It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US general: Iran war 'really destabilizing'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey says a war with Iran would be premature and destabilizing to the whole world economy !!

Nobody can seem to make up their minds here.

This is a high ranking General talking about economic stability !!

General Dempsey is the one who visited Israel last week.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:30AM -- PressTV news (Iran source)

"A conflict with Iran would be really destabilizing, and I'm not just talking from the security perspective. It would be economically destabilizing," General Dempsey said in an interview with the National Journal on Thursday.

"I just think that it's premature to be deciding that the economic and diplomatic approach is inadequate," he further noted.

The cautionary comments come a week after the US military chief paid his first official visit to Israel to meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Defense Minister Ehud Barak, President Shimon Peres, and military chief of staff Lieutenant General Benny Gantz.

Pointing to the differences of opinion between Washington and Tel Aviv over Iran's nuclear program, Dempsey noted that the allies see Iran's nuclear program differently.

US President Barack Obama, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and other top officials have warned Israeli leaders about the "dire consequences of a strike" to stop a Tel Aviv's possible attack against Iran.

again, an Iranian article.
Iran war 'really destabilizing'

Iran sounds calmer than some other people we know !

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I have found that the Military rarely wants to go to war unless there is a sound plan in place and victory can be decisive and quick. But they rarely think of the follow up in the aftermath unfortunately.

Think "The Powell Doctrine."

After all, they are the ones who have to fight it.
edit on 27-1-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I have found that the Military rarely wants to go to war unless there is a sound plan in place and victory can be decisive and quick.

Like 10 years? As in our last war?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

The people who decide to go to war, are never the ones who actually fight.

If they bomb Iran, you won't get 1 single product from mainland China for a long time. Your McDonalds Happy Meal kids toy....depends on China getting oil from Iran.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Unfortunately, politicians have a way of disrupting military oplans. There was a Phase IV to OIF, but it was ignored and over-ruled as to expensive. It was patterned after the Marshall plan.

Hence ten years of combat with really no gain. For the West or the Iraqis. Just more years of pain. And I believe that it will get worse for the Iraqis.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

The people who decide to go to war, are never the ones who actually fight.

If they bomb Iran, you won't get 1 single product from mainland China for a long time. Your McDonalds Happy Meal kids toy....depends on China getting oil from Iran.

That can be a good thing.

If there are no toys for the kids in their Happy Meals...maybe they won't want Mickey D's anymore. Hence a healthier population...eventually.

Sorry, I try to find a silver lining in every dark cloud.

But I also try to be realistic.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It is interesting to see such a statement from such a high profile position, it will be telling of the political culture to see how his career goes.

China and Russia are already annoyed with reduced oil imports from Iraq and Libya. To take this into Iran is basically telling these powers to man up or get in line. With the global economy already under tension the term 'really destabilizing' is appropriate.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

China maybe, Russia has all the gas and oil it needs and some to sell too.....
In fact i dont see why they wouldnt build a pipeline to china and sell all the excess to them....
It makes a lot of sense for them to do so, both politically and militarily....
The good general sounds like some other marine generals who spoke up lately.....

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
i doubt china or russia are ready for yet another middle east oil supply to fall into americas hands.

even though russia produces enough oil to support it's needs. they always have venezuela to make up demand.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Great points there, but it is not just about the oil. How did the US feel when Russia set up shop right on the US door step in Cuba? Geographically, Iran is in the middle of a lot of cultural tension surrounded by Russia, China, Middle East and in a small way, Europe. An invasion will not just ignite the resource debates, but also boarder control for the bigger powers as they are becoming more impacted and affected by the ongoing hostilities.
edit on 27-1-2012 by kwakakev because: fixed formatting

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Not behaving well these days, those pesky lot....

Can't go eliminating your supposed allies, now can ya????

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Destabilizing???? As in fighting in Syria????

english.alarabiya.net...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Iran sounds calmer than some other people we know !

That is because , we know how Zionists work.

They just come to bully. They bully fully. Then they get the opposite side mad. Then the opposite side does something drastic and irrational.

At last , it is the chosen people who get sympathy.

But we don't fall for these plans.

We never will.

Maybe Zionists drop bomb on themselves , but we don't.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

It is a dirty job.

My thread will be ready in seconds.

Dirty Job. False flags.
edit on 27/1/12 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
my opinion is that this possible war will have more to do with keeping the dollar alive, than about oil. if the dollar is allowed to be circumvented or replaced as the world currency reserve, it would spell disaster for the US.

think about a country in as much debt as we in the US are and take away our ability to print our way out of it...

new topics

top topics

join