It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 doomsday or enlightenment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It has been said that the Mayan calendar ends this year Dec 21st 2012. Some say the end of the world, others say spiritual enlightment. Whatever happens the Mayans were known for their astrological acumen. So what is your feeling on this? Mine is mixed the weathers very weird and that's an understatement and at the same time there is a spiritual awakening going on around the planet. So can anyone convince me that its either the end of the world or spiritual enlightment or could it be both?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Neither.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Why cant we all just wait and stop talking about it. Its upon us, just wait and see. If stuff happens, cool. If not, it wasn't the first time things didn't happen.

Life is long, why would it suddenly end or change due to a random date that Im sure is not correct in the cosmic scale of things. Were only humans, even the Mayans, we are not infallible. We make mistakes. We make wild claims that are false. We are silly little creatures.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Friday.

Probably the start to a long, holiday weekend at that. Huzzah.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I think we will be enlightened that doomsday didn't happen.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

niether -but i am looking forward to hearing the explainations in 2013 for why nothing happened

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Dear 1losere12,

What if both happened? What if it were the beginning of the end times and people came to realize that there was a spiritual realm that they could interact with? I have read many who have talked about a coming spiritual awakening; but, I always wonder, how would people handle such a thing?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Before doomsday, the deaf must hear, the blind must see, Solomon's Temple has to be rebuilt, and the man of sin must be revealed. There's countless other things that must occur, but these mentioned are things you can easily watch for.

Enlightenment comes only to those who seek it diligently, and these a few. Gandhi, Buddha, and Christ are good examples of enlightened ones.

What you're probably referring to is the great awakening, and I don't know when that could happen or if it already has happened.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

It's not like when the clock strikes dec 21 that either the poles will shift or people will become permanently enlightened, doesn't work that way. It's more like a doorway, a time in which we can begin to create our own future, based on what we need as a species, and that is enlightenment, although one must seek to find, hopefully people will start searching and stop worrying about us dying.

My one cent.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Enlightenment would be great, but it will most likely be another mundane friday...TGIF!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

niether -but i am looking forward to hearing the explainations in 2013 for why nothing happened

I agree neither!

However i'm not looking forward to explanations just because we've heard enough already about it. I'm not one to wish time away, but i'll be soooo glad when it's 2013 and I hope to never hear of another 'doom date' again!

But sadly i'm sure there will be some doom thing about 2013,2014.2015,etc.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
personally I think that bit of both will happen, there aren't that many neutrals around nowadays....

top topics

join