It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biometric Identificatino and the SAT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Hello all. I didn't see any posts about this so I thought I would start one. CBS New York has posted this article, Exclusive: ‘Digital DNA’ May Soon Be Required To Take SAT And ACT Exams. The article and accompanying video are about how New York is going to require kids to have a biometric identification card in order to take the SAT in order to avoid fraud. At the same time US News has the following article Who Should Have Access to Student Records? which states that the Federal government requires states to keep all student records about, well on just about everything and the parents aren't even allowed to read the records in many states.

So ATS, how do you feel about this because personally I think our children will be the most monitored people in the history of the world and I don't like it. These digital records will follow them for life and every mistake becomes a permanent mistake. I don't usually post in the conspiracy section; but, I thought that someone should at least bring this up. Peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

My very first thought is that this would provide a great way for bureaucratic dullards to correlate performance with genetic profile. Leading to further profiling throughout one's lifetime.

So, for the record. Awesome genes do not necessarily equate to good academic performance. In fact, our current approach to education may involve a negative selection process. Regardless, to what end are we compiling this stuff? Security? Can that really be all?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Most of the smartest people I know did really crappy in school, so if they're trying to do this as some sort of profiling thing, then they're idiots. Most smart people, as in smart enough to really change the world, do crappy following the system. You can see this over and over and over again through history.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

so if they're trying to do this as some sort of profiling thing, then they're idiots.

Unless they're trying to select for those who respond to status ques and are amenable to rote memorization. It's a different sort of intelligence, and certainly not the kind that should be exclusively selected for.

If there are profilers, may I offer a word of advice: you need your critical thinkers and explorers. I know you think you'd be in clover if everyone would just settle down and buy what you tell them to, but it's just not that easy.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: hee.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
What about using eye scanners? You could verify a person with out being so much in their business to know who their great great grandmother slept with.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

Dear Eidolon23,

I see the issue being more about a complete and permanent history of our children. These histories can be used to make predictions about future actions, social profiling to tell us who might do a crime, participate in civil disobedience, whatever. Recently it was announced that the Library of Congress has been given a database which includes every "tweet" that was posted on twitter (though we were told it was only public tweets). Information is power and the government has it, it has your medical history (medical providers were required to make all medical information electronic), your social media history and all of your school records including discipline and other comments and the parents and students don't get to review or challenge what these things say.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Dear Ladysophiaofsandoz,

The information is not genetic, it is biometric. It is facial scanning that identifies your unique features including your eye. Having said that, currently IBM is finishing work on a genetic scanner that can touch your arm and collect all of your individual genetic code. I guess that will be the next step. Peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Dear God, you're right.

But you could collect and analyze all that data (academic records, FB activity, etc.) and build accurate enough projections (maybe) without bringing genetic make-up into things.

Which makes me wonder if it isn't less about tracking individuals as it is about charting and controlling larger patterns.

ETA: Geez, yeah. Sorry, I took the leap from biometrics to genetic profiling. Which maybe implies it's not a very great leap to make, yeah? And also that is is all about security.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: What isn't these days?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
people need to stand firm and not take those test. They will have to draw back. The individual,if "free", runs the society

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Dear Eidolon23,

But you could collect and analyze all that data (academic records, FB activity, etc.) and build accurate enough projections (maybe) without bringing genetic make-up into things.

The social profiling aspect is actually pretty simple. Wikipedia Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, the test itself can be taken on-line and is actually fairly accurate. I took the test for my job and it was unsettling what it picked up on considering the nature of the questions which seemed unrelated to anything. If one takes this information, it can be used along with programs that predict what a group of people will do given different situations and it can predict what type of people will take what types of actions, it narrows down the number of people you need to watch. Peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I'm a fuzzy little INFJ. Nothing to worry about here.

But I wonder, and I know this is off-topic, but what sort of personality types would end up on the poo poo list?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Dear biggmoneyme,

If you think this is bad, in India a national program to get the biometric information on everyone of it's 1.2 billion citizens is underway.

YouTube - The Mark Of The Beast In India

Not my video and I didn't give it the title. It is a video from SkyNews about the biometric program in India.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Dear Eidolon23,

INTJ. ENTJ. ISFJ. Anyone who is capable of fomenting resistance. The biometric information can of course be used to identify someone in a crowd and once identified, you would know who they were and their history. Anyone who served in Iraq or Afghanistan can tell you how people were required to have eye scans and biometric information in order to go into town to buy food.

It has been reported that Rand Paul (Ron Pauls son who is a senator). He later complained that there should be a way for non-terrorists to not be patted down. Well in parts of Europe this is avoided by giving your biometric information to the airport.

Two bits of information are required to really lock down a group. First you must be able to individually identify them and second you need to know their social history. That is all you need. The information is used for predictive programs. This information can then be used to recruit or restrict. Peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

This is just fact and it's coming.
In Mexico as soon as the then Verichip was approved for human implantation, a 1,000 Mexican officials were implanted with a RFID chip.

And I know for a fact there is cheating on test, Da. In the Construction Trades half these guys can't take and pass test, so they pay the test taker 20 buck's to go on line and prove they are up to speed on their SAFETY TEST, Double DA, DA,.

ANd you can't talk on cell phone while driving,but COP could drive ,talk on radio, type on computer, eat a Doughnut, coffee, Shoot your arse + whack-it. But their pros. Just don't have I/Q over 80. That's a Triple DA, DA, DA!

edit on 23-1-2012 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Dear googoplex,

The difference between the chip and biometrics is that people don't feel as controlled; but, can be just as easily tracked. There is a chip in your dog, a chip in your phone, a chip in your passport, a chip in your car, a chip in your computer and in many of the things you own. A friend of mine met a lady from some Scandinavian country where they had tested chipping people in a number of small towns. He said that everyone in these towns had been chipped as some sort of guinea pigs. I find the invisible 3d barcode much more ominous personally. Peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
what ever happened to a driver's license or birth certificate.

isn't it easier to make those thing's counterfeit proof, than biometric readers and dna sampling.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Id say you're on the right train of thought...
Do you remember the movie "Minority Report" with Tom Cruise? in which they used three pre-cognitive psychic freaks to predict crime before it happened....? yeah ... THIS #E IS GETTING REAL AND REAL FU**ing SCARY.
Link to synopsis of minority report:

In Washington, D. C. , in the year 2054, murder has been eliminated. The future is seen and the guilty punished before the crime has ever been committed.
minority report

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Dear randomname,

It is not about proving who you are, it is about identifying you and where you go. A couple of years ago the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation began an initiative to vaccinate everyone in Africa. In order to verify this they proposed to provide cell phones to take pictures of the people when they were vaccinated. Those pictures provide all the biometric information needed to track those people.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomPlague

Dear PhantomPlauge,

YouTube - New Police PRECRIME -- RED LIGHT FOR YOU

We don't need the movies when we have already implemented it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Apparently the theory in Iraq and afghanistan is if you can biometricly record a third of the population you can monitor predict and profile movements by the populous
and there was a big drive in biometrics in order to help with the counter insurgency
Just a thought
edit on 24-1-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto correct

edit on 24-1-2012 by Neocrusader because: UCI

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join