It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once you know the truth, there is no going back.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The thread title is more of a question than a statement really. This all came about while I ran across a select quote from the movie the matrix the quote in question is from the scene where Neo meets Morpheus for the first time and is being educated into the real nature of reality. the quote is

Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.

What stood out the most was the line "after this, there is no turning back".

So what Morpheus is referring to is that once Neo discovered the truth about the nature of the reality he existed in, there was no way to un-learn what he would know. So what if we extrapolate this statement and superimpose it on a subject we here at ATS know all too well, Conspiracy.

So as I myself search for answers I ask myself more often than not. Is it all worth it? What if I find the answer and its too much to bear? IS there really no going back once you know the truth? And i dont mean a subjective truth, i mean a truth backed by facts and figures. I know people will argue that all truths are subjective to the individual but for the sake of the exercise lets just stick to facts and figures. What do you guys think? Is there really no going back? There might come a day ..very soon i might add, when the obviousness of our slavery will be beyond question. If and when that day come and the "truth" is revealed how could they possibly put the genie back in the bottle??

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Ive already opened that bottle. What really sucks is that there are so few that see it, that it makes you mad (both American and English definitions).

I really can't go back. It bothers me to know the truth. Everyday I work, it reminds me that I need to make money, why because I need to get by. I feel the bonds heavy on my shoulders, I really do feel like the only way out is death.

If I didn't have to make money to get by, I'd go back to art. I did like drawing for people and was not the worst (people I didn't even know wanted my work and thought it was good).

That and have a farm, I really want to go back (but not before electricity and indoor plumbing
)

Then there is the, it doesn't matter if its your land, you have to build to code, some rules that are insane.
There was even this one guy that got bothered so much because all he had was an RV without electricity or sewage. The man did fine on his own, but no. If your not paying the locals their cut (utils and what not) then you need to be hated upon.

Oh Diogenes, how I envy thee.
umm end rant

edit on 25-1-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

IS there really no going back once you know the truth?

The problem isn't exactly related to the truth itself. The problem lies within the overinflated conceited ego of many whom convince themselves that they are special, because of what they know.

The amount of truth that you do not know, will always be greater than that of what you do know. It is after that↑ is forgotten, when more problems arise.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Once you jump down into that rabbit hole, there is no exit or path of return. Some knowledge cannot be unlearned; it can only be suppressed. The truth fits that such knowledge.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yes. Once you open the can of crap, it doesn't get closed.

Some days i wish i could untruth myself and go back to being like everyone else, being wilfully ignorant.
The truth is there, yet there is nothing we can do about it. Not alone, not a thousand. Maybe a million. 10. 20. Everyone needs to be exposed to the truth. We need to seize control of the media and start telling the truth, instead of perpetuating the never ending deceit.

Sometimes i regret taking the red pill.
I bet the blue pill tasted like simulated happiness.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

The problem lies within the overinflated conceited ego of many whom [color=D7FFB8]convince themselves that they are special, because of what they know.

An excellent example:

Originally posted by calnorak

Ive already opened that bottle. What really sucks is that there are so few that see it, that it makes you mad.....

There is a high probability that more good examples will follow, in comments below↓.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

IS there really no going back once you know the truth?

The problem isn't exactly related to the truth itself. The problem lies within the overinflated conceited ego of many whom convince themselves that they are special, because of what they know.

The amount of truth that you do not know, will always be greater than that of what you do know. It is after that↑ is forgotten, when more problems arise.

The amount of truth is not whats in question here. Obviously there will always be more you dont know than you do. Thats like saying water is wet.

Also i dont understand how knowing something someone else DOESNT know make you the same as them???

Everybody is special because we are all unique. whether that uniqueness should be glorified or condemned is not for me to decide. I think as a person i would rather know as much as i can about as many different things as possible in order to be better educated on any given topic. I do agree with you however that people do let the fact that they know something powerful go to their heads sometimes. But thats more to do with individual insecurities of people and not the concept of truth itself. If you take these people out of the equation its still fundamentally about truth.

The tread title is once you know the truth there is no going back, so are you suggesting that once people know the truth they develop overinflated conceited ego's? and that is why there is no going back to being blissful?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Not really answering your question, because my question here is why do you think it needs a rabbit hole or a elaborated conspiracy theory to find the truth?

I mean..aren't MOST things so obvious already?

I don't need to dive into a rabbit hole to see kids starving to death in one country, while in another country people driving a Ferrari for €150.000

I don't need to fall into a rabbit hole or come up or investigate an elaborate theory to find out that 70% of the society is WORKING for other people, their whole life for some sh#tty wage..for the profits of a FEW Elites.

I don't need to go into a rabbit hole and wonder how it can be we shoot cruise missiles worth approx $1M a PIECE..while people back in the country cannot afford basic healthcare

AND COUNTLESS OTHER THINGS...

So...what "truth" is there to discover? What so called mysterious, ominous truth? All you need to do is open your eyes, read a paper or watch the news.

And heck yes, once you discover that "truth", no there is no going back...because you just realized how life really is.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
when you listen to a man called johnatthan aka adampants on youtube,you realize that we have only began to peel layers of reality and trueth.the rabbit hole is much deeper then we can imagine.after what i have heard,it seems we are just beginning to scrape the surface of our state we are in.hard to accept but all the signs point to it. and it is like it was asked to neo.( what if you were not able to wake up out of the dream world? how would you know if your in it or not?) in my opinion it is like we are living in a dream world.a matrix,since i started growing up by the lessons of the adults to the "real world",i knew! i knew there and then something was wrong but i was pushed to accept this illusion we call the real world.there is a matrix with all and its rabbit hole entrance and its santa belly and all.and its also true you can only be lead to the path.
edit on 25-1-2012 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Not really answering your question, because my question here is why do you think it needs a rabbit hole or a elaborated conspiracy theory to find the truth?

I mean..aren't MOST things so obvious already?

I don't need to dive into a rabbit hole to see kids starving to death in one country, while in another country people driving a Ferrari for €150.000

I don't need to fall into a rabbit hole or come up or investigate an elaborate theory to find out that 70% of the society is WORKING for other people, their whole life for some sh#tty wage..for the profits of a FEW Elites.

I don't need to go into a rabbit hole and wonder how it can be we shoot cruise missiles worth approx $1M a PIECE..while people back in the country cannot afford basic healthcare

AND COUNTLESS OTHER THINGS...

So...what "truth" is there to discover? What so called mysterious, ominous truth? All you need to do is open your eyes, read a paper or watch the news.

And heck yes, once you discover that "truth", no there is no going back...because you just realized how life really is.

My apologies if your comment was NOT a result of my post but i asked a question and your reply mentioned you not answering one so i presumed you were replying to the OP.

just to clear up any confusion i never mentioned any rabbits or the holes they might live in. I didnt specify HOW the people came to the truth of reality but what the outcome was once they HAD. Some people walk around in a daze for decades and never see the Hypocrisy of civilization, and some people see it from the first day. How or why that happens is another matter for another thread(which you have inspired me to author).

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Though it has been said in many different ways, it still boils down to: there are none so blind as those that will not see and none so deaf as those that will not hear. The truth is there for all to see and hear but they are content to remain blissfully ignorant and believe the lie.

Learning the truth requires a paradigm shift in their reality which few are willing to undertake. Many will state that truth is subjective to ones point of view, yet truth in totality either is or is not. It is like the colors black and white, either it is black or it is white, anything less is a shade of gray. People on average prefer the shades of gray which are in fact nothing but lies disguised as various degrees of the truth. Either it is 100% truth or it's a lie, there is no in between.

Neo had a choice, red (truth) or blue (lie). Once he choose the truth, there was no way to return to the lie. He chose the truth and the system of lies rejected him. Thus there was no return.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
Though it has been said in many different ways, it still boils down to: there are none so blind as those that will not see and none so deaf as those that will not hear. The truth is there for all to see and hear but they are content to remain blissfully ignorant and believe the lie.

Learning the truth requires a paradigm shift in their reality which few are willing to undertake. Many will state that truth is subjective to ones point of view, yet truth in totality either is or is not. It is like the colors black and white, either it is black or it is white, anything less is a shade of gray. People on average prefer the shades of gray which are in fact nothing but lies disguised as various degrees of the truth. Either it is 100% truth or it's a lie, there is no in between.

Neo had a choice, red (truth) or blue (lie). Once he choose the truth, there was no way to return to the lie. He chose the truth and the system of lies rejected him. Thus there was no return.

I wonder what will happen if this current shift in "mass awakening" or "takeaway enlightenment" as i like to call it is hijacked by those with the power to direct it to where they want to go. I mean at the end of the day he who controls the flow of information controls the realities of those that absorb it........

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

when the dots are scattered across the page, anyone can connect any dots in to appearing however they had intended. i often find myself playing this game. i think we all can gain from remembering that quote. life is not what they said it was on the cartoons, and picture books as a child. reality is cruel and unforgiving, but not as lost as we may think. people are born good, and bread bad. when we change our mindsets (as a global population) away from debating the need or not for foreign millitary interventions, and the true intentions of Wall Street and foreign bankers; when we move past the injustices of the past we can build a brighter tomorrow. even injustices from yesterday are now in the past. history repeats when we forget where we have come from, and by reflecting on the past, we forget where we had intended to go, and the injustice from before are manifested again.

in the 60s "hippies" stood to end a foreign war, to spread peace and love, to unlock new consciousness, and to bring down the establishment...that same generation is now the generation in charge of:
new foreign wars, a war of terror, population control, a war on drugs...and look at all the threads here on this site. what are we always talking about? ending foreign wars, promoting peace and love, unlocking the secrets of accension and the metaphysical theories around 2012.

this is a replay of a generation before, because the generation before forgot not only where they came from, but what their intentions were. if wer re-align ourselves towards the mind set of justice and prosperity, i believe reality will manifest itself as such. life is what it is, but we (as individuals affecting the whole) do have the power to change it how we see fit.

Equal Rights, Justice, Peace, and Love for All

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
there is other species that put one of there kind in power to rule over the others bees,ants i am sure there is others and yes they build a big nest and have a system to keep there society flowing,but as ours they are slaved and killed. but there is also species that do not adhear to this type social system,they are guided by there life force.were we really ment to be socially like bees and ants? have we been shrunk to that ?do we not already have a collony of cells dependent on the mind and life force?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bumpufirst

You might be more right than you realize.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Think of it like a jig saw puzzle.
After all those hours and it's finally together and you see the big picture.
Next think you know here comes an accident and destroys the final product.
Now when you pick up the pieces again it takes a fraction of the time to put it back together.
Even if you just throw it in the trash can instead it won't matter cause that final product is part of you now.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The tread title is once you know the truth there is no going back, so are you suggesting that once people know the truth they develop overinflated conceited ego's? and that is why there is no going back to being blissful?
Inflated ego? No, not in my opinion. As someone said we are all unique in each one of our responses. I think, or at least in my own situation, one of the major reasons for the inability to return to a state of ignorant bliss is that with knowledge comes responsibility. Too often people do not want the responsibility of any given knowledge because they are too comfortable with their head stuck in the sand. Its not that they can not handle the truth, they just do not want to.

So I think rather than ego, we just have people that do not want responsibility. Not their fault really, when they have been raised in a country that teaches the government takes responsibility and the people should not care. "From cradle to grave the government takes care of all that, not my job..........."

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

you wanna know the truth?
there is no truth, literally, so quest quest will be in vain.
truth is nothing more then fallacies of your mind explaining away and creating that which is not.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

What sort of truth could you discover and promote with facts and evidence? A scientific truth? I'll wager that on your quest for that truth you come across another: that your search for an objective truth, a truth that pleases the many, is merely an act of vanity.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JAsay1LOVE

in the 60s "hippies" stood to end a foreign war, to spread peace and love, to unlock new consciousness, and to bring down the establishment...that same generation is now the generation in charge of:
new foreign wars, a war of terror, population control, a war on drugs...and look at all the threads here on this site. what are we always talking about? ending foreign wars, promoting peace and love, unlocking the secrets of accension and the metaphysical theories around 2012.

nice try. Yes, in the 60s and 70s there was a movement of people who spread peace, love, ends to foreign war, the Age of Aquarius....
just as there are now.
Except they were NOT the mainstream; they were vilified, ridiculed, mocked, expelled, called "dirty hippies" and "commies" and extremists.

Those are NOT the people in charge, friend. The people in charge are the ones who called them those names!
TPTB are NOT the hippies of that generation.

Please refrain from blaming the "hippies"...it is the capitalist hard-core greed-mongers and spreaders of "righteousness" through violence and lies that are in charge.

The children of the "hippies" are now in their 30s, and 20s....they aren't yet fully 'in charge'. The young bureaucrats and senators in the "freshman" class are not the children of those "hippies," but the children of the good-ol'-boys network, with a few exceptions.

Don't forget, that those 'hippies' were also known for their use of illicit substances, free love, living off the grid, protesting the war and 'conscientously objecting' to service, and driving around in buses painted in psychedelic styles, living in poverty. MANY of those activities, if it is discovered they were practiced by a candidate, WILL be used to 'reject' them as viable leaders.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join