sounds as I type, just to add. They've been almost steady for the last few days.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I know saskatchewan has a military base called moose jaw. Maybe they have something to do with your sighting.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dwest
Over the past month I have been observing a UFO that appears around the same time every evening. It appears roughly in the east and is extremely bright. The object flashes several colours and moves in a strange pattern. It is also accompanied by several other objects in different locations in the sky but I have a sense that they are related. I chased the object about 20 miles the other day and it approached my vehicle close enough to tell it was rotating..

Dwest good luck with your investigations, there's another similar multi-coloured rotating UFO report below (this time from Shellbrook) along with some very strange RCMP sightings- it seems Saskatchewan has quite a rich history of freaky UFO reports.

Saskatchewan ~ Canada's UFO Hotspot

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies folks! The object in question appeared again tonight! I was on my way to pick up my oldest from soccer and noticed it. However it did appear to be father away tonight. The base in moose jaw is about 4.5 hours south of here and I have never seen or heard any millitary activity anywhere near here. It was reported to our local radio station that there were strange noises in the same general area lastnight not sure if its related or not but word of this is spreading now and I'm not the only one who has come forward. I am hesitant though due to my position, credibility is an issue. However if there's enough of us that see this thing I'd go public. I will keep you all posted. I know I said I'd post co ordinates and I will just need more time. I'm posting in the few short breaks I get so when I get home and onto a computer ill update again. Blackberry isn't too forum friendly.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thank you for sharing that specific link! My town is mentioned in one of those reports. Now I am very intrigued.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I live in moose jaw and this past year ive heard a lot of people seeing these orbs of light in the sky, my friend on facebook posted a picture of three very bright sphere's in the sky, and last june some guys fishing at buffalo pound lake seen the same thing and filmed it, in the video you can see the objects are bright white/yellow in color and sometimes you can see flickers of red.

**Warning Video Contains Swearing**

actually if you search on the net/google/youtube, there are lots of videos and reports of people in saskatchewan this year seeing things in the sky and they are all seeing almost the same things
edit on 9-10-2012 by xZombiexLovex because: wanted to add more

top topics

join