Iran to EU : YOU don't cut us off, WE cut YOU off!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Near term,this will hurt Europe,and the World. Although someone ALWAYS fills the void.

The most likely outcome of an embargo on oil purchased from Iran is that the countries participating in the embargo buy less oil from Iran while other countries not participating in the embargo buy more oil from Iran ([1], [2]). While this would produce some dislocations, if total world oil production doesn't change, it would have little effect on either Iran or oil-consuming countries, and would basically be a symbolic gesture.

Scary Part?

And each of these events was also followed by a recession in the United States. The table below summarizes the average annual growth rate of U.S. real GDP in the 5 quarters following the above oil price increases. Instead of growing at the historical average of 3.2% per year, U.S. real GDP fell in each case.

Iranian oil embargo

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Rumor has it that the Saudi might be lying about their oil stack. Many nations are known for being untruth full about their oil capacity, and Saudi is very high up there among those that lie the most. Many lie so that they can get contracts signed for the oil they claim to have or can export.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hopefully it will push Europe to develop alternative sustainable sources of energy so they're not reliant on Russian and Middle Eastern energy, but I'm sure they'll find a way to mess it up and leave it until things reach breaking point and then still do nothing of note

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ
Hopefully it will push Europe to develop alternative sustainable sources of energy so they're not reliant on Russian and Middle Eastern energy, but I'm sure they'll find a way to mess it up and leave it until things reach breaking point and then still do nothing of note

As per to day we are still very dependent on oil to get the resources we need to manufacture alternative energies.

We need fuel to harvest minerals from the rock and so forth, and to transport it and to separate it from the rock. These resource's are not unlimited on stalk in the warehouse.

China holds most of the important minerals for this type of technology.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Gotta love the first two posts in this thread.

The OP and Professional cheering on and actually hoping for the suffering of Europeans. Not just government officials, but regular civilians.

Funny, you two are the first to scream bloodly murder when the west does anything to Iran. Is your need for vengence so strong you dont hold yourself to your own standards?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

The OP and Professional cheering on and actually hoping for the suffering of Europeans. Not just government officials, but regular civilians.

Funny, you two are the first to scream bloodly murder when the west does anything to Iran. Is your need for vengence so strong you dont hold yourself to your own standards?

The Europeans were planning to endure hardships on the Iranians in the summer, your OK with that though?
edit on 27-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
The Europeans were planning to endure hardships on the Iranians in the summer, your OK with that though?

Of course not.

If you read any of my posts, while i despise the Iranian leadership, i do not advocate bombing or sanctioning Iran, even if they are producing nuclear weapons. How could I, others including Israel have the bomb, wouldnt it be hypocritical of me to say they cannot?

My worry is nuclear materials will fall into the hands of Hezbollah, Hamas or the like and used against Israel or Western interests. That being said, with unstable countries like Pakistan or North Korea already having the technology and means, im not sure if it matters that much. In my opinion, its only a matter of time until we see a mushroom cloud or dirty bomb used somewhere, most likely the middle east.
edit on 27-1-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The thing is, it would take a massive disruption to generate enough public anger, certainly in Britain, to go into another war. An energy crisis blamed on Iran's thoughtless actions might be the PR needed... suffice to say we could get the oil elsewhere, but hey opportunity knocks, cut the supply for a day or two and blame Iran.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Pr0t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Saddam halted oil exports for 30 days in solidarity with the Palestinian people. 11 months later Bush launched his 'Shock and Awe.'

People are willing to murder an entire country for oil. Women... little babies... human beings.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Don't you just love a game of crazy poker ??

I see your bluff and raise you two snorkels and a slice of bacon..

Kinda takes the wind out of Europe's sails though doesn't it ?

Whatcha gonna do now ??

The next three weeks will be ....erm....interesting.

Gotta go..i have an appointment with some fish....laters.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
europe will still buy iranian oil

through a middle man

complete sham

tail wagging the dog

wonder how oil prices are maintaining in a warm winter ? sabre rattling

sad

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
What YOU all fail to realize is that IRAN speaks nothing but pure fiction.

The country spouts so many BS lies and stories that no one takes them seriously, even their own citizens laugh at them from behind their closed doors.

They can cut off whoever they want BUT they were already cut off by European Sanctions.

This is good news because the SOONER we nuke Iran and kill it government the sooner we can pillage its oils supplies.

They are a problem country (being Islamic doesn't help) and they need a lesson. Then the oil will be Europes and Americas. GOOD.

The more they antagonize everyone the quicker the destruction of one of the dumbest nations on the planet will commence.

Plus, as the world knows, when it comes to carrying out dumb bombings for the sake of it, America is always just around the corner thinking "we can do that for you, just ask us". Japan anyone?

edit on 27-1-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
europe will still buy iranian oil

through a middle man

complete sham

tail wagging the dog

wonder how oil prices are maintaining in a warm winter ? sabre rattling

sad

Thats the point,, E.U Countries would have too use GOLD/Metals too pay for it,,

NO TRADING IN U.S DOLLARS they said so themselves,,,
Chavez wasn't just another NUT,,its called insider information , on WALL STREET,,

Can they afford too pay there oil Bill in GOLD ?
thats the Question.

Me.
ohh like our Good Neighbours INDIA,, Mumbai, and the boys,,the CAR guy,,,
After all they set the International Precident,, right?
edit on 27-1-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
What YOU all fail to realize is that IRAN speaks nothing but pure fiction.

The country spouts so many BS lies and stories that no one takes them seriously, even their own citizens laugh at them from behind their closed doors.

They can cut off whoever they want BUT they were already cut off by European Sanctions.

This is good news because the SOONER we nuke Iran and kill it government the sooner we can pillage its oils supplies.

They are a problem country (being Islamic doesn't help) and they need a lesson. Then the oil will be Europes and Americas. GOOD.

The more they antagonize everyone the quicker the destruction of one of the dumbest nations on the planet will commence.

Plus, as the world knows, when it comes to carrying out dumb bombings for the sake of it, America is always just around the corner thinking "we can do that for you, just ask us". Japan anyone?

edit on 27-1-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

Nuke Iran and kill ALL its people

You are quite clearly insane.

Damn i notice you have edited your words just before i posted, well i saw it, but your still a nutter.

Here, i have a nice mask for you to wear in a clean isolation cell.

Cosmic..
edit on 27-1-2012 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If I were a sovereign nation. And I had a major export. And my customers were accusing me of something I wasn't doing, constantly threatened to harm my way of life by sanctions and blockades, slandered me, positioned themselves against me with no real basis, and spread rumors about me being a 'threat' to the world when all I wanted was to provide people with a 21 Century solution to energy.....

I think I'd call a bluff after a while.

If it's Iran's oil, Iran has all the right to give customers the middle finger.

Is it going to create a whole S***storm? Yep, but poker isn't a friendly game.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Let Europe freeze in the winter, we will see how the people of Europe respond to their politicians. I guess the sanctions are not working lol, the Iranian-Pakistani oil pipeline is under construction, and Indian-Iran oil dealings are being dealt in gold. Classic

Without fail you always seem to enjoy the thought of the west suffering in some way. If you think the sanctions do not effect the average citizen of Iran than your obvious disdain for the west has severely clouded your perception.

I don't agree with ANY of these worl leaders in how they are handling these affairs and that goes for Iran as well. But it is sickening to get your jollies off at the thought of common people paying for the PTB's stupidity.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
As far as i know, Iran hasnt done this yet and WONT. Post back when this has actually HAPPENED OKAY?Sounds like another EMPTY threat and more diarrhea of the mouth from them. Ship more Immodium!!! LMAO!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

What kind of source is that site? Not that it's untrustworthy or anything, but clearly someone enjoys Fight Club
edit on 28-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Just all the more reason Iran could get attacked.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
haha, this piece of news reminds me of that russel peters joke about arabs

"You don't kill me, I kill me...... and you"
check the link

www.youtube.com...

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join