It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous threatens to take down Facebook.. Propoganda from the governement?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Beware 'Vengeful Librarians !'

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Doesn't a DDOS attack cause a server freeze due to an overload of traffic? Isn't facebook already overloaded with traffic every second of every day? I'm not sure how this would work. Or am I wrong?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Who cares? I deleted my myspace account years ago. Recently took down my facebook page. Got rid of my smart phone. Gotta say, life is good.

Under the radar...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What would taking down facebook do. In the long run, the hackers that actually know what they are doing wouldn't waste their time by mildly interrupting peoples' day or days... imo. its not gunna happen

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
I downloaded the LOIC. If I end up arrested or detained because it was a bait file put out by the Government, I will be mighty ticked off.

There can't be any harm in downloading it right? Whether you use it or not is up to you.

I don't mean to sound paranoid, but doesn't this give them means? Now all they need is motive and opportunity - and those are pretty easy to manufacture.

It's similar to buying a gun. You can go right ahead and buy one, and technically there's nothing wrong with that. But if a friend or family member gets shot, who do you think the authorities will look at first?

Unless you have a reasonable explanation for how your downloading of LOIC is for research only, you've technically just provided the authorities with means.
edit on 23-1-2012 by TheStev because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I hope they do, it annoys me mightily. Intrusive, narcissistic, drivel. I am not on facebook and I am tired of seeing their logo everywhere I go, wanting me to "like" things.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

DDOS ATTACK:

Is from what i know to be is a ping sent numerous times via a program to a server. Obviously if you have say 10,000 people doing and using the same pinger program it can be an effective way to cause disruption however its not permanent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join