It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous threatens to take down Facebook.. Propoganda from the governement?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Anonymous threatens to take down Facebook.. Propoganda from the governement?

truththeory.com

According to the latest clip, another DDoS attack will be launched on January 28 against Facebook in the same manner that the previous week’s assaults were conducted against the entertainment industry and government sites. The narrator of the clip and an accompanying text description provide detailed information on how to go about conducting the attack, which is done using a simple piece of software called the Low Orbit Ion Cannon, or LOIC.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-1-2012 by benjamin2012 because: title error

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hey Everyone!

I have just been reading this article from truththeory.com and thought it looked a bit suspiciously like a piece of propoganda that the government have put out there to turn the public against Anonymous and promote their new internet laws?

Just a thought! ...does anybody else agree or am I just totally losing myself in my paranoia again!

truththeory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
HAhahhaha!!!!...........Although I do use Facebook on a daily basis I would love to see these guys take it out!!!......Do I believe they will?....Probably not but I do think it would be quite amusing to hear about people flipping out about how they can not update their statuses 20x a day!!!!..........LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
thought facebook was suppose to be hacked or taken down by anon in 2011 there??

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Someone said Mark was taking it down.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I downloaded the LOIC. If I end up arrested or detained because it was a bait file put out by the Government, I will be mighty ticked off.

There can't be any harm in downloading it right? Whether you use it or not is up to you.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Might as well try to take down Google

I don't think the govt. is behind this, I think some dumbass kid is. I would be kind of happy to see Facebook get knocked offline though. I'm sick of hearing about it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

lol I doubt they would arrest you just for downloading it, there must be thousands if not millions globally who have downloaded it

I personally would still not risk it, being the paranoid wreck that I am

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What again?

There was supposed to be an OP to do this on Nov 5th last year but it never happened. Apparently Anon said they would never do it because they use it themselves.

You tube is jam packed with vids for Ops that just never happen. Seems like anyone can make a video threat these days.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by benjamin2012

Facebook again? Whatever.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I don't think the govt. is behind this, I think some dumbass kid is. I would be kind of happy to see Facebook get knocked offline though. I'm sick of hearing about it.

Yeh I would love to see the smug smirk wiped off Zuck's face by Anon lol.. but if they attack facebook they are attacking their supporters and also their main source of publicity so I doubt very much they would do it.

If it does happen then it is definately a covert operation by the government!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Might as well try to take down Google

Agreed. Its a herd machine. So many of 'the herd' so to speak, are on facebook, are always near or using their phone for facebook. Its ingrained in life now for millions of people.

Knocking it off for a couple of days might make people question things, perhaps this 'attack' is bigger than we expect. It seems like they gained enormous support the last couple weeks, and an all out attack on the media and government seems like something they would do after pissing so many off, and continuing to try and take liberties away. Perhaps they are not as childlike as they seem, at least the core of it. The brains behind the operation. I doubt its government though,
A lot of it does seem stupid. But really. Attacking a fake system of enslavement is good in my books any day of the week. Hell, we should be out in the streets right now, every single human on this planet should be in uproar right now. But thats not really the point.

Doing it on the internet is easy. Go ahead and let them invoke their laws, computer geeks will -always- get around it. It doesn't matter. The internet will be restricted for those that don't know how to get around it, and i doubt it would be hard. You can get around china's firewall pretty easily apparently.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
I downloaded the LOIC. If I end up arrested or detained because it was a bait file put out by the Government, I will be mighty ticked off.

There can't be any harm in downloading it right? Whether you use it or not is up to you.

Downloading this program is easy. As it is a tool commonly used for security testing, the fact that one has possession of this program is not a big deal.

Should you think about using it for purposes other than hardening servers that you are authorized to work on, I would recommend serious reconsideration. Else you should have some serious skills/tools to keep your identifying information obscured.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

They would never do it because they COULDN'T do it is probably more accurate. Facebook probably wouldn't even shrug if 20k people tried at the same time.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

They would never do it because they COULDN'T do it is probably more accurate. Facebook probably wouldn't even shrug if 20k people tried at the same time.

Imagine for a second that, maybe one of the hacked sites that gets a lot of traffic, has java on the page, it would be easy to download something onto someones computer from a webpage. It happens all the time (cookies, history, temp files). And then perhaps it turns multiple thousands of computers into 'zombie' terminals. 100,000 computers alone would be enough to take down a small country.

What if they attain all of those zombie terminals from people who don't secure their computers well at all? Its called a bot-net, and it would be easy as hell if someone has the right knowledge.

Definitely more than possible.
edit on 23/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Facebook was built by hackers, Facebook hires hackers, Anon cannot touch it, plus facebook is linked closely to the gov't Mark Z. is personal friends with Obama and has ties with the CIA. No one will be able to touch Facebook, ever!

This is probably why it will be the most successful company of our generation.
edit on 23-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Sorry to tell you folks but i believe its a load of beeep i heard that they were going to take down facebook on November the 5th and that was published from a guy that claimed to be anonymous and actually he wasn't none of the sort. I think someone spreading rumors tbh.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I totally agree with you there.

Didn't Anon 'out' one of its member who was trying to set up the take down facebook op on Nov 5th last year?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

100% correct from what i heard mate.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What the # is with all the lame DDoS attacks? ffs how pathetic can these losers get?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join