It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Occupiers’ Throw Bibles, Allegedly Urinate on Cross

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

I have been a OWS participant and would never think of throwing, urinating or disrespecting anyone's "Holy Book".

IMO you are spreading more hatred and trying to stir up trouble.

United we stand, divided we fall and post like yours divide people and create hatred and disharmony.

Yes there may be some sick, disturbed individuals.

Yes some people are really really getting sick of the pushing of one's religious beliefs daily down everyone's throat.

Have you considered that possibly some of these people were planted in there to discredit the movement.

I have several Bibles in my home (one is Greek / Hebrew / English) which gives many nuances to passages most Christians aren't even aware of). I also have The Gnostic Bible which are the books that the Canon removed quite early on and again in my humble opinion contain some very significant teachings that the early church intentionally left out because it conflicted with the people in power's belief system at the time.

There are whole realms of research I am willing to bet you have not researched..........but that is for another post.

And while I am spiritual, I am not of any religion, including Christian.

Instead of spreading the seeds of hatred and discord, please try to spread love and understanding.

Start here:

vimeo.com...

People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom? - Thich Nath Hanh

In seperation lies the world's great misery, in compassion lies the world's true strength - Buddha

Again I attended OWS for two weekends (48 hours) in one of the major cities, met thousands of people and not one was disrespectful, mean or violent (police were scary).

Working in a small office I saw people with a little power playing other people off against each other, it's a way to manipulate people.

Not saying this didn't happen and whoever did this is not (IMO) a nice or stable person.

But possibly we really don't know who did this disrespectful thing.

Judge each person on a individual level..............not all Muslims, Liberals, etc are "bad".

Labeling people is the easy way out so you don't have to dig deeper.

United we stand, divided we fall.

And TPTB know exactly what buttons to push to discredit a group, a movement and the populace in general.

edit on 24-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The movement isn't doing anything, It is just spreading disease and making it hard to move around in citys. It is also making people uncomfortable living in that area, you think they like waking up to see people living on the streets, or how bout the local bum? How is he able to survive? I bet the occupiers don't even help out the bums that live on the streets already. I thought this movement was good at first, but after 4-5 months already, its clear that its not doing anything and will never do anything. They all need to go back home where they have a home and food. Oh wait I bet they probably haven't been paying there rent and now are stuck living on the streets. This movement was a complete failure. You know why it fails the most though? because of fear. They won't go violent. You think the Revolutions in Egypt and Spain were peaceful? No they weren't because if they were nothing would have happened. On that note I am done. Have a good day.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

That is right, close off..................and you will not grow and bloom.

OWS is the beginning of a movement, a statement that we as a species can no longer keep doing business as usual. Not with 23-27,000 people dying of starvation while some have so much they throw out tons of food and spend tens of billions of dollars on gimmicks to lose fat.

Please consider reading just three small books, they show the problem that OWS is trying to address, the beginning of a global movement, a global awareness, that if directed properly can change this planet from a hell hole to a paradise FOR EVERYONE.

The books are all by Ervin Laszlo:

* The Systems View of the World
* The Chaos Point The World At The Crossroads
* Chaos Point 2012 And Beyond our Choices Between Global Disaster and a Sustainable Planet.

We don't have long folks, it's time to grow up or face some major consequences.

Cannot recommend the above three books highly enough, very eye opening.

Now if you You Tube Mr. Laszlo, he is, while highly intelligent and a excellent writer, a very dry, achedemic speaker. I found his books way more interesting and insightful than listening to him speak.

We can't keep going on like we are or we seriously are facing some serious repercussions.

Our current monetary, social and political systems are out dated. It is time for real change and change is always painful and uncomfortable for most folks.

A closed mind and proud heart gathers no knowledge. - Ofhumandescent.

edit on 24-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: grammar & spelling

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by JibbyJedi

So what a few individuals do reflects the entire group?

You know? That line is getting old. And short answer, yes it does.
edit on 23-1-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

The truth never gets old.

I think people's responses, that can appeal to a snail's intellect are getting old...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Lets face it. The hard core of the group are beginning to show their true colors. None of this has been about the 99%. It is a bought group of thugs by people such as Soros. In the beginning a lot of people joined thinking they were being involved in a national protest against corrupt bankers and criminal politicians. It wasn't long until the reality set in.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

It's great that people show their frustration against this perpetual system of corruption. This of course includes various religions and churches. There are no laws against what there doing except pissing off the religious fundamentalist.

I applaud the Occupy movement while you complain that they don't represent you. What have you done to show your frustration with our present situation?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

You know, i love your logic. A few idiots so something idiotic, and that allows you to generalize the entire group and have that minority (the bad one) as the example of the whole.

Yet, when someone says hey now, there's a minority of people there doing the right thing, not taking part in idiocy, but no, we can't use THEM as a generalized "watered down" representation of the whole.

A few morons urinate on the cross, and the entire movement is labeled as such.

But a few morons show up at a Tea Party rally with racist signs and chants, but that's ok, they don't represent the whole.

I'd tell you to get bent, but I'd probably have this entire, ontopic and unoffending post, removed as is the norm lately.

You can't have it both ways my friend, either you can generalize an entire group using the minority whichever one you "support" or you can't. It's a mutually exclusive deal.

And by mutually exclusive, I mean you can't have both, it's one or the other, wouldn't want any of the well thought out, completely non-partisan, posts to be based on a confusion of what I just said.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Lets see what charges we actually have here. Quotes from the article in OP.

Protesters in San Francisco occupied an abandoned hotel and began attacking police – hurling bricks and Bibles at officers.

Breaking and entering, along with assault and battery, vandalism and destruction of property.

n New York City, Occupy protesters allegedly urinated on a cross inside a Brooklyn church.

Indecency and vandalism charges

The group has also been accused of desecrating West Park Presbyterian Church. The pastor ordered 60 protesters to leave the sanctuary after someone stole a bronze lid from the $12,500 baptismal font.

Theft charges.

And these people think they represent 99%? Sorry to tell you, I represent myself. What does the church represent to these 99%'ers? I thought it was the Corporations and Government that are the problems?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by neobludragon

That is right, close off..................and you will not grow and bloom.

OWS is the beginning of a movement, a statement that we as a species can no longer keep doing business as usual. Not with 23-27,000 people dying of starvation while some have so much they throw out tons of food and spend tens of billions of dollars on gimmicks to lose fat.

Please consider reading just three small books, they show the problem that OWS is trying to address, the beginning of a global movement, a global awareness, that if directed properly can change this planet from a hell hole to a paradise FOR EVERYONE.

The books are all by Ervin Laszlo:

* The Systems View of the World
* The Chaos Point The World At The Crossroads
* Chaos Point 2012 And Beyond our Choices Between Global Disaster and a Sustainable Planet.

We don't have long folks, it's time to grow up or face some major consequences.

Cannot recommend the above three books highly enough, very eye opening.

Now if you You Tube Mr. Laszlo, he is, while highly intelligent and a excellent writer, a very dry, achedemic speaker. I found his books way more interesting and insightful than listening to him speak.

We can't keep going on like we are or we seriously are facing some serious repercussions.

Our current monetary, social and political systems are out dated. It is time for real change and change is always painful and uncomfortable for most folks.

A closed mind and proud heart gathers no knowledge. - Ofhumandescent.

edit on 24-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: grammar & spelling

A movement that is going no where any time fast. Like I said its causing more harm then good.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon
The movement isn't doing anything, It is just spreading disease and making it hard to move around in citys. It is also making people uncomfortable living in that area, you think they like waking up to see people living on the streets, or how bout the local bum? How is he able to survive? I bet the occupiers don't even help out the bums that live on the streets already. I thought this movement was good at first, but after 4-5 months already, its clear that its not doing anything and will never do anything. They all need to go back home where they have a home and food. Oh wait I bet they probably haven't been paying there rent and now are stuck living on the streets. This movement was a complete failure. You know why it fails the most though? because of fear. They won't go violent. You think the Revolutions in Egypt and Spain were peaceful? No they weren't because if they were nothing would have happened. On that note I am done. Have a good day.

"The movement isn't doing anything."

My friend it is impossible to have movement AND not be doing anything.

The revolutionary war, the French revolution, the Civil War, World War one, two, three...

All these were started by movements that appeared at first to not be doing anything. In those moments of stasis SOMETHING was happening. The movement was building steam, the infections of oppression continued to fester, and the inevitable happened.

You wish for violence from the movement? Don't you know that the violent overthrow of any regime is only a way of installing a more violent regime than the one being overthrown? Violence begets further violence and the most violent is the victor.

Is this what you really want?

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 24-1-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Be that as it may, OWS has yet to do anything positive.

There have been murders, rapes, public deification, Vandalism, violence, urinating on Bibles now, public sex, trespassing, harassment, assault and the list goes on.

Nothing positive being done by OWS.

So yes, it does speak for the whole group.

Maybe if OWS had a positive message and a positive goal, it would do positive things. Cleaning the park that you have been trashing is not positive.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Thank goodness they represent the 99%!

Whether they represent the whole or a a splinter group of idiots, they screwed up big time.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by neobludragon

"The movement isn't doing anything."

My friend it is impossible to have movement AND not be doing anything.

The revolutionary war, the French revolution, the Civil War, World War one, two, three...

All these were started by movements that appeared at first to not be doing anything. In those moments of stasis SOMETHING was happening. The movement was building steam, the infections of oppression continued to fester, and the inevitable happened.

You wish for violence from the movement? Don't you know that the violent overthrow of any regime is only a way of installing a more violent regime than the one being overthrown? Violence begets further violence and the most violent is the victor.

Is this what you really want?

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 24-1-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

So you're saying that Egypt is more violant then ever before? cause last I checked they weren't.
edit on 24-1-2012 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join