It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does your town/city/state have a DHS problem?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Mine sure doesn't. But I know the presence is felt from other cities, states and towns. The biggest thing here is TSA which is part of Homeland Security.

Does your city or state have a large amount of DHS?

And if so why?

Is there also a military presence or no?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
We have two that i'm aware of within ten miles of one another. The one on Murfreesboro Rd. in Nashville is almost across the street from Nashville International and they at least store military aircraft at this location. Smyrna is the next one and it is within a mile of the small airport...Army National Guard is across the street from that.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I'm also in Tennessee, close to Chattanooga and Oak Ridge, and there is a significant, measurable military presence here. The not-too-occasional convoy on the road, constant flyovers by aircraft, etc. Not to mention the fact that Tennessee is the only state that allows DHS road checkpoints..

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Nothing interesting in this area. We have national guard armories and a couple training facilities down in this part of the state but it's nothing that hasn't existed for decades. The only real interesting thing about my area is really the limestone mines/caves. Rumor has it between the ones here, out by Joplin and up in Kansas City there are all sorts of real interesting national and corporate treasures stored and archived. The tunnels give rock solid temps at almost 0 humidity for the best storage conditions one could ask for. Other than that? Heck..if anything, ICE seems a little less active than they've always have been.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
yeah i just moved from one THE scary-strangest place ever lived at by me.
The area is linked by three places:

Point Richmond ,Ca
- the town , also location of 2nd largest Chevron refinery, and huge General Chemical plant...refinery and plant are one ...

Point Potrero,Ca
-vehicle shipping port// FEMA depot (including enormous concrete structure with lack of windows and a fenced in bnsf railtrack that leads to holding area with those metal pronged turnstiles you c in prisons...building has heavy cctv,motion sensors..fences vibration n electrical. structure looks eerily reminiscent of wwII GAS HOUSES)

Point Molate, Ca
-de-commissioned Army housing welll maintained. land mostly owned/leased by Chevron
DHS patrols ALL of it
Chevron is doing some WEIRD #
My girl, ger couzin and i saw a rocket//ufo launch from behind hills of Pt. molate ..other side of hills is chevron...we were followed by DHS upon leaving..
no pics never had cam or thought to take any when i did....

edit on 24-1-2012 by PhantomPlague because: forgot to mention

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
i live north of detroit i know we dhs for canada crossing, sure their some up in sarnia too not positive tho. i do know they bought alot of snocone machines! lol good use of tax dollars to protect out border. after a long day of being a terrorist im sure you could use a nice chilled sno cone. also have selfridge air force base on lake st.clair which is between michigan and canada. my aunt has had some really low flying jets scream over her house not sure what thats about either but scared the poop out of me when i woke up to it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Thanks for posting all. I had traveled recently and did not notice a presence until I was in Tennessee where the presence was definitely noticeable. Also I drove by several of the roadside checkpoints. At the time I thought maybe they were just police as they were in unmarked black humvees on the medians in the Interstates but at the time I did not realize that Tennessee is the only state that allows this. Also when I was there, I happened to notice that their was a preparedness drill going on and noticed Homeland Security as well as CERT (civilian emergency response team) Anyhow I think I noticed more in Tennessee then anywhere I have been in the US.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I live in a southern small border city which has recently become a hub for international transportation, ( not sure if this is a good thing, however it will increase my property value) I moved here in 2007 all was calm and quiet until recently about 3 or 4 months ago reverything started changing. We have always had a level of border security but know we have a very heavy presence of Homeland security, DEA, ICE, you name it we have it here. I live on a international lake/resevour a few months ago all of a sudden the law official presence increased bringing onto the lake police speed boats homeland security speed boats, undercover speed boats from ICE, along with the already presence of border patrol boats ( did i mention all these boats and planes are heavily armed with big weapons). also in the air there is daily and nightly presence of helicopters and small twin engine plans. This all has at least one reason. Del Rio TX is known to be the safest southern border city and recently with all the crackdowns the cartel have tried infiltrating this area, but what i find curious i seriously have never seen homeland security here. peace
edit on 25-1-2012 by lbndhr because: spell check

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Fried, I think we all do. I live a little over 100 miles from Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio.
If you remember, Wright Patterson was where the remains of the UFO crash at Roswell in 1947. I have been to the base, and you can see air portals for deep underground vaults/bases on the field.

July 1947 Roswell, New Mexico. Wreckage of an unknown craft litters a field measuring almost a mile long and hundreds of yards wide. The U.S. Army sends trucks filled with soldiers to the location. Their mission, to secure and retrieve everything from the crash site. The military initially calls the craft a flying disc in a press release. The Army quickly recants the UFO story, and a press conference is scheduled in which the media is told that the wreckage is nothing more than a weather balloon. But according to many UFO researchers, at the same time the press is distracted with supposedly fake debris, the actually Roswell wreckage, and possibly other retrieved items, are taken under military control. They are surreptitiously flown almost 1500 miles away to a military base in Dayton Ohio called Wright Field. According to UFO legend, its precise destination is a hangar on the base, Hangar 18.
source

The Vaults at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Both ICE and Border Patrol are now run under DHS. Interesting though. Because Border Patrol agents for instance were still Border Patrol before DHS.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Ah yes, I was waiting for someone to post from Ohio. I figured that they have a presence there.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by lbndhr

Both ICE and Border Patrol are now run under DHS. Interesting though. Because Border Patrol agents for instance were still Border Patrol before DHS.

I dint know but its happening. In Sundays paper 5 major bust and last month was just wild around here. Besides the for mentioned law we also have about 600 + police,highway troopers, sherrif and condyables, recently park and game has been granted the ability to arrest people, this happen a couple years back but still population here is 33000. Mostly upper ages 35 and older.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Interesting. I used to live in the Rio Grande valley but that was before 9/11. Things have definitely changed.

new topics

top topics

join