It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Ron Paul - 1st thing to come up is Mitt Romney

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Oh, one more thing.

Because it's an unrelated keyword to the landing page, the quality score is low.

When the QS is low then the ad doesn't always show up. That's why some people are seeing it and some people aren't. Also, they specify a daily budget, when the budget is maxed out the ad will quit showing until the next day, or also they could have it optimized to randomly show throughout the day which would also explain why it doesn't always show up.

2 methods to that: 1) display ads ad fast as you can to use the budget 2) display ads throughout the day sometimes showing and sometimes not to conserve money for the daily budget.

That explains everything in a nutshell.

Like I said, no conspiracy, just idiot campaign marketers wasting money.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Nothing conspiratorial about this in my opinion...

Mitt Romney wants a piece of the Ron Paul pie so he is targeting his ads at people looking into Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I recently posted a thread about Google search that you may be interested in.

It returns to you unbiased searches from Google. The thread and website that I found explains it, but it basically uses raw Google search without all the Google+ stuff in it, and returns a more pure search across all social media platforms.

You can add it to your browser, but won't work with IE. They even supply their source code, in case you want to view it. It is called a bookmarklet.

Anyway, here is the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They have a video which explains how it works, and why it won't do the very thing you are complaining about in the OP. Seems pretty cool to me, because all the bias Google adds to their searches really ticks me off.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join