It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you could travel through time in the past what era would you like to visit and would you like to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
If I could go back it would probably be late nineteenth or early twentieth century to mid 1950's because even though these eras were not technically advanced for the most part people treated each other with more thoughtfulness and kindness. I'm sure there were exceptions to the rule and I would miss technology but would like to meet a more respectful and more empahetic nature of people and I would probably try to stay.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I would like to visit any of the megalithic sites before the flood (approx.12000BC).
The Giza Plain, Puma Punku, Baalbek. Then I would KNOW, instead of just being sure.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I would go back to the dawn of man; I want to experience life in its primeval state, in clans, one with nature. Before man's strive for dominance damned himself and his planet.
edit on 26-1-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: typo

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'll go back as far as they will take me - maybe I could get some definitive answers to long burning questions

For example...how we got here

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Is this a one time thing or is it as dominoas are? Just imagine if the universe itself had a perspective. Holy sh***

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I wouldn't go back. We've had a difficult past in all respects. I might consider moving into the future a few thousand years.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I wouldn't go past to any era. I'd just like to visit December 19th through December 21st 2011 all over again. Happiest day was on the 19th and I'd fix something on the 20th so it would be perfect on the 21st. If only we could time travel.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I'm always confused, it's not just you.

I would go back to the dawn of man; I want to experience life in its primeval state, in clans, one with nature. Before man's strive for dominance damned himself and his planet
I had thought that nature was doing it's best to kill mankind off; droughts, flood, diseases, injuries, animals looking for food, that sort of thing. I also thought that from day one, man tried to achieve dominance over that nature that was trying to bump him off, and over other clans that wanted to take his food and women.

But as I say, I might be confused.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleepermustawaken
I would like to visit any of the megalithic sites before the flood (approx.12000BC).
The Giza Plain, Puma Punku, Baalbek. Then I would KNOW, instead of just being sure.

I'm glad someone found a way to put that thought into words. Agreed, for the same reasons....and wouldn't it be something to see.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Go back to the night I was conceived and distract my parents with something significant. Perhaps a small house fire.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
For some reason I would like to own a farm outside Athens in her prime. I have no idea why. Other prime candidates for me include being a part of WWII and the thirty years war.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I mean it depends on some factors but with the caveat of an ivisibilty device for myself, I would love to just go through and witness some epic #. I don't want to get into a religious debate but I'm a Christian so I would want to witness the Bible events I mean that would be insane. Take a tour of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world. Go catch the actual battle of Thermopylae. Watch Oedipus Rex in Athens,Hamlet in The Globe and the music??? are you kidding getting to hear the best pieces of music played live by the original artists from The Beatles all the way back to David playing his harp for King Saul. Then you could go on a philosophers tour and then a scientist tour. Honestly with a time machine what wouldn't you do?

However if the role of observer were not a forgon conclusion and one was required to actually live in the time period and interact with real inhabitants of the time. I guess I'd go with 1st century Palastine (though one would require great preperation to deal with the rigors of life in that time also you'd have to atleast speak Ancient Greek, and Aramaic would probably be a good Idea), also I'd really like to try out the early to mid 1920's here in the states and maybe go live in Haight-Ashbury in the 1960's

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
1930-1950, when people were proud to say I AM FROM AMERICA.

Live bands, people played REAL music.
Tailored suits, so stylish.
Cars with attitude.
War with a just cause.
SOciety still cherished the values and morals of which we were founded on. (excluding segregation)
The women looked better to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

See what you did now you've created a time paradox which will certainly result in collapse of our universe. Thanks ;-)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

Indeed. It's a win-win.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I would go back and invest in IBM and GE. After all, it's just a visit and the way I see it, why not profit from it?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Go back to the night I was conceived and distract my parents with something significant. Perhaps a small house fire.
Good thought. For myself also I'd second that motion.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
i would so go back in time to the point when there were no land animals(your a smart cookie if you know the era im talking about)

top topics

join