It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US tanks going to get some action in South America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Remember these?

Well apparently, they are now in Central Mexico.

What is their final destination? My guess is for an offensive/defensive against Venezuela once the war against Iran begins.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Surplus stock being delivered.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

Delivered to Mexico? Well then show me the contracts.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by alldaylong

Delivered to Mexico? Well then show me the contracts.

Think about it. If this equipment was going to war, would it be allowed to be transported across a countries sovereign territory? I don't think it would.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

BFV's are the biggest piece of crap ever manufactured by the U.S. military. If the logistics people have any sense they'd be selling them all to Mexico.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
All countries like to brag about their arms sales, whether that be the US or any other nation, how they are selling this fighter aircraft, this tank etc, its good advertisement for future sales, like the recent announcement of seliing aircraft to Saudi, the sale of this many APC's would be common knowledge, unless they were underhand sales (black) that the US government wanted being kept quiet.

two thoughts came to mind with this, first maybe it is a supply of APC's to the Mexican army to help with the continued fight against the drug cartels, although that seems somewhat unlikely as the US government makes a lot of money through drugs (well corrupt officials do) and the evidence seems more to them arming the drug cartels rather than fighting them.

The second was that they were being sent south ready for an attack on Venezuela if, or should I say when an attack on Iran happens, Venezuela is close ally of Iran, and already agreed to back iran should they be attacked, not to mention Venezuela has something that America wants, OIL. Mexico has become another puppet US state, and Nicaragua and Guatemala wont dare to stand in the US way, so they can just drive straight through.

The only thing that stops me being totally convinced this is nefarious is because it is being done to openly, it would not be that much of an issue to cover these with tarpaulin and hide them, if it was for war, they wouldn't be so open about it, and they would already need a large base south of Mexico where they could assemble these APC's back to full functionality (have their barrels replaced etc.)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

i see no actual evidence that they are in mexico , also the darien gap would be an obstacle

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

i see no actual evidence that they are in mexico , also the darien gap would be an obstacle

Well it's in the description they are in Mexico. Might be real or fake.

As for the Darien Gap, thank you for that, I didn't know about it.

Maybe when they are in Panama, they'll just put the APC on boats and cross them over to Columbia... which borders Venezuela.

Anyway, we'll have to see what happens in the coming months.

And yeah it might just be given to Mexico against the cartels.

BUT... I go back to the FACTS...
According to the DSCA, no APC contract are being sold to South America or Central America.

So this is not a selling of anything. This is still US property. Under US control. And it's going South.

We'll know for what in the coming months.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

What is their final destination? My guess is for an offensive/defensive against Venezuela once the war against Iran begins.

Seriously?
Another example of the conspiracy madness getting out of hand! Mexican/US military exercise or ask the question is the second video really from Mexico?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Mexican/US military exercise or ask the question is the second video really from Mexico?

No exercise have been announced... AND I've said that the video could be NOT from Mexico...

And it is ATS after all. I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, I'm saying it MIGHT be.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Since when Mexico is in South America?

top topics

join