It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the future of America?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
RT article

In one of America’s most economically depressed cities resides the world’s largest producer of home appliances. Whirlpool Corporation is headquartered in Benton Harbor, Michigan, where 60 per cent are unemployed, 90 per cent live in poverty, and per capita annual income is roughly US $10,000.

And this, friends and neighbors, is a short, sweet, and simple example of what is wrong with America today. They get handed all this money hand over fist and still the jobs get outsourced. How long is it going to be before the rest of America starts to look like this?

Something tells me that this is just a foreshadowing of what's going to happen in the U.S. in coming years.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There have always been ups and downs, since time began.

Things will be better eventually

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This reminded me of the thread about the long line to apply for jobs at Ford. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that outsourcing jobs overseas is hurting North America. However, is it ever going to change? Probably not.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

are you ****ing kidding me? Look around America is crumbling apart

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
IMO, you're looking at the situation with an U.S. and them perspective, but my perspective is there is only us - one human race.

I'm not against other countries getting work/money. The problem is capitalism. It doesn't work.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Bleeeeep because: edit for clarity

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

There was this thing once called the great depression and...

Seriously, things will be fine.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I'm looking at it as an us/them in terms of companies. I don't blame the people in China or India or Mexico because American companies shipped jobs overseas. I blame the U.S. government for having policies like this free trade crap that make it so easy for companies to make a profit by doing so, and I blame these U.S. based companies for screwing over their fellow citizens just to make more money even when they're already making a handsome profit.
edit on 26-1-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
There have always been ups and downs, since time began.

Things will be better eventually

it will get better...
the large goal here is NWO. World finances everywhere are crumbling and the 'leaders' will unite under one world currency to 'solve' world debt and get what they want...takes time tho lol ... refer to this when the amero is common place.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I blame the men behind these companies, the board or the council, whatever sticks.
The men/women in power who decide that profit rules over quality.
Which, in my humble opinion, is what is ruining our country.

When people decided to let profit (money) run their lives, this is the end result.
All the companies who outsourced their jobs did it for one reason.
Profits.

There is no other explanation.

So we really need to look at ourselves and think..."When is enough going to be enough?"
Until there is no more rampant consumerism, or generic crony capitalism, this will persist.
Businesses have become a sesspool of greedy, lust filled people, with one thing on their mind.
Money.

I don't think it will change.
And I don't think the big plan is for America to succeed anymore...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Will everyone just sit by, and let the NWO invoke whatever?
No.
There are lots of people out there aware of the problem. Money is the problem. Debt based currency is the problem. Corporations and banks (the people who run/own them) are the problem.

Read: Confessions of an economic hitman to learn why we have such severe poverty in some countries, or in general

Money and greed is the problem, and that is the future of america. When all of america is like that, and people are hungry and their lifestyle is changed forever, then we will see people in the streets. Out for the blood of the ones who destroyed this planet, continue to do so, and will continue to do so until we bring them to justice.

the NWO already exists. its all around you. Amero is just the final stages of the plan.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I just read the RT article. Whirlpool's corporate behavior is obscene. How dare they take American taxpayer dollars given to them to create jobs, and then outsource those jobs overseas? PLUS they pay no corporate taxes??

I would love to see the citizens of Benton Harbor take over the Whirlpool corporate headquarters. After all, they paid for it.

I will make it my life's mission to NEVER purchase another Whirlpool appliance. Their traitorous corporate malfeasance and downright dishonesty puts them in the "Destroyers of America" Hall of Shame. Plus, their appliances are poorly made and break easily. I hope they go belly-up.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You have a problem with companies making money?
What have these companies stole from you?
Do they owe you something?

I realize almost all companies are greedy ass people but if you take away the greed that drives them then they wouldn't make the companies in the first place - and then where would we be? We'd all be jobless.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

MOST (not all) of the American made appliances are junk now. Sorry to say it but these places have no pride in their product like they used to. They used to stand for quality and workmanship, now they want to sell you the cheapest piece of junk for the most money they can squeeze out of the consumer.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I have a problem with an American company outsourcing jobs overseas and screwing their fellow citizens over just to make more of the all-mighty dollar. I especially have a problem with this when they've received generous subsidies from the U.S. government.

I don't have a problem with profit. What I do have a problem with is ravaging the wealth and prosperity of my country in the pursuit.

If that makes me a commie, then by God I'll wear that badge with honor.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Not quite. I'd say the future of America is most people being so brainwashed by fear and propaganda that they willingly give up their rights in the name of safety, with military checkpoints on highways and bus stops and you name it.

The future is Americans being spied on through the Patriot Act and even their own neighbors, and being secretly snatched out of their homes, black-bagged, and thrown into a torture dungeon for the rest of their lives. I hope I'm wrong, but I can see what's going on.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The only way you will get the outcome you want is if we stop all trades with foreign nations. We'd have to rebuild our entire economy.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Actually, I think I can get what I want by reversing some of these unbalanced free trade agreements we have and by severely punishing those who are given subsidies to grow their business in the U.S. but continue to outsource anyway.

I think we can also do so by streamlining certain pesky regulations and giving incentives to those who keep jobs in this country or bring them back home.

Though, to be perfectly frank, if we did have to rebuild our economy, it might be a good thing because at least most people would be starting from zero, thus enabling a free market to exist again and not the corporate oligarchy that exists in most industries these days.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
While the statistics DO seem depressing
remember things have been worse in the past.
This is NOT as bad as the great depression.
No matter how much MSM tries to spin it.
Things got better, they usually do.
Quit letting all the negativity swarm.
America will be ok. No this is not the *future*

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Okay... what kind of regulations and incentive package could you offer a company that will profit them more than having workers who work for 1 dollar a day (or less)?

If you regulate too much they will just close up shop and do other things so keep that in mind.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Historically speaking this isn't new...

Countries that have obtained a certain level of wealth above and beyond their neighbors. [In this case, in the modern world, the planet] they have always traditionally outsourced due to local inflation and the fact that they are/were too rich. [Relatively speaking on the whole]

We've recently seen many OWS demonstrators demanding better paying jobs and the stopping of the outsourcing for higher profits. Yet, I wonder how many of them were [or are] rather, Purchasing the higher priced American made products over those made in China/Japan which helps indigenous business/industry?

Would they even consider it?

There is nothing "politically incorrect" about supporting our country's industries and or manufacturers...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join