It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of the Ron Paul Bandwagon???

page: 31
<< 28  29  30   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Actually, Ron Paul is exactly right.
Economic warfare is being declared on Iran. Also, agents infiltrate Iran and kill scientists. We have been screwing with Iran for decades. If it happened to the U.S., what do you think WE would do?
As for "our" economic interests, are you a stockholder in one of the few international corporations that benefit from our foreign policy? Or, are you one of those that thinks Iran is itching to invade the U.S., or sneak up and nuke us?
It is so easy to scare Americans it seems.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

We began sanctions on Iran in 1979 after they assaulted the U.S. Embassy and took American hostages. ( a true act of war).

And WHY did they do this?? They did not wake up one day and say, Oh lets take some hostages for no reason at all. They had a reason, can you tell us what that reason was?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Rick Santorum thinks pregnancy through rape is God's gift? Seriously?

You really want this idiot running your country?

A baby isnt a gift from god. Its a natural process of an egg being fertilised by a sperm. God has nothing to do with it.
If a woman was raped. its her right to terminate. No one elses. The goverment or god has zero say.

Shurly they should try and fix the main problem instead of trying to controll the outcome. Punishing someone else becuause of an underlying problem in socioty is not fair, not right and its not the role of goverment.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

OK smart guy. The claim was anger overf the US decision to allow the Shaw to be treated in a US hospital. The poor little warriors of Imam wanted the Shaw back and we would not turn him over. I remember it quite well. Under the new mullah regime Iran was after the "Great Satan" and the new "enemy of Islam" They never looked back and hoards of Persians sought to flea the country for good in the years after 1979 to avoid the clampdown of the Ayatollah.

Do you want to discuss 1953 also. Sour grapes and a memory that never fades and a radical regime that never forgives or moves on. We missed the boat in 2009 to help the good people of Iran when the little dwarf was fraudulently reelected..

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

No America was not dragged in kicking and screaming, our allies wanted us in the war. The government wanted in the war. Heck the people of America wanted in the war too. It is a historically accepted fact that America poked the bear and got attacked. Your right America would not have entered the war without the bombing, there would have been no true justification. However America blockaded Japan and didn't allow oil shipments and rubber shipments. Japan had no other choice than to attack Americans. American oil embargo causes Japan to attack;. It really isn't hard to understand that, the Japanese asked first to sit down and talk about the situation. The Japanese feared us the entire time, why would they attack us without prior provocation. The only reason why they didn't surrender earlier in the war was due to "bushido." That however is a debate for a different day. History will tell you even when America is in its isolation stage, it really isn't. The Tampico incident in Mexico, the U.S.S. Dolphin incident in Mexico also.

Roosevelt may have secretly wanted it, but the American people didn’t. Regardless, US didn’t enter the war until late in the game because isolationism was the attitude of the country.

America likes to poke the bear and then practice massive retaliation when they get attacked. I'll admit that the Japanese weren't the best belligerents and did terrible things to the Chinese. However they were scared to attack us but had to because we wouldn't end the blockade.

So following your logic, Iran is “poking the bear.” I think Iraq and Afghanistan poked the bear (UN Security Council breeches by Saddam and 9/11-Bin Laden by Afghanistan). So the US was/is justified in taking action, right, based on your logic?

On the side of Iran, The Ayatollah hasn't acted upon his speeches has he? A speech from 2006 and yet no invasion of Israel, or any other country for that matter. If he wanted to he could get biological or gaseous weapons to use in war. They don't possess those to my knowledge, or have made any real gains to attain those even after his speech.

They have made enough progress to warrant attention…have they not? Naval advances in submarine technology with threats to patrol the US coastline, uranium enrichment progress (for weapons), missile progress (for aggression), poking around in south America (to launch terrorist attacks against US), fighting proxy wars against US in Iraq and Afghanistan, proxy wars against our ally Israel, bombing our embassy in Beirut, kidnapping Americans, killing journalists and other civilians, etc, etc…

You just don’t want to see what’s going on. You likely WANT to see American casualties.

Our Allies don't need our money, I'm sorry but they don't require our foreign aid at the moment. Why does Germany require the foreign aid? Why does Japan require the foreign aid? Military foreign aid is pointless thing because the countries we give the money to don't require it. What has our foreign military aid got us, well the major rise of Al Quadea in Afghanistan. The rise of Iraq into a dictatorship that invaded Kuwait and Iran. By giving money to Iraq it drew into wars against Iraq later on. Foreign military doesn't work.
In conclusion, preemptive attacks don't work.

I didn’t advocate foreign aid. Bases overseas do not equal foreign aid, bud.
edit on 25-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I would be cool with Ron being president but i have a feeling Obama is going to win again. Then again I don't see a president solving our problems anyways, so who cares who is president. lol

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Whats your point? I can say that because we landed on the moon in the 60s is the reason it hasn't flown off into outer space. You can pretend to know because we've had military bases around the world is the reason there hasn't been a world war, but in reality you have no way to prove that claim. Its actually kind of absurd once you dig past the extremely thin top layer.

There certainly has been war. In many places. From China to India to Korea to Vietnam to the Middle east. Hell even Africa and Israel have been at war since WWII! "World war" is relative and every "world war" has most basically been confined to europe where the post feudalism era caused huge gaps in power leading to these different power grabs by different oligarchies and what not which created boundary issues and all sorts of problems...

In my opinion, the reason another world war has not occured was because of the borders that were redefined and the cooperative effort of the nations to prevent it after. The UN was formed and there was just no will to fight for such political causes or land or anything. Not even the soviets really wanted to get into it. How long before they pulled out of Afhganistan? People get sick and tired of fighting for some political rhetoric. Especially considering the two large wars that just took place. There just had been no will by any major player...
Not because of the American bases. Afterall how many americans did actually come home after ww2? Ten million? The bases that were left opened hardly could stop some monolithic power like the soviets if they so desired to proceed.

I can guarantee you this. Im 27. My son is 4. OVER MY DEAD BODY will I allow him to be drafted or go off to some middle east nation or wherever to fight some ideological politically spun, oil grabbing profiteering war for these or any politician. Id say Im not alone in that sentiment.

Ask those families that lost their sons and daughters in Iraq and afhganistan. For what? The idea is sickening and utterly fails.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Wow...keep going with this nuclear Iran crap and I'll actually have to dig up the DoD intelligence document....

You know...the one that says Iran is only worried about DEFENSE and is AT LEAST 5 years away from being nuclear & that is assuming Iran is receiving foreign technological aid. Even at that, they haven't THREATENED anybody. Sure, bring up the Israel quote about being wiped off the map, I DARE you to be that ignorant.

Iran has no ICBMs...quit fear mongering like they can actually do anything. If they really attempted to shoot an actual weapon outside of their borders, it would be shot down before it left their airspace. If they were dumb enough to launch a nuclear payload, it would result in a glass desert.

The power of propaganda....

edit on 26-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

What’s funny is the argument Ahmadinejad makes (why don't you check America!!) is the same argument many of you Iran lovers make!!

They’re working on it. I don’t know how many weeks, months, years away they are but it needs to stop. Better now than later, because if its insignificant now then we should be able to peacefully end it now. The longer this drags out only makes it worse for Iran.

edit on 26-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by eLPresidente

Wow, nice video. The CFR are not a credible source.

Clinton pretty much says they make the choices.

We get a lot of advice from the Council, so this will mean I won’t have as far to go to be told what we should be doing and how we should think about the future

And towards the end of that video she is saying America is the right way to go. Everyone else is wrong.

Now some see the rise of other nations and our economic troubles here at home as signs that American power has waned. Others simply don't trust us to lead. They view America as an unaccountable power, too quick to impose its will at the expense of their interests and our principles. But they are wrong. The question is not whether our nation can or should lead, but how it will lead in the 21st century.

Plus that Man in the video. Matthew Kroenig, apart from the smirk on his face. said this.

Imagining a world in which America possesses infinite nuclear weapons—just as advocates of nuclear zero imagine the opposite—it's hard not to conclude that having infinite weapons is preferable to having none.

Pro Nuke nutcase thinks he has the answers....

Of course he is going to fabricate truth from a document saying they MIGHT be making a bomb. He loves nukes, but only if they are American

Why, if Iran is building a nuke, do you think they would want to?
Protection if anything from the iron fist of Americas great and just might!!!

You cannot be anti nuke but only towards one country. use your energy to gain movement in the US dismantle program. Russia have just buried a large amount as part of theirs.

Oh and look who is the Honorary Chairman of the CFR.... that lovely man David Rockefeller...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeated it.

I posted earlier about DoD intelligence document declaring Iran's intentions to defend their country yet you ignored it. Last time I checked, a sovereign nation can DEFEND itself. You want to prove otherwise? Fox news won't be able to help you there.

I also mentioned the Iran war propaganda's connection and eerie similarities to Libya and Iraq, this is undeniable unless you straight up ignore it like you have been doing.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Actually the bases would in a way count as foreign aid. As the bases create mini economies in the cities or areas they are stationed at. So instead of the money coming back to America the money stays in the country where the base is. As explained by a former navy buddy.

Iraq never had weapons of mass destruction, our entire reason for entering the country. That was our justification of the invasion was that the Iraqis possessed weapons of mass destruction. They didn't thus we quickly changed the reason to freedom for the Iraqi's. Which I must say has worked great with the increase in terrorists activity in the region because of our occupation.

I would rather not see anyone killed, but I'm not going to live in fear because of supposed weapons the Iranians have. If people die because of the Iranians then yes I would support a war. However at this point in time we have no true justification of an invasion. I really can't understand why you don't see that. Iran has not attacked anyone, therefore they are not an enemy. If they attack then they are an enemy, you can't make that accusation before an attack occurs.

I was mistaken on your what time in point you that you were talking about in conjunction with the people not wanting in the war. I thought you meant after the attack, so yes I was wrong on that point.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

On a side note, Bin Laden was never actually connected the 9/11 attacks. That information is straight from the FBI, on the wanted list the FBI never said he was wanted for the attacks on 9/11. So again the justification was hazy. However Al Queda was wanted in connections so the justification against them was real.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mrgregbusybee

That is exactly my point, the cavemen were beating different tribes over the head with clubs and nothing has changed, surely as so called "intelligent beings" we should be capable of insisting our leaders organize a joint military consisting of all countries, based on their population and financial ability regarding participation to stomp out any threat to mankind, this group should be based in a central country with rapid deployment to any location on the planet.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by storkyla
Rick Santorum thinks pregnancy through rape is God's gift? Seriously?

You really want this idiot running your country?

A baby isnt a gift from god. Its a natural process of an egg being fertilised by a sperm. God has nothing to do with it.
If a woman was raped. its her right to terminate. No one elses. The goverment or god has zero say.

problem is most of the rabid Paulites feel exactly the same way, and without government oversight, we would h ave to resort to back alley terminations in some of the more "puritan" states under RP... I am not overly pro abortion but I can tell you, as have stated before, Its MY choice, not a state, not a fed, mine all mine, and I did choose it once when I was 13........... i never regretted it after the horrid almost life ending beating I took.. So put that in your pipe and smoke it all those Paul people that keep day after day coming to my door...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mrgregbusybee

Never, and isn't that a shame here we are the human race and we can't get it together, the cavemen started it with their clube and we have just progressed to better ways to kill each other, how about we spend our global military budget on peace,I am pretty sure something is just around the corner that will snap us out of it, and it will be really awesome.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Ron Paul believes that marriage is no place for government to place its nose, mrgreg. Paul himself may be a christian, but he has stated time, and time, and time again that social issues are not something that government should be involved in.

In fact, numerous statements in your OP are flat-out incorrect. Ron Paul doesn't believe that America deserved 9/11, he believes instead that it was a very easily predicted consequence of our military interventionism across the globe. This is often times called blow-back.

Now please, take your dishonest business elsewhere.

top topics

<< 28  29  30   >>

join