It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to EU : YOU don't cut us off, WE cut YOU off!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Well its the only way forward for that country.....collateral damage.

As the saying goes..."what does Tehran and Hiroshima have in common?" nothing,,,,,YET!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Britain will not hurt for oil or fuel at all. There's all kinds of countries, including US, who can fill their tanks. Iran loses all the way around. They started a war they can't win and now it's their crying time. First they said they would close the straight if oil sales failed, then to wimp out, they end the oil sales and say it was their own doing. Yes, I agree, it was all their own doing. Now they get to wallow like pigs in self-pity.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by michael1983l

Rumor has it that the Saudi might be lying about their oil stack. Many nations are known for being untruth full about their oil capacity, and Saudi is very high up there among those that lie the most. Many lie so that they can get contracts signed for the oil they claim to have or can export.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

Due to the OPEC rules on how each nation gets its share of the oil market it is in their interest to inflate the amount of oil reserves they say they have. There was a geologist on radio 4 a few years back who used to work in Saudi and he stated quite categorically that this is exactly what was happening and that the amount of oil left is far far lower than stated.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I think there are alot of misconceptions of what could happen im no expert but this is the way I see it.

Oil is one of the most sought after resources in the world and thus there will never be a shortage of customers, there are many countries who need vast amounts of oil and who wont care about thumbing their nose at US and European sanctions.

This is actually a bonus for them as they will most likely negotiate lower prices for Irans oil, however even if Saudi Arabia can easily pick up the slack, it doesnt meant that the price is not gonna sky rocket, so the US and the Euro will suffer because the price of oil skyrockets. Iran will most likely sell more Oil to countires like China, India and Russia and since the global price of oil has risen as a result of sanctions Iran might still sell for the same price as they did before the sanctions.

Thus it seems to me that the sanctions will not only harm Iran but also those emposing the sanctions.

Also an unexpected result of the sanctions seem to be that many countries are starting to trade in their own currencies or backed by Gold thus leaving the dollar in the lurch, this could have very deterimental consequences for the US and indeed the world as it might cause the global economy to tank.

As always thank you USA, your self imposed role as Global policeman/bully will most likely set off another global financial crisis and even WW3.

Cut off your nose to spite your face.
edit on 28-1-2012 by demoncleaner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I call HOAX on the gvmints...
This is ONLY to make MORE money...
This is MARKETMANIPULATION at GVMT levels..

#holes

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Iran reminds me of "Cartman" on South Park.

Ultimate fail all the time.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Why would Europe "freeze" in the winter if Iran stops the exports of oil?

Seems that many people don't realize that Europe have #LOADS of coal.Yes, its more expensive, and yes, it is more poluted.We have almost all our coal mines closed BUT they can be opened in days.

The only thing that might happended is a small increase of oil price, maybe 5%.

I know that if Romania decides to reopen the coal mines it will have almost overnight 200,000 people reemployed.
I know that if Poland decides the same, they have over 400,000 people reemployed in mining sector.
Talk about creating jobs? Ty Iran , pls stop the oil exports to EU.

Also, Romania have, what most don't know, enough OIL in our soil that can easily replace iranian quota.And our oil is waaaaay much better in quality.We have 600 million barrels that can be exploited with current tech, UK have 3.1 billion and Denmark 1.1 billion.

I think EU can handle this small issue.

edit on 28-1-2012 by Recollector because: *

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
NOWAY, that would make OIL cheaper AND give LESS
to gvmt...

Cant have that, we NEED the IRAN and Arabian OIL...Just....SO...

@$$HOLES

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

You might be right on that,although i am not so sure. but the fact that Europeans are the puppets in the hands of corporate Zionists as well as the US remains as puzzling and agrevating as ever.....I mean i can digest that about the US.but not any other free nation in the world. ....there is nothing wrong by using alternative energy and wanting to be free of oil producing countries crap,but doing so in a time of crisis.,and not out of ones free will is a complete desporato if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Double lose for Iran. Oil is there main Export, with the trade embargo and nobody buying there black goo their economy is going to fall flat on its face.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

Are you still awake?...isn't now way passed your bedtime already?!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

Bedtime?

Well I have no Job currently, so no. Being the Adult I am I choose when I wish to sleep. Now how is this relevant to the thread at all or you just trolling?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

Thought just crossed my mind,nothing personal though....I mean c'mmon , Iran is not going to suffer even a bit by that ..like I said it's like sanctioning one of your very few supermarkets in town,while you are in a huge need for groceries.....sure there are more supermarkets else where ,but you have to drive to them each time.and they might not be as providing, friendly and reliable.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

This is good news because the SOONER we nuke Iran and kill it government the sooner we can pillage its oils supplies.

They are a problem country (being Islamic doesn't help) and they need a lesson. Then the oil will be Europes and Americas. GOOD.

The more they antagonize everyone the quicker the destruction of one of the dumbest nations on the planet will commence.

Plus, as the world knows, when it comes to carrying out dumb bombings for the sake of it, America is always just around the corner thinking "we can do that for you, just ask us". Japan anyone?

I do not know how to answer your thoughtfully elaborated comments!! I just leave it to the others to justify your reasoning.....The world is a much more beautiful place because of people like you....keep up the good work.

edit on 27-1-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
ok so there are a lot of site coming up under a search for :
Iran Turns Embargo Tables :

all sourcing www.zerohedge.com... ed%3A+zerohedge%2Ffeed+%28zero+hedge+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline%2C+the+survival+rate+for+everyone+drops+to+zero%29:

seems ATS is now another... after over ten sites i got another link to another "saurce..."
Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:23PM GMT
www.presstv.ir...

"Deputy head of the Majlis National Security and Foreign Policy Committee Hossein Ebrahimi said on Friday that Iranian lawmakers would debate a “double-urgency” bill on Sunday which calls for the ban of oil exports to Europe as early as next week. " - HMV/HGH

also a Team of IAEA officials due in Tehran on Sunday

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and from here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
-
Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:1AM GMT
www.presstv.ir...
edit on 28-1-2012 by nvprose1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Off topic: Its kind of like when you break up with a chick, she instantly turns around and tells everyone that she broke up with you to play it off.

On topic: I don't agree with cutting their main source of money.. It will cause collateral damage by starving people.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Iranian parliament postpones debate on proposal to halt oil sales to EU (DPA)

Awwww...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
So, great time to start a business in super-insulating existing houses? Uh, what about desperate Eu leaders investing in finding alternative energy we keep on experimenting for decades but never get money for proper research? GO Europe!

This is a good point. Europe could do much better in managing its needs through infrastructure modernization.

Backwards compatibility - the new issue of the new age.
edit on 2012/1/29 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Iranian parliament postpones debate on proposal to halt oil sales to EU (DPA)

Awwww...

Yes, i bet there are many deals been made under the table right now with Iran. Even form the EU.

They wouldn't let up unles something positive was up.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join