It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any good conspiracy/ats style documentaries on Netflix?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Ive seen a couple decent ones. Seems like even netflix wont touch the 9/11 topic but will gladly go for the 2012 hysteria. Most 2012 docs are absolutely unwatchable on netflix. Im watching a good move '___': The spirit molecule right now. Not really a conspiracy doc, but its in the realm of possible unknowns of the universe

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
There is mythos part one and two.

Aswell as transhumanism...

Those are the only speculative atesqe vids. There are many other more bland ones about dreams and tigers but im sure You can find those.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

just popped on mythos.. but transhumanism isnt showing up anywhere

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
How Beer Saved the World

THEY want you to think Louis Pasteur was studying milk when he made his discoveries.
THEY want you to think the earliest farm lands were used to make bread.

It is not heavy on conspiracies; but there are some historical facts that are either recently discovered or weren't included in the lessons I was taught in school.

It is about 40 min and is lighthearted.

Edit to add: I recently became aware of TED. It has a collection of videos.

There are a few on Transhumanism here: www.ted.com...

I don't know if these particular videos are any good, but everything else I have seen on there is interesting and easy to assimilate.
edit on 27-1-2012 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
i liked the god who wasnt there, bias film by one guy who grew up in a religious school who goes back to question his teachers as an adult about religion

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Ive seen a couple decent ones. Seems like even netflix wont touch the 9/11 topic but will gladly go for the 2012 hysteria. Most 2012 docs are absolutely unwatchable on netflix. Im watching a good move '___': The spirit molecule right now. Not really a conspiracy doc, but its in the realm of possible unknowns of the universe

Check out "the union." You gotta watch the whole thing

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I just watched the one called Collapse...

That was some interesting things in that, could explain a lot about whats currently going on and why.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by whenWEallFALLdown

isnt the union a pot movie? i think i browsed past it on the doc's category. but im not really into the drug documentaries, they all seem to complain about the same thing over and over again. Feels like "youve seen one, youve seen them all"

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

If I remember right, the Union gave an in depth look at how the marijuana market works. I don't remember much complaining.

However, I easily may have filtered out memories of the complaints, because I feel the same way about every other drug documentary. The union is interesting in a similar way that a documentary on any niche market would be. It shows how each player/individual works in the machine that is the marijuana market.

You would learn about investors, farmers, distributors and such.

Right now I'm watching Dr. Bronner's Magic Soapbox. It isn't conspiracy, but so far so good. It is an odd documentary. I expect it will talk about the hazards of chemicals found in modern sanitary and cosmetic products, which could be considered conspiratorial. Why are companies allowed to distribute poisonous junk?

This documentary recounts the how and why of Dr. Bronner, why he invented this natural Castile soap. A former chemist, the soap was revolutionary for the time, as it contained no chemicals and came in different fragrances. Peppermint, almond, and even more natural fragrances. I can even remember the blue labels and the different sayings.

Toward the last half of the show Dr. Bronner's son visits the Illinois mental institution, bringing samples of the soap for the workers. At the time Dr. Bronner was committed, he was speaking at the University of Illinois, and the Dean had him arrested for his rantings.
- IMDB www.imdb.com...
edit on 27-1-2012 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

There's a really good one on netflix about the US invasion of Panama, called "Panama Deception".
I had a really great thread on ATS about '___', but apparently we aren't mature enough to be allowed to talk about it .

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Power and Terror: Noam Chomsky in Our Times.

XXI Century.

The Corporation.

Howard Zinn: You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train.

The War on Democracy.

Independent Intervention.

The Thin Blue Line.

Obscene.

The End of Poverty? (Progress vs. Property).

The Other Side of Immigration.

Abel Raises Cain.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
There are a hellava lot movies on Netflix, so I suggest doing a google for film subjects of interest and then searching them on Netflix.

I was very impressed with an Italian movie called:

VIDEOCRACY

Which is about the cultural backdrop during the rise of Berlosconi. It was so shocking and fascinating I watched it twice.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Portlandia is kind of like a psychological safari into the oregonian coast.

It will teach you about a large portion of the west coast.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Check out "The man from Earth". It's not a documentary or a high budget film, but it is mind blowing.

Movie centers around an immortal caveman who must move to a different location every 10 years so people do not notice he doesn't age. And no, that is not a spoiler but merely a scratch on the surface.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
Check out "The man from Earth". It's not a documentary or a high budget film, but it is mind blowing.

Movie centers around an immortal caveman who must move to a different location every 10 years so people do not notice he doesn't age. And no, that is not a spoiler but merely a scratch on the surface.

sounds like a lost storyline!!

top topics

join