It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy: 'Cloud' UAP (unexplained aerial phenomenon) over Rome Mystifies Experts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Source

In the latest UFO news, a cloud-like, unidentified flying object near Rome, Italy, is mystifying experts because of its unusual properties. What is it?

The UAP (unexplained aerial phenomenon) seems to be just another wispy cloud from a distance. But zooming in on the OVNI reveals a distinct, ribbon-like pattern never observed before in known cloud formations and defying meteorological classification.

The amateur videographer suffers from the usual lack of skill, moving the camera like a second assistant director on NYPD Blue, but when they zoom in on the object, that's when the real mystery begins.

Resembling a hang glider shape (without the pilot), the object becomes more solid and aerodynamic the closer the camera zooms in. But instead of the wispiness expected in an otherwise clear blue sky, the UFO takes on a sturdier look as both perfectly sculpted airfoils tail off into the surrounding area, with no visible means of support.

The "cloud" also spins quickly away from the camera, behaving very differently from any weather formation known to experts. It's more like an aircraft under pilot control. But like no aircraft ever seen before.

I seem to share a lot of stories that I am no expert on but this one was quite interesting.

I thought to bring it here to get others opinions of what they think this thing is or could be. Is it just a weird cloud, or something different.

I have never seen anything of the like and seems to be a pretty dense cloud that quickly dissipates. It is such a weird shape though...

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It's the first angel from Neon Genesis Evangelion ! Prepare for battle !

Joke aside, it's really strange, are there other video sources? Could it be white plastic, or paper ?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Very Odd? Almost like an air show aerobatic smoke plume....but cloud?

What was that at 0:43, a black dot appears then disappears........a bird?

edit on 26-1-2012 by CaptainBeno because: mi spalling is crup

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

This is Really strange....maybe its a new variation of chemtrail?
More video sources hopefully will come to light soon if it was in fact seen by many...lets hope to get something a little more detailed

:up
Nice post:
edit on 26-1-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
There was a thread about this awhile back.
Can't remember,but it is kind of like plastic wrap being blown around in the wind,carried aloft.
If you zoom in you can spot a second piece briefly to the left.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

What I find to be odd...I had to enable java script to to watch this
on the new version of U-TUBE.

I'll not be liking it, as I usually surfs wit da java disabled!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AlternateEnding

Ha! I get that sometimes, but not with this one?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
To the right of the cloud, at 00:43, you can clearly see an aircraft going from top to bottom. Obviously from an air show or sky writer.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Please contribute to the EXISTING THREAD HERE.

Remember to use ATS SEARCH.

Closed.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Maybe this is what is causing all these noises we keep hearing about...didnt people hear noise as this cloud was passing by?

new topics

top topics

join