It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once you know the truth, there is no going back.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

There might come a day ..very soon i might add, when the obviousness of our slavery will be beyond question. If and when that day come and the "truth" is revealed how could they possibly put the genie back in the bottle??

star and flag, OP!

No, you cannot 'go back' unless you willfully decide to ignore the things you know to be truth, and then you are, at best, a fake.

The obviousness of our slavery HAS BEEN exposed...the very recent SOPA and PIPA bills were the attempt to stuff that genie back in the bottle.
To regress in education of the masses, to forbid knowledge. No, they can not possibly remove the knowledge, and that is why they are terrified...they have lost control...and their desperate efforts to squelch the knowledge shows just how frantic they are.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

So as I myself search for answers I ask myself more often than not. Is it all worth it? What if I find the answer and its too much to bear? IS there really no going back once you know the truth?

Hello there, fellow seeker! I see by your profile you are a veteran on ATS. That being said, You are correct, once you know, there is no way back to ignorance and unknowing. Is it worth it? For me, yes, it is. I am a born seeker, and an avid reader, I have read more than 10,000 books in my life. And read a great deal on the Internet, since I was introduced to it about 15 years ago. In doing this, I learned, and retained a great deal of information. I am also a channeller of other, supernatural and ET information, as I have stated before. I believe myself to be a storehouse of information, and there is more to this story, but I will not relate it. There is already a great deal of ridicule for those who channel.

Was it worth it? I answer with a resounding YES! If I had the chance to go back, and never learn what I know, and block out all other information completely? I would never do it. I am happy with what I know, and attempt to inform the masses, even though I am ridiculed and called everything you can think of sometimes. Some think I am crazy. I am beyond caring anymore.

Happy hunting, friend, and never look back.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Also i dont understand how knowing something someone else DOESNT know make you the same as them???

Friend, Enlightenment does not make one special. It makes one Enlightened, that's all. Just because I may know more than you, I am no better, no higher, except perhaps in vibrational ways, and I do not consider myself to be more than a human being, with perhaps some other DNA and Genetics, all beyond my control.

I stand in protection for all of Humanity. Those of us who know things will come in real handy soon, when all comes down in the Purification. Do not hate us, we want to help you.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

IS there really no going back once you know the truth?

The problem isn't exactly related to the truth itself. The problem lies within the overinflated conceited ego of many whom convince themselves that they are special, because of what they know.

That's really a cogent comment. What really amazes me about so many people on ATS is that they proclaim to KNOW, without doubt, what the truth is. And their typical admonition to others is that we all should "wake up" and not be "sheeple." My own reaction to this is, Who made these people God? How do they know? Did their Mommy tell them? Did they read a forum post? Did they go to a web site where the truth was proclaimed? Did they read a book? have a conversation with someone? Were they lectured to in a class? How did they determine what they believe is truth? Examples:

Jesus Christ is your only path to salvation. If you don;t accept him as your savior you will go to hell.
9/11 was an inside job.
Anonymous is CIA.
Aliens have visited the earth.
The NWO is planning to lock us all up in FEMA death camps.
I've got chi and waving my hand over a candle proves it.
Global Warming is real.

It seems to me a much more sane way of approaching a subject is to state your case and why you suspect that X is the truth and ask for input, much as our OP has done. Just as an example on Global Warming. Rather than proclaim global warming is real as in, "Wake up sheeple! Global Warming is going to kill us all. Stop driving!!!" how about this?

"Guys, I'm a meterologist and have been for 20 years. I'm interested in global warming and have read a couple dozen books on it, read a lot of blogs, and read all the Climategate files and emails. My conclusion is that Global Warming is NOT true and that the figures have been manipulated. One example. You know Al Gore's chart, the big red one that shows a correlation between CO2 outgassing and global warming? He got it backwards. CO2 increass about 100 years AFTER there is a period of global warming. He mixed up cause and effect and now won't admit it. Here's my evidence. What do you think?"

That's the kind of argument I would pay attention to, but most of the evidence presented here is wrong.

Their Mommy was wrong.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

So...what "truth" is there to discover? What so called mysterious, ominous truth? All you need to do is open your eyes, read a paper or watch the news.

It is way more than reading a paper and watching news on TV, don't you know that the MSN is wholly owed by just a few individuals, people like Ted Turner?
The kind of information the OP is talking about is hidden from sight, and given evil connotations and names. I'm taking about so called "Occult Knowledge." Things you do not want to know. I will leave you with some links, so that you can see what I mean here.

Warning! Forbidden Knowledge ahead:

AMERICAN PATRIOT FRIENDS NETWORK (APFN)
(A very good information site on Constitutional Issues and more)

Educate-Yourself
(Links on every Conspiracy topic you can think of)

The Lieber Code of 1863
(Proof of Martial Law in America, this act was never repealed)

COVERT ACTIVITIES AND COVER-UPS MOST PEOPLE ARE NOT AWARE OF
(Don't click here unless you really want to know!)

America’s Two Constitutions (One for the Rich, One for the Poor)
(This one will make you very angry)

"The Two United States and the Law" by Howard Freeman
(Howard Freeman was the lead guy in the Montana Freemen)

The Secret Destiny of America

U.S.A. The Republic Is The House That No One Lives In

The Rise Of The Fourth Reich

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

There is a magnificent light at the end of the long dark tunnel, but few find it. Most conspirary minded people get lost in the tunnel, and end up on a detour which simply gets them mired in either apathy or hatred and the lust for vengeance, while pointing fingers at all the evils of the world. Personally, I've found that those without what Carl Jung called "a valid, working, theological framework by which they can enter the fray with their whole being", even in the face of the worst horrors and evils, end up going insane to one degree or another, so they just end up worse off than if they'd stayed in the matrix of illusion, and I've been around the block more than once.

edit on 25-1-2012 by NewAgeMan because: quotation marks added

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

"Guys, I'm a meterologist and have been for 20 years. I'm interested in global warming and have read a couple dozen books on it, read a lot of blogs, and read all the Climategate files and emails. My conclusion is that Global Warming is NOT true and that the figures have been manipulated. ..."

Interesting analogy. I agree with your post entirely, in its sagacity. Still, (and this made me chuckle), yesterday I was listening to Neil Conan's Talk of the Nation call-in program on NPR. His guest was a woman who is a meteorologist who has written numerous books and investigated 'global warming' from both/all sides. She claims that there is absolute evidence, indisputable science, that indicates said 'Global Warming' is caused by human activity.

Now, I, for one, had been of the persuasion - after much research and study - that it is a natural planetary phenomenon, and that the hype was just that: hype. Propaganda to suit some agenda; and Al Gore was a phony spreader of propaganda. This woman claims that denying it is deliberate covering up of the truth. Not in a 'smoky room conspiracy theory sort of way' (her description), but in a distortion sort of way.

*sigh*. So, now, I have to revisit the problem...starting over! I still don't know which to believe....

Just wanted to point that out....we just don't know how much we don't know; when we realize how much we don't know is when we start to become aware, really aware.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

"Guys, I'm a meterologist and have been for 20 years. I'm interested in global warming and have read a couple dozen books on it, read a lot of blogs, and read all the Climategate files and emails. My conclusion is that Global Warming is NOT true and that the figures have been manipulated. ..."

Interesting analogy. I agree with your post entirely, in its sagacity. Still, (and this made me chuckle), yesterday I was listening to Neil Conan's Talk of the Nation call-in program on NPR. His guest was a woman who is a meteorologist who has written numerous books and investigated 'global warming' from both/all sides. She claims that there is absolute evidence, indisputable science, that indicates said 'Global Warming' is caused by human activity.

May I suggest a book? "The Hockey Stick Illusion; Climategate and the corruption of science." by A.W. Montford. ISBN-13: 978-1906768355.

This book is an eye-opener. It's full of statistics, which one would think would get boring quickly, but it reads like a mystery novel. If you want to understand why the science is bad, this will tell you. Full of charts and references, it shows exactly how the idea of man-made global warming is a crock. It doesn;t claim there is no global warming; there surely is, but the idea that we are causing it is what is debunked here. Highly recommended.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

This book is an eye-opener. It's full of statistics, which one would think would get boring quickly, but it reads like a mystery novel.

Very cool! Thanks for the resource! I'll check it out.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

but truth is absolute freedom existence, that what exist is free and what is free exist

so if u got forced to know bad existence u can still claim ur freedom right, while also justify that what forced u to know is free responsable it cant involve u in his existence

and if u admitted objective existence absolute fact as true u can still claim ur right of not existing like dying from existence from that choice to be through zero object freedom stillness

and if u happen to understand some major truths realms u can still pretend ur right to consider absolute truth being freedom as the superior one to all truths so u r right then to mean just that as truth since it is superior truth so supposetely including all truths relativities to

wat else can they invent to justify forcing u forever as if it is coming from u?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
The thread title is more of a question than a statement really. This all came about while I ran across a select quote from the movie the matrix the quote in question is from the scene where Neo meets Morpheus for the first time and is being educated into the real nature of reality. the quote is

Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.

What stood out the most was the line "after this, there is no turning back".

So what Morpheus is referring to is that once Neo discovered the truth about the nature of the reality he existed in, there was no way to un-learn what he would know. So what if we extrapolate this statement and superimpose it on a subject we here at ATS know all too well, Conspiracy.

So as I myself search for answers I ask myself more often than not. Is it all worth it? What if I find the answer and its too much to bear? IS there really no going back once you know the truth? And i dont mean a subjective truth, i mean a truth backed by facts and figures. I know people will argue that all truths are subjective to the individual but for the sake of the exercise lets just stick to facts and figures. What do you guys think? Is there really no going back? There might come a day ..very soon i might add, when the obviousness of our slavery will be beyond question. If and when that day come and the "truth" is revealed how could they possibly put the genie back in the bottle??

First, as to turning back . . .

The Circle teaches us there is Only One way a Circle goes to Infinity . . . Mom's Way which is Always!

Second, as to Conspiracies, who would give a chit if they know the Truth, because then they know the Greatest Conspiracy of All Time . . . Y!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
Ive already opened that bottle. What really sucks is that there are so few that see it, that it makes you mad (both American and English definitions).

I really can't go back. It bothers me to know the truth. Everyday I work, it reminds me that I need to make money, why because I need to get by. I feel the bonds heavy on my shoulders, I really do feel like the only way out is death.

If I didn't have to make money to get by, I'd go back to art. I did like drawing for people and was not the worst (people I didn't even know wanted my work and thought it was good).

That and have a farm, I really want to go back (but not before electricity and indoor plumbing
)

Then there is the, it doesn't matter if its your land, you have to build to code, some rules that are insane.
There was even this one guy that got bothered so much because all he had was an RV without electricity or sewage. The man did fine on his own, but no. If your not paying the locals their cut (utils and what not) then you need to be hated upon.

Oh Diogenes, how I envy thee.
umm end rant

edit on 25-1-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

The Genie is Hope!

As to the Master that's been play'n God, WE ain't finished phluck'n with We Yet!
The Ride's about to get interesting.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

IS there really no going back once you know the truth?

The problem isn't exactly related to the truth itself. The problem lies within the overinflated conceited ego of many whom convince themselves that they are special, because of what they know.

The amount of truth that you do not know, will always be greater than that of what you do know. It is after that↑ is forgotten, when more problems arise.

kNot alwaYs!

You've known IT All more than kNot and so manY Times, You've just forgotten!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Once you jump down into that rabbit hole, there is no exit or path of return. Some knowledge cannot be unlearned; it can only be suppressed. The truth fits that such knowledge.

While All fits the Truth, the Truth doesn't fit All, unless ITs Source Material!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Yes. Once you open the can of crap, it doesn't get closed.

Some days i wish i could untruth myself and go back to being like everyone else, being wilfully ignorant.
The truth is there, yet there is nothing we can do about it. Not alone, not a thousand. Maybe a million. 10. 20. Everyone needs to be exposed to the truth. We need to seize control of the media and start telling the truth, instead of perpetuating the never ending deceit.

Sometimes i regret taking the red pill.
I bet the blue pill tasted like simulated happiness.

If you reallY took the Red Pill, you forgot to swalloW!

Is Your first name Monica, BTW?

Ribbit

Ps: Red stains better.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
Though it has been said in many different ways, it still boils down to: there are none so blind as those that will not see and none so deaf as those that will not hear. The truth is there for all to see and hear but they are content to remain blissfully ignorant and believe the lie.

Learning the truth requires a paradigm shift in their reality which few are willing to undertake. Many will state that truth is subjective to ones point of view, yet truth in totality either is or is not. It is like the colors black and white, either it is black or it is white, anything less is a shade of gray. People on average prefer the shades of gray which are in fact nothing but lies disguised as various degrees of the truth. Either it is 100% truth or it's a lie, there is no in between.

Neo had a choice, red (truth) or blue (lie). Once he choose the truth, there was no way to return to the lie. He chose the truth and the system of lies rejected him. Thus there was no return.

There are none so Blind as those that will not sEe with their 1 eYe and none so Deaf as those that will not hEar with their 1 eAr and none so Lame as those that will kNot wAlk on their 1 fOOt! - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Also i dont understand how knowing something someone else DOESNT know make you the same as them???

Friend, Enlightenment does not make one special. It makes one Enlightened, that's all. Just because I may know more than you, I am no better, no higher, except perhaps in vibrational ways, and I do not consider myself to be more than a human being, with perhaps some other DNA and Genetics, all beyond my control.

I stand in protection for all of Humanity. Those of us who know things will come in real handy soon, when all comes down in the Purification. Do not hate us, we want to help you.

Purification = Judgment = Fail!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

kNot alwaYs!

You've known IT All more than kNot and so manY Times, You've just forgotten!

Ribbit
Hey kid. For future reference:

If you actually have something to say, just come out and say it. Speaking with moronic riddles, is less relevant than if you had stated nothing at all.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The amount of truth is not whats in question here. Obviously there will always be more you dont know than you do. Thats like saying water is wet.
Not exactly. Just because it may be obvious to you and I, that does not mean that it is obvious to everyone else. It should be, but sadly, it is not.

Everybody is special because we are all unique. whether that uniqueness should be glorified or condemned is not for me to decide.

....are you suggesting that once people know the truth they develop overinflated conceited ego's? and that is why there is no going back to being blissful.
I made no mention of any bliss. I was not actually suggesting anything at all.

I am outright saying that many people(especially on this website, but not limited to it) actually believe that they are better than others, because of [color=DBE8A7]the truths that they [color=C0E88B]think [color=DBE8A7]they know.

I do agree with you however that [color=BDFFD5]people do let the fact that they know something powerful go to their heads sometimes. But thats more to do with individual insecurities of people and not the concept of truth itself. If you take these people out of the equation its still fundamentally about truth.
This↑ is actually where the line often begins to blur.

Sometimes, the truths that some believe they know, are not actually based on facts, but are based only on opinions. Yet some still honestly feel that they are better than others, because of which side of the fence that they believe to be the truth.

It is basically just in our nature as humans, to feel that we are correct, and that those who believe the opposite, are wrong. It is difficult for some to comprehend that no matter what they believe, or how strongly they believe it, there is always a possibility that our beliefs are wrong.

Originally posted by schuyler

What really amazes me about so many people on ATS is that they proclaim to KNOW, without doubt, what the truth is.
[color=787878]To further substantiate the flaws within this↑ type of thinking:
At times, two people with opposing viewpoints, each [color=FFBB99]know for a fact that they are right, while proclaiming that the other is wrong. In most circumstances, one of them will be wrong.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

At times, two people with opposing viewpoints, each [color=FFBB99]know for a fact that they are right, while proclaiming that the other is wrong. In most circumstances, one of them will be wrong.

Im a recovering cynic so i would wager that in a debate where both parties think they are right more often than not both parties are wrong. To assume finality is to not understand the concept of truth.

I don think any of us will ever discover the truth maybe some truth but not all. maybe we have already and didnt recognize it for what it was. regardless I like to think i operate with the premise im right with the option of being wrong. After all its all perspective

It is very interesting from a psychological point of view to see peoples thoughts on this topic. its very telling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join