It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to EU : YOU don't cut us off, WE cut YOU off!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

We'll see.

Iranian oil minister: Iran will cut oil exports to some countries soon (Reuters)

So maybe this week.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Started to put this one up myself. It is a bold move on the part of Iran and shows the rest of the world that they have no plans to be moved by the other embargo, they in fact beat them to the punch as they will most likely not wait for the timeline the embargo has determined. Interesting.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Iranian parliament postpones debate on proposal to halt oil sales to EU (DPA)

Awwww...

Sorry if I have missed something...but where did you find that please Vitchilo?
All I can find is RT still saying it is going ahead.

Rainbows
jane
edit on 29-1-2012 by angelchemuel because: keyboard

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Found this for you, it says cutoffs to some countries, I'm guess those some would be countries that did Sanction them. www.reuters.com...
edit on 29-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

That would be Haaretz.

Haaretz news ticker

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Funny thing is.... 2 weeks ago I wrote an email to the Iranian foreign minister and simply asked him why they didnt just cut off the oil supply, the straight or both as a respons to the illegal and hostile invasion being carried out by the allied forces in the middle east. Kill EUs oil and you kill their econony.... we need to start worrying about the state of our own countries rather than make believe enemies in the middle east.

I hope the military deployed over there will revolt against their rogue and ignorant governments instead of grtting themselves killed in another pointless and illegal war.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

outstanding.
this is great. chances are this will hit the news and be blown out of proportian as this is how "iran wants to start a war".

if only that was the case and not the other way around

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

That would be Haaretz.

Haaretz news ticker

OK,,,so that's a Jewish website, which also wants to sell me Jewish gifts.....hmmmmm......
Think I am even more confused now!

Rainbows
Jane

PS...now there's interesting...went back on your link and the story has been removed!
edit on 29-1-2012 by angelchemuel because: PS

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
What YOU all fail to realize is that IRAN speaks nothing but pure fiction.

The country spouts so many BS lies and stories that no one takes them seriously, even their own citizens laugh at them from behind their closed doors.

They can cut off whoever they want BUT they were already cut off by European Sanctions.

This is good news because the SOONER we nuke Iran and kill it government the sooner we can pillage its oils supplies.

They are a problem country (being Islamic doesn't help) and they need a lesson. Then the oil will be Europes and Americas. GOOD.

The more they antagonize everyone the quicker the destruction of one of the dumbest nations on the planet will commence.

Plus, as the world knows, when it comes to carrying out dumb bombings for the sake of it, America is always just around the corner thinking "we can do that for you, just ask us". Japan anyone?

edit on 27-1-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

I hate idiots like you, the self entitled, want control of everything type of idiot.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Deal with the Iranian situation first before lumping China into the equation, China always believe in negotiation first before action. EU can ask the US and Israel to help them get their needed oil from other sources.You may be Smart but others are not Stupid. Negotiatiate and make Iran responsible for it nuclear ambition or else like all the other nuclear capable nations. Sanctions and threat of war will have negative effects and there might be certain aspects "overlooked". Example is why US/EU attacking muslim countries one after another. Its a matter of time before they join the dots together. Look at the bigger picture instead of focusing just in the middle east.
Its the 21st century and every news is just at the finger tips. We should strife to make the world a better place instead of blowing it to smithereen.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

More than 2/3 of Iran's lawmakers support cutting oil sales to EU (AP)

Seems to me it's gonna happen soon.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Europe/USA appear like junkies and Iran/Middle East the dealer. How the EU/USA managed to pretend and convince others this was not so is quite a feat.

Doesn't take much to see how Iran would begin exporting oil to Russia or China, which then become the worlds super powers living in luxury while EU/USA turns into a poverty stricken 3rd world country. We should have used all that oil the past decades with the intent on creating a sustainable society, not dependent on oil, might soon be too late.
edit on 8/2/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Saudia Arabia for one appears quite determined to confront Iran if necessary and my humble suggestion is to remember that OPEC artificially turned the taps low some years ago so there are probably some pledges in place from the saudis and perhaps others to increase production if the Iranians try to cut oil supplies.

It is however a factor which likely ensures a very sudden extremely violent war when it comes.

Both sides must know it will be the mother of all show downs.

China will take sides with Iran to protect Iran's exports to China

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well the deed has just been done...

Iran Cuts Crude Exports To Six European Countries

In response to the latest sanctions imposed by the EU against Iran's energy and banking sectors, the Islamic Republic has cut oil exports to six European countries
Iran on Wednesday cut oil exports to six European countries including Netherlands, Spain Italy, France, Greece and Portugal.

Brent over $119; WTI over $102

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Can't see how this is anything an Iranian supporter (I don't mean that as an offense) would be happy about.

All in all this is a stunt that would make Iran feel the pain eventually, if not very soon. Seeing as the extreme majority of Iran's export is oil, cutting it would not benefit them. Any nation that cuts oil trade with Iran can find an alternative.
It's not as if Iran is the only or primary oil supplier to European countries. It is hilarious if anyone thought so.

Long story short, this is simply an attempt at flexing muscles. "You don't fire me, I QUIT!" type of move.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The main issue here is after all no Iran or the middle east oil suppliers this is all about how the US oil mafia influence in politics along with big corporations are running the decisions that our corrupted government makes.

When people are going to understand that the middle east struggles and the meddling on the affairs of oil producing countries to the point of bombing and sanctioning them until oil flow is interrupted is all for oil control.

If people have no learned a lesson yet after the bombing and decimation of one of the biggest countries with oil reserves like Iraq then people are really blind by political garbage and the Koolaid that Western propaganda keeps feeding them.

When the oil reach 5 dollars at the pump this spring and you have to chose between feeding or fueling just remember who is benefiting from higher oil prices and how much we the tax payer have benefited from the Iraqi decimation and destruction of their oil supply.

Now the next biggest country with oil reserves is in the lookout for another western decimation.

Just remember people that US produces oil, but you or me will never get the benefit of that fact at the pump on our wallets, also use your brain and start putting one and one together, realized that is controlling oil is never been for the greater good, bombing nations has never been for the greater good, is all about control and to keep the oil profiteers mafia reaping record profits from us the consumer

If Iraq oil and Iran oil was allowed to roll plentiful the profiteers will become less richer.

edit on 15-2-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Actually is going to be us the dying middle class in this nation of the once great US the ones that will be feeling the pain with 5 dollar gas at the pump.

And people still doesn't get it, koolaid, koolaid and more koolaid.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Yeah, but in this case, Irans oil can be simply sold to India and China, who probably won't pay in dollars, so this is a double-whammy against the west:
- Less oil for Europe
- More Oil for China
- Trades won't be settled by the petro-dollar and thus weaken the US
- Oil prices rise, which leads to more expensive transport and thus more expensive goods
- already weak european economies gets another kick in the nuts, as fuel-taxes dwindle
- Greece is losing its footing in the powerplay with Turkey, which might lead to another conflict

Actually, its more like a multi-whammy. This might have some dire consequences for Europe in a geostrategic sense. And woe be, if other oil producing countries get into trouble à la "arab spring".
This chain of events might weaken the stability of a whole lot of "western" countries.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

When the oil reach 5 dollars at the pump this spring and you have to chose between feeding or fueling

Actually, you CAN'T choose... even if you just ``choose`` eating, you still pay for the gas that produced and brought the food to the grocery store...

Actually is going to be us the dying middle class in this nation of the once great US the ones that will be feeling the pain with 5 dollar gas at the pump.

Yep. 5 dollar is cheap even if you look elsewhere in the western world... in Canada... above 5.50 a gallon and in Europe, around 6-7 a gallon.

And the whole thing about it... America got more oil than Saudi Arabia and/or Iran... it just doesn't develop it.... agenda 21 and of course as a reason for war.

And Swordbeast is totally right too.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Swordbeast

I tell you, our educational system is failing the new generations with garbage, thanks for braking out the realities of the outcome of what is the on going petrodollar and the geopolitical wars for oil control

That is what people should be concentrating on to understand why is the US at war with middle east still pristing oil producing countries that never allowed the oil mafia corruption influence their decisions over who have the right to control their natural resources.

Perhaps a littler walking on the history line of the origin of the petrodollars and the agenda of the geopolitical wars will teach some here what all this war against Iraq and now iran is all about

But for those that do no understand just asking them what they got from the disruption of Iraq oil and the trillions of dollars wasted of tax payer dollars on war has given any of us at the wallet or the pump.

Americas economy is in crapper for the hard working American that their salaries keep shrinking more and more due to all the waste and abuse, but the few on the top flourish in Wall street, But is not you or me, everything in this nation is all scam at the expenses of tax payer dollars.

Wake up America, take the mask off the people that you think is your for the people politicians they are nothing but scammers, Wall street sell outs and political whores.
edit on 15-2-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join