It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the physical world needed any longer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Thanks to virtual reality my consciousness, my being feels superior to the average life-form. The more I go deeper into gaming the more god like I feel. Why live in this filthy flesh world when I can be God else where. I desire to take my mind and soul into VR where I'll design a completely new universe. Every person existing in my VR system will unknowingly feed me their knowledge. Infinite knowledge of god, infinite power of creation all thanks to VR.

I guess you could say I'm one of the higher-people helping to bring down this world and forcibly place mankind into technology addiction. The more technology we have the less people suffer as a whole. Man needs to be disconnected from the flawed god of this reality.

This is your reason for existing. With the correct treatment of course combined with certain chemicals/drugs it enhances the experience by millions. Soon you find yourself completely disconnect from this pitifully limited reality man defines as real.

Become

Cyber Goddess

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Don't be silly.

We're still a long way from immersive VR without pixellation and stuttering.

And controlling your incredible VR world through the chunky haptics of mouse & keyboard leaves much to be desired (although multitouch screens are getting there).

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Nice pic of the woman's face. Keep on going, let's see the rest of her! More serious, is she created by a program, and does she move realistically? That's the key thing that I've heard computer assisted movies can't do as yet, make a human face move around which fools the brain into thinking it's real. How close has that technology gotten?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

your perfect world isn't isolated from the physical world
and will blue screen if the sun acts up enough,
which it will eventually

or catches a Virus

as for the "filthy" flesh:
two quotes

Everything in the process of evolving looks ugly.
-Aizen Sosuke-

Despisers of the body, are not bridges to the Superman.
-Nietzsche-

edit on 24-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
why not live in both worlds vr and "real" but the headsets are too bulky I hope they perfect these

spectrum.ieee.org...

and keep the price tag to $300 and under maybe apple can jump on board

the ieye

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ahem, as a computer scientist I want to post in this thread.

It's cute.

Okay seriously now. It's theoretically possible to reproduce a virtual world that is almost as awesome as this one, and you can make it as awesome as you wish. The virtual worlds that we have created are already suitable for the habitation of human consciousness. People can live in the virtual world for months at a time now without wanting to go back.

Don't believe me? Try a quick google of 'MMO addiction' in China. Those people prefer the virtual world to this one.

So the conclusion? There is no need to focus on how 'beautiful' or 'pixellated' the world is, focus on making it /massive/, and giving it incredible depth. MMO games are both massive, and extremely deep. They work to addict people.

If you live in a virtual world that is pixellated for an extended period of time, your brain will adjust to the lower resolution or 'ugliness', and will compensate. You won't notice it anymore. This is true for any 'ugliness' (in quotes, because everything is beautiful).

So..who is up to the challenge of building the largest possible MMO?

The algorithms required are interesting, but a massive, user-moldable virtual world is possible. We just need a bigger computer. It's only a matter of time, my friends..

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I spent a lot of time playing 2nd life, ultima, TSO, etc etc etc. Really got into it for a little while. Eventually, you have to unplug and do something real. Otherwise you end up with one really big right arm from over-mouse usage and one shriveled up arm that cannot move. Then you just kind of blob out and melt into your chair.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
not bad ,still doesnt top astral projection for travelling .

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
You guys didn't answer me.

Why care about this reality when the Virtual is so much better. Marriages never last, Love is an illusion, relationships are proven shallow by design, karma doesn't exist, everything you feel is chemical based, so why exist here.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I read your other post about love, and now I read this one and I am a bit concerned you feel the way you do. You do not seem very happy about this world and your life in it, so you think it would be better to escape to a virtual world where everything is how you wish it to be and you are in perfect control.

That sounds really appealing, but it is nothing more than an escape. In reality you are not in perfect control. No one is in perfect control of this world. Things happen all the time that I cannot control, but I can control how I handle them.

you ARE in perfect control of your body, mind and feelings. You choose to feel angry or sad. You may not be aware that you are choosing to be sad.....but you are. Separate yourself from your feelings and really ask yourself why are you feeling the way you do?

Your real life will not change and unless you plan on living your entire existence in your bedroom, you will be stuck. you will keep having the same problems over and over until you face them and change them.

Life is unfair, it is scary and there are tons of screwed up stuff going on.....I love escape too, but i know too much escape is not healthy. I encourage you to seek out the good stuff, it is there....maybe hard to find, it requires alot of effort, but it is there.

VR escape is the same as any other escape.....nothing will change in your life until you change it. Sorry if this comes off as a lecture, but I used to be similar to you in this way, and I just wanted you to know that first I care and understand, and second, I wanted to give you something to consider.

For what it is worth, I hope everything does go better for you, you seem like a bright person who is just having a difficult time.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

You know what, that sounds pretty crazy. And actually very interesting.

However there is just one problem, I am already stuck in a you can say virtual game, and this game is called life. It would be kind of redundant to make another version of the same thing only more shiny.

You guys didn't answer me. Why care about this reality when the Virtual is so much better. Marriages never last, Love is an illusion, relationships are proven shallow by design, karma doesn't exist, everything you feel is chemical based, so why exist here.

Um when you put it like that this place really does suck.

top topics

join