It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Ron Paul - 1st thing to come up is Mitt Romney

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Did you all not notice, also, that in the Mitt Romney ad that is masquerading as a valid Google Search link, the bottom part auto-fills your email address? It is the part prompting you to subscribe to the newsletter.

Romney has too damn much money, and has hired some very clever computer-savvy people to market himself in this way.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
When I did a google on ron paul, yes on top of ron paul stuff was an ad for Romeny:

Ad - Why this ad?
Mitt Romney for President | MittRomney.com
www.mittromney.com
This election, let's fight for the America we love.
Privacy
Search Results

Romney even has ads running at the top of the pages at the dailypaul.com. He's got the $$$$ to get his name and face all over the place. It's only just begun.

Seriously, businesses do this all the time with their competitors. I wouldn't think twice about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

No, the ad I saw had a yellow background whereas the genuine links didn't.
Maybe, you saw something different than I did.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Interesting.

When I search Google and/or Bing for Ron Paul....the only results I get are for Ron Paul.

I don't see Mitt Romney anywhere.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Yellow for some people.....it looks like faint pink on my screen. But, as you (and others) already pointed out, upper right corner is "Why this Ad?" with a clickable link too. Dead giveaway.

The "Auto-Fill" option that I mentioned, where an email address was already filled into the field, will vary depending on which Browser being used (I'm on Chrome) and whether you have "Auto-Fill" enabled or disabled.

I need to go into my Browser Tools and clear out all those caches....someday....LOL.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i tried this too it made me laugh, even though it is sad he isn't getting a fair shake, still made me laugh

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I tried it twice; I get no ads, just links to Ron Paul sites/article. I reside in Pennsylvania...and if it matters, I have
an older computer---2003, purchased new in 2004. My browser is Firefox and I use Windows XP...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Man the Ron Paul bandwagon on ATS is reaching ridiculous status. I googled Ron Paul and there is nothing but articles about Ron Paul! No advertisements exist on my google search! I think this is nothing more than a ruse to get as many people as possible to Google Ron Paul!

I have no special Google search engine that I am aware of. I live the US. I smell another Ron Paul troll. It's sad too because he has a great message and does not need these types of gimmicks!

I am on a new I-Pad with standard operating software and google search engine.

I had to remove my link because it did not work. After I posted I tried it and the page was blank.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Sharpenmycleats because: Link did not work

edit on 25-1-2012 by Sharpenmycleats because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Not an issue here, Colorado USA. I google Ron Paul and I get, Ron Paul related items.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'm in AK, and when I looked up RP, the whole page and not once MR was mentioned. hmmm?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss

This is what happens when you work out the analytics of it and have your name come up when other words are searched for if you have a heap of money like Romney does this is what he will achieve. This how business can get to the top of the list with searches they only have to enter a few key words to have their page show up. No conspiracy here just a crap load of money from the people who have it

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

That is odd. How does one do "private browsing"? I can see if it pops up for me doing it that way.

Depends on your Browser:

Firefox: Click the Firefox tab in the upper left corner and you shroud see "Start Private Browsing" as your second choice. Click it and the tab will turn purple and the Private browsing dialog will appear in the browser.

IE9: Click the Gear (Tools) in the upper right hand area. Go down to "Safety" and the next dialog should have" In Private browsing" option available.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
OP- Not true ! But , I don't use Google for my homepage/searches.

I use Yahoo. I tried the same there, also not true.

Ron Paul is all I get on the first page of both Google and Yahoo.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I googled Ron Paul and got nothing but Ron Paul results. And I'm in the USA

If it's an AD then it just goes by Google anaylitics of politics/election of 2012
edit on 1/25/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Lol Paul was right when he said the media doesn't notice him.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Got Mitt Romney as well. I have noticed on Facebook, I get comments from Romney as well, and I never liked or subscribed to any of his BS. I find that one interesting.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
well I just checked this out. Mitt Romney is listed first. It says Vote Mitt Romney or something like that. Just that one. then all the other results are RP. I am in the Chicago area. Peace! I used Google btw
edit on 26-1-2012 by Cesar85 because: I forgot to mention what search engine i used

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss

It's 11:30 PM on the west coast (Seattle area). I just tried it and got nothing but Ron Paul. No sign of Mitt, which in and of itself is a good thing.

Just letting you know.

Edit; Ok, an ad. That explains it. I use Mozilla and No Script addon. I don't see any adds - except on ATS where I turn No Script off.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
There's a boogeyman around every corner for Ron Paul supporters these days, this is hillarious.
Ron Paul used his money to attack candidates so if someone paid Google for some ads, what's the issue here?

Are all Ron Paul supporters now going to boycott Google?
How about boycotting the internet as a whole, nobody would complain that is left there.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
It's good adwords, the Romney campaign is bidding on the keyword "Ron Paul", and they are the only ones doing it, that's why it shows up first.

No conspiracy here....

But every time someone clicks on it, the Romney campaign has to pay for it, and because the quality score is going to be terrible for an unrelated keyword they probably pay pretty decent money PER CLICK

Great waste of campaign money, because Paul supporters aren't going to convert and could click it just to waste the Romney campaign money.

They need to fire their marketing guy, he's a noob.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join