It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Ron Paul - 1st thing to come up is Mitt Romney

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I just decided to Google Ron Paul. 1st thing to come up is a search result for Mitt Romney.

Why this Ad?

Google says it's based on my current search terms.

Now I have never looked up Mitt Romney before and you would think that would be the last thing to pop up when your searching for Ron Paul. Now Google is pushing it's agenda.

Yes I know it's paid for advertizing by the Romney but the articles that follow immediately for Ron Paul are slanderous at best.

I've become jaded to the fact that he receives hardly any air time on the debates and the MSM.
It's truly amazing he's doing as well as he is.

Here on ATS I think most support Ron Paul but that message needs to get out into other
areas.

So I have been posting my comments on other sites that support the other incumbents instead
of pushing Paul to his already loyal followers. If you would like to join here are some links.
It's quite fun actually.

www.facebook.com...
www.facebook.com...
www.facebook.com...
www.facebook.com...
www.facebook.com...
www.livecitizen.com...
liberalforum.org...
www.politicalforum.com...
www.democraticunderground.com...

Plenty more just search.
Post Away!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It only took me a few seconds to test this one out and you are totally correct. What a joke, how the hell do we get that bottom wiper Mitt when the words are Ron Paul? I don't see the letters M,I,T or T in Ron Paul so how the hell does this happen? Oh, right, how stupid of me to even ask that question.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss

The Google CEO is a Bilderberg attendee. That about sums it up.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
When I search Ron Paul, I get www.ronpaul.com as first choice. All the pages below it are also about Ron Paul, no Mitt Romney here. Although I do use www.google.no, the norwegian version. The results might be different here in Norway.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Not true over in Malaysia, Only RP results when Ron Paul is typed.

But to be fair I dont think anyone over here would Google him coz no ones ever heard of him.
Its all Romney, Santorum, Gingrich and Bachman over this side of the world

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I´m in Austria and I use www.google.at, 1st place makes Ron Paul Wikipedia. It seems, it´s only an American problem. I was trying to use .com but it changes to .at.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss

google ads work by selecting your keywords than placing a bid on those keywords for your ad to show. You can select any keywords you like and they don't have to be related to your product or site. You can also select any area of the world that you want the ad to show for. Whoever bids the most gets the top placement.

It would seem to me that the mitt romney camp has selected an ad to appear when the keyword "ron paul" is searched for, they then selected to only run the ad for US searches and they then paid the most for the keyword insuring them top placement by outbidding other advertisers.

Anybody can get that ad placement, they just have to bid the most money. As far as the slandering articles, thats all google, I have noticed that too but obviously many in the media slander ron paul daily and there are certainly more slanderous articles than not. I have seen non-slanderous articles in that section too but not very often. I would imagine they simply show the most recent ones but I wouldn't put it past them to pull something either.

A weird thing that had been happening to me has been when I google ron paul then click on the video link to search videos it has been returning in an error for the last month or so even more weird I just went to do it again to screen record it and it worked fine this time. Not sure what to make of it as other keywords worked fine before while this was occuring then i go to get proof and magically all is well. crazy.

ETA: How bout we click on Mitt Romney's ad a ton of times and cost this guy some serious advertising budget? Every time you click on his ad he gets charged. Sounds like fun to me
I bet he has paid quite a bit to get top placement on that keyword. I am not above playing dirty in this specific case.

edit on 25-1-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I did it from my android and its all Ron Paul so I'm lost lol oh and I'm in TEXAS

Edit... Also the first hit is " ron Paul sweeping the GOP youth vote "
edit on 25-1-2012 by M1FST91 because: had to site source and link

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well I just tried it from my desktop computer here at home.

The very first result is Mitt Romney for President with a link to Mitt Romney.com

The rest appear to be Ron Paul related starting with the 3 current news links.Ron Paul 2012.com, Ron Paul's Wiki page, Ron Paul.com, twitter, Paul.house.gov, facebook ,campaign for liberty, and Ron Paul.org

So my results did not list all negative Ron Paul pieces, however Mitt Romney for President is the very first search result.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm in Holland but using Google.co.uk and it's all Ron Paul results here...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
lmao, its an ad...

you are searching a political figure, and mitt romney is also a political figure...

makes perfect sence to me...

lol, ron paul supporters are determined to prove that they are being discriminated against, BY A SEARCH ENGINE....

many laughs to be had...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Ok so I got curious and began typing in other Candidates and names

Search for: Mitt Romney
Result: First link is the same Mitt Romney for President with link to Mitt Romney.com

Search for: Newt Gingrich
Result: First link is for Mitt Romney for President with link to Mitt Romney.com

Search for: Rick Santorum
Result: Rick Santorum for President with link to ricksantorum.com

Search for: Barack Obama
Result: Barackobama.com

Search for: Nancy Pelosi
Result: Pelosi.house.gov

Search for: Herman Cain
Results: News link about Herman Cain and the Tea Party

Search for: Jon Huntsman
Result: Jon Huntsman for President with link to Jon2012.com

Search for: Rick Perry
Result: Rick Perry for President with link to Rickperry.org

Search for: Michele Bachmann
Result: News links announcing Bachmann will seek 4th term in House.

Not sure what to make of this, but even I have to admit it is odd. Of the 3 Opponents of Mitt Romney for teh Republican nomination, only 1 does not return results for Mitt's Presidential run.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I thought Ron Paul supporters were supposed to be internet savy???

But they can't seem to figure out this is an Ad.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by baphomet420
lmao, its an ad...

you are searching a political figure, and mitt romney is also a political figure...

makes perfect sence to me...

lol, ron paul supporters are determined to prove that they are being discriminated against, BY A SEARCH ENGINE....

many laughs to be had...

It is not an AD, it is the first result.

Also, it has nothing to do with Political figures. Mitt Romney for President only shows up for 2 of Mitt's opponents.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What I am looking at is not an Ad.

If it were an Ad, why does it only appear for 2 of Mitt Romney's opponents? Why would it also not show up when you google Rick Santorum?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

What I am looking at is not an Ad.

If it were an Ad, why does it only appear for 2 of Mitt Romney's opponents? Why would it also not show up when you google Rick Santorum?

Screenshot what you are looking at.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Well I guess your theory of Ron Paul supporters being "internet savvy" just went out the window... I have no idea how to take screen shot

Interesting to note: I went back and tried it again and now there is no Mitt Romney for President on any search term I tried. Including Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich.

edit to add: Even if I knew how to take a screen shot, we pretty much established in the Hurricane forums that I am just too stupid to post images on this site. Bless the member's hearts, they tried and tried and tried thru post and u2u's to help me figure it out, but I just couldn't get it right.

edit on 25-1-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

As much as I hate to agree with OutKast Searcher given how much said I disagree about....

I am sorry but it is absolutely an ad.

It has a pink background and to the top right of it it says "Ad" It is the first result and that is where the ads ususally go though google does change it from search to search. I have used adsense and adwords since the day they came out and know a google ad when I see one. Still a dirty trick but it is the Mitt Romney camp that pulled this one, not google.

ETA: As far as the ad not showing on a later search, google ads are dynamic. sometimes they change position, sometimes the budget set for the ad is reached and sometimes other advertising outbid for the top position. This all happens in real-time.

Also, it might have something to do with the fact that i just clicked on the ad a hundred or so times seeing how it is pay per click.... Maybe the daily budget has been reached.

edit on 25-1-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

When I do the search, it is an Ad. It looks like a result, but it's not. It's in a colored box and in the top right of that box it says "Ad - why this ad?"

Do you see the same?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Well I guess your theory of Ron Paul supporters being "internet savvy" just went out the window... I have no idea how to take screen shot

Interesting to note: I went back and tried it again and now there is no Mitt Romney for President on any search term I tried. Including Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich.

edit to add: Even if I knew how to take a screen shot, we pretty much established in the Hurricane forums that I am just too stupid to post images on this site. Bless the member's hearts, they tried and tried and tried thru post and u2u's to help me figure it out, but I just couldn't get it right.

edit on 25-1-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

Funny...it no longer shows for me either unless I go to private browsing.

I'm guessing Mitt will only pay for the ad for the first few times someone searches for Ron Paul...and then it is probably a waste of money.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join