It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Exit Poll 47% Never Attended College, Only 40% Did

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Epic fail on your title. Do you write for CNN? It sounds like their type of spin. Your current title is an outright lie, I challenge you to change it to reflect the "truth", or at least to accurately portray what the article purports to be truth. Apparently, according to CNN, 47% did not attend college. A far cry from what you wrote.

sorry but "no education" means no college education...not the OPs fault you're an ignoramus who didn't know that. Who the heck cares about high school education?
No, it Does Not mean that. He could have said "no college education", "higher education", or that 47% of Newt's supporters only hold a HS diploma or something like that. "No education" means "uneducated".

Noun 1. uneducated person - an ignorant personuneducated person - an ignorant person
ignoramus, know nothing
unskilled person - a person who lacks technical training
aliterate, aliterate person - a person who can read but is disinclined to derive information from literary sources
illiterate, illiterate person, nonreader - a person unable to read

educated - possessing an education (especially having more than average knowledge)

A college degree is not necessary for "knowledge"

ed·u·cate (j-kt)
v. ed·u·cat·ed, ed·u·cat·ing, ed·u·cates
v.tr.
1. To develop the innate capacities of, especially by schooling or instruction. See Synonyms at teach.
2. To provide with knowledge or training in a particular area or for a particular purpose: decided to educate herself in foreign languages; entered a seminary to be educated for the priesthood.
a. To provide with information; inform: a campaign that educated the public about the dangers of smoking.
b. To bring to an understanding or acceptance: hoped to educate the voters to the need for increased spending on public schools.
4. To stimulate or develop the mental or moral growth of.
5. To develop or refine (one's taste or appreciation, for example).
v.intr.
To teach or instruct a person or group.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Wow! No education at all. Never went to school a day in their life. That is amazing and they could actually read and write. Can you say BS? Like the post pervious to me "your spin" is crap along with the statement you are trying to convey.

Just to let you know that according US Census about 63% of American's go to college directly from high school. But the number of Americans that actually receive a bachelor degree or higher is around 45%. It varies from state to state. Colorado has the highest percentage of college graduates at about 52% with South Carolina around 42% have a college degree or higher. What this tells me is Obama has more uneducated morons voting from him than republicans. In the 2008 election 43% of the voters had a High School Diploma or less. 57% of the voters have a college degree. So if you really want to spin the numbers it appears that the Republicans are getting all but 6% of college graduates.

6% of the voter had a collect degree that vote for Obama
47% of the voters that had college degrees voted republican
43% of the voters with a High School Diploma or less voted for Obama.

Wow so the least educated Americans are Democrats.

I guess all the crap I see on this site about republicans, and fox new viewer are not as smart as democrats is a big fabricated story. Or it might be that the person writing the article was a Democrat and only had a High School Diploma at best. If that is the case I understand. They were dis-enfranchised and a special program should be created to help Democratic voters receive an extra special Doctorate Degree in stupidity so that they too can be counted as college educated. Or better yet if you are a Democrat you can just make up anything you want and feed it to us as the truth and if we challenge it our vote does not count.

edit on 22-1-2012 by rgzing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

why'd you change the title? You were right, and your title wasn't misleading, they were wrong....

Just like you're right about Ron Paul, and they are wrong about him...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

why'd you change the title? You were right, and your title wasn't misleading, they were wrong....

Just like you're right about Ron Paul, and they are wrong about him...

And just what ATS turned into? i miss the good old days of ATS
and as for my title overreactiong NEWT FANS i am right didn't you read the POLL? FROM THE link i posted?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

You're talking about the denotation...
the connotation means no college education.

lol, and I bet you felt so smart after copying and pasting all of that.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

why'd you change the title? You were right, and your title wasn't misleading, they were wrong.... Just like you're right about Ron Paul, and they are wrong about him...

i miss the good old days of ATS
and as for my title overreacting NEWT FANS i am right didn't you read the POLL? FROM THE link i posted?

Just read the poll before attacking me.

edit on 22-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Can't tell you how many times I've heard "we need a 21st century Ronald Reagan", and I bet that's exactly what most of them see.
Having a new Reagan would be better then what we have now. Ronnie was a great president for the day. However Reagan's time has passed. Now we need another Jackson, another Jefferson, we need a down to earth person who will actually defend the Constitution, not use it for toilet paper. Ron Paul or bust.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here you go from the same link i posted.

Vote by Education
Never Attended College
(18%) 47% Gingrich

Only 40% have completed some college but the overwhelming majority who voted haven't.

And for the people who attacked me verbally and claimed i am a CNN writer, which i am not, why dont you read the poll then on your own?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I am talking about simple English definition of terms. No = Zero. No education would equal Zero education. The statement was false. 47% lack a college degree would have been "factual" at least according to CNN. Consider the source.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Maybe you should learn about idioms...

idiom-A group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words (e.g., raining cats and dogs).

Just man up and admit you were wrong.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
almost all the ron paul trolls in one thread. nothing to see here folks. just trolls trolling. couple other ron paul trolls and you can change the title to this thread to "ron paul trolls unite!!!"

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rgzing

Did you even read the exit poll? yeah i doubt you did 47% never attended college only a slight percent of 40% did.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stryc9nine
almost all the ron paul trolls in one thread. nothing to see here folks. just trolls trolling. couple other ron paul trolls and you can change the title to this thread to "ron paul trolls unite!!!"

Yes and Cynicaley is also anti ron paul look at his avatar it speaks for itself.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

Originally posted by Carseller4
Some of the smartest people I know never went to college. Some college graduates I know are dumb as a box of rocks.

Not a factor.

Ron Paul is a joke and the voters took note of that.

When Ron Paul supporters actually have to go offline, and into the real world to vote, they fail miserably.

This sums it up. He has no chance in hell.

Another Anti Ron Paul troll you sure have an agenda you know what? that wont work here.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Connotation is the figurative cultural assumptions that the image implies or suggests. It involves emotional overtones, subjective interpretation, socio-cultural values, and ideological assumptions.
Why would you adopt this method of interpretation for such a simple sentence? There was no context in the title, or his own writing to support anything other than the denotative interpretation? Deny ignorance. Let your words communicate the information you wish to convey. Relying on subjective interpretation(the very essence of connotative definition) leads to false conclusions without direct, relevant context. The context we had was "
"
leading to the belief that the OP was denigrating the South Carolinian voters by saying they had no training, knowledge, or even intelligence with which to make a better choice. This is untrue.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

assumptions. Why would you adopt this method of interpretation for such a simple sentence? There was no context in the title, or his own writing to support anything other than the denotative interpretation? Deny ignorance. Let your words communicate the information you wish to convey. Relying on subjective interpretation(the very essence of connotative definition) leads to false conclusions without direct, relevant context. The context we had was "" leading to the belief that the OP was denigrating the South Carolinian voters by saying they had no training, knowledge, or even intelligence with which to make a better choice. This is untrue.

Your the one whose Denying ignorance did you even read the link? nah you wasted like some of the other posters in here to insult and force me to change to title because in your mind its wrong? really its wrong? oh my no its not wrong at all.

Really Untrue? i dont think so, if its so Untrue why dont you prove it then, people in SC voted in for there choice and they want more wars, they cheered for the booing at the golden rule.

that really says alot.

South Carolinian voters by saying they had no training, knowledge, or even intelligence with which to make a better choice. This is untrue.
Did you even read the link i posted?
47% Never Attended College

And your saying that's untrue?

My goodness the anti ron paul posters are in full force today.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Maybe you should learn about idioms...

idiom-A group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words (e.g., raining cats and dogs).

Just man up and admit you were wrong.
"Not Educated" is not an idiom. At best, he could have been using hyperbole though it was not apparent from the context of his post. There are approximately 25,000 idioms in the English language. "Not Educated" is not one of them.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

If you had half a brain, you'd realize that the denotation option doesn't make sense(47% of voters didn't go to high school or elementary school, that's highly unlikely)...leaving only the connotation option.

No, instead of using just a mediocre amount of logic, you'd rather derail a perfectly good thread.

And don't say you had no context, you had a whole thread, and links, as context. Get lost.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Did you even read the link i posted?
47% Never Attended College

And your saying that's untrue?

My goodness the anti ron paul posters are in full force today.
Did you read my response to the OP at all?

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Epic fail on your title. Do you write for CNN? It sounds like their type of spin. Your current title is an outright lie, I challenge you to change it to reflect the "truth", or at least to accurately portray what the article purports to be truth. Apparently, according to CNN, 47% did not attend college. A far cry from what you wrote.

EDIT: Thank you for changing your title. Perhaps we can now have a real discussion about how Newt got so many votes in SC and what it means for the remaining primaries.
edit on 22-1-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

I pointed out that 47% did not attend college. This does not mean they are "uneducated".

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I pointed out that 47% did not attend college. This does not mean they are "uneducated".

So if i never Attended College does that make me uneducated? in a way it will in a way.
That also explains why the voters voted for Newt and because if you look at the in the statistics the debates played a important factor on deciding person.

So i guess when Newt Said Kill them All, they flocked to vote for him, oh and i would imagine they didn't care when the Golden Rule was booed too.

Well that tells me alot about the voters who claim they are supposed to be Christians.
Oh and you know what bible says about our enemies Anti Ron Paul posters?

Luke 6.27
"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Luke 6:35
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

I am ashamed at South Carolina
So this is how liberty dies with thunderous applause.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join