It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"God is an Imaginary Friend" Athiest Billboards in Denver-

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

One that baffles your mind and causes you to listen.

There are many problems with the idea of an infallible authority being the basis for morals and rights, this is why appealing to authority is commonly a fallacy of logic. This goes both for people who just appeal to the Constitution and those who appeal to a God, the truth is that NEITHER God or the Constitution are the source of human "rights".

I'll let Carlin explain (starts at around 4:20):

No man gave you these things.

Actually they did, men reasoned out what our rights should be. You can see this if you put the slightest thought into it. Take Iran, or any tyrannical nation where the government suppresses the rights of the citizens. If they were God given rights they wouldn't be taken away by men, yet an Iranian citizen has fewer rights than I do here in the USA.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyMuerte
When Atheists start posting up billboards they come to the very edge of becoming what they hate; a religion.....

Most atheist do not hate religion, they simply see it as flawed and do not believe in a "God". Educate your self.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
^ and people in saudi arabia have less right than iran citizens, your point is???

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
^ and people in saudi arabia have less right than iran citizens, your point is???

I really did attempt to extract a meaning/point from your post, and came to the conclusion that their was no meaning nor is it relevant to the topic at hand.

If you are trying to get a point across try being a little less cryptic.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What is the conspiracy in the creation of this billboard?

If there is no conspiracy, why is this thread in CiR?

Eric

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
I'm not really religious but, IMO- atheism on a full scale will be the fall of man .

That pretty much sums it up...the fall of man. I'm not religious or a church goer, but we are divine beings and absolutely can reach a higher state of consciousness and commune with the Christ. I should KNOW.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by IAMIAM

Now to someone who believes their rights come from a higher authority than man, well then they have an argument.

Self-determination trumps authority in my opinion.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

You are so close!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
These men may be more correct than they think.

I believe the 'imaginary friend' in children may be a vestigial capacity man once had...
...it was the organ through which the divine mind interacted with humans...
...but this spiritual capacity has been mostly lost.

edit on 23/1/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut
reply to post by AllUrChips

The difference between the two is that religous boards are put up to promote their religion. These Atheist board are put up to slander religion.

I find it amusing when one says it is slander if a non-believer promotes their belief and it is evangelizing if it speaks of god.

It makes the term evangelizing a pretty ugly term if you look at it that way.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
lol people still believe in god??

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Surely if this man is able to post his religious propaganda worldwide, these men should have the right to do the same about their beliefs

I absolutely agree!!

Besides, believes don't matter once you're body dies

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
"God is an Imaginary Friend"

Higgs Boson agrees.............................

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Religion is a joke. No other animal species that has lived throughout the billions of years that life has been on this planet has developed such a concept. But once humans develop total self awareness, the idea of death pops up, and naturally that fear is filled in by irrational beliefs of "imaginary friends" or afterlifes of some kind. As far as the evidence goes, when you die, you're dead.

Your brain shuts off, and it's bye-bye universe. So educate yourself and learn about everything you're interested in while you're alive on this planet. You only die once, and there's no going back in time and changing your life. Could there be a God? Sure, but physical evidence as of right now says no.
edit on 24-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: grammar fail

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I have heard these two quotes before: "god is just an imanginary friend for adults" and "why spend your life worrying about what happens when you die"

Watch Bill Maher's video "Religulous" great movie if you dont take your religion seriously

www.imdb.com...

here is the full movie

edit on 24/1/12 by dadfortruth1 because: added yt link

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The billboards to me make perfect sense.
Man likes to blame all of their problems on evil and 'the devil', because people need something to project their shortcomings and their problems on to. Not realizing that the only devil that exists is the one that resides within us, this is the Ego. Why do you think ego rhymes with evil? The same concept applies to God, but vica versa. All it is, is the blame game on a worldwide scale. We are our own worst enemies. The only one that can save you from your ego is yourSELF. You! We see all the problems of the world and we blame it Governments and secret societies, like the Illuminati, then we begin to feel sorry for ourSELF's. Then some of us begin to act self-righteous, and claim we are enlightened, like we have been doing something right and everybody else is doing it wrong. Then we began to polarize our world, and start giving ppl labels, like sheeple, and the unenlightened, in order to furthur polarize and mark others as different. And then, We have the audacity to act like we are angry because the so called 'powers that be' are supposedly making our lives miserable, and don't care about us, when in fact, we don't give damn about ourselves and the world we find ourselves in! We are the ones manifesting our fear and our problems, and way too many of us are forgetting to look within our own 'closets' for the reasons why our lives are in the state of confusion and chaos we like to blame others for bringing. Its self-delusion. We all act as though the Universe owes us something, we all want this and that. But it is us who is holding ourselves back from our true potentials. Honestly, I believe many of us want tptb and Illuminati to do the bad things they supposedly do, because it saves us from looking in mirror and facing THAT monster, it saves us from having to examine our own negative conscious. On ATS, I see a lot of "the sheeple need to wake up" when in fact it is the "enlightened" that need to smell the coffee. There is no God because we are the Creators of our reality, both on an individual and collective scale. I AM for one sick of my own personal nonsense. I AM sick of feeling sorry for myself. I AM sick of waiting in vain for aliens or a Messiah to come and rescue me, because I AM to afraid to help myself to rise above and conquer the challenges that I find myself facing everyday. I AM the one creating the obstacles in my reality. I AM the only one that is holding myself back from my true potential. I AM my own devil and my own worst enemy, and quite frankly, I AM tired of being SICK and TIRED. I AM tired of hating and fearing mySELF, and as a consequence, hating and fearing the world, which is a reflection of the SELF. WE are the ones who need to rise above the nonsense, and turn our lives around for the better. Aren't you tired as well?

---1Love

edit on 24-1-2012 by twinsoulz23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
As an atheist i hate it when religion pushes their beleifs on people.
these athiests seem to be doing the same thing and i don't like it.

protesting a nativity! haven't these athiests got better things to think about than religion.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by wlord

Just remember: More wars have been fought, and more blood has been shed from religion, than atheism. That tells me religion will most certainly be the downfall for human kind. I dont mind if or what people believe in, but to quote the late, great John Lennon, "if your talkin bout destruction, dont you know that you can count me out?"

edit on 23-1-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

Really? Chairman Mao killed more people than all the years of the crusades combined plus the Christians murdered by the Catholic inquisition (which is conservatively estimated at 60 million). Add Stalin, Pol Pot, and Idi Amin in the mix, it's not looking good for athiesm. WW2, WW1, Vietnam, Korea, Civil, Revolutionary, 1812, Spanish American, French Indian wars all had nothing to do with religion. It's time to retire that mantra.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
We need more of these billboards. It may be a small step but at least it's a start.
We will never progress as a species unless we grow up and take responsibility for ourselves.
Those who succumb to religious beliefs need some serious assesment...and most definately should never
be allowed to hold any type of power or authority.
And for those who believe in God or somesuch...take a look around you.
We need freedom from religion and those who promote it

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
freedom of religion is a human right and i think some atheists forget this.
just don't let religion get to you if you don't agree with it, religious wars have been over disagreements.
an atheist is just as bad if they fight over beleifs, i thought we were better than that.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Take Iran, or any tyrannical nation where the government suppresses the rights of the citizens. If they were God given rights they wouldn't be taken away by men, yet an Iranian citizen has fewer rights than I do here in the USA.

You really believe you have more rights than an Iranian?

Other than Freedom of Religion....I think they can do more than you without going to jail.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join