It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins South Carolina!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

1) What are Paul's flaws, if any?

He's old?

2) If Paul doesn't win the nomination, what will his supporters do? (In general)

In general his main base of support will write him in. The hardcore Paul supporters don't number a drastic amount though, maybe 1% of the voters. Personally I'll probably vote Libertarian, depending on the candidate. If not I'll write in for Paul.

3) Does any candidate have the ability to work with Congress?

Of all the candidates.. probably Newt would have the best relationship with Congress.. I don't think that's a good thing personally.. I like to see the system tangled and snarled to a halt.

4) Which candidates can win debates against Obama?

Paul would have Obama smiling and stuttering as he tries to comprehend the intellectual responses Paul gives. He'd leave Obama looking like the uninformed tool that he is, unable to command a strong debate without pre-scripted responses or teleprompters to guide him.

Newt would probably give him a run for his money..

Santorum would be an embarrassment to himself.

Watching Obama and Mitt would be interesting. They could have a one hour debate never once ask or refute a question, never answer a question, all the while make it look like they are actually debating.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I'll give a brief summary of how I see things.

Ron Paul, many people think of him as being a fringe candidate. Seeing posts on ATS about him would probably support that in their opinion but regardless I think this site may help pick up information. You can't get the straight truth without doing some research online in my opinion (imo).

Anyway what I like about Ron Paul.

1. Has a long steady ethical history going all the way back to Ronald Reagan and possibly earlier. Used to be a doctor and a veteran and likes to make funny jokes like in a recent debate where the other candidates had prolonged discussions about health care and finally got to Ron Paul at the end for a brief minute for him. He said that he thought they had some prejudice against a doctor speaking about the health care issue before he got into the brief meat of what he had to say but he had less than a minute to speak.

2. He is the only candidate that seems to understand how serious the situation is that the US finds itself in and wants to do something about it. All the other candidates including Obama act like we'll keep doing the same thing and hope things get better with a few tweaks here and there. The situation being that this country is essentially bankrupt. We can't pay all of our bills. To do so would require an immediate 40% cut in all spending which would devastate those relying on medicare, social security, the military and all government services and our national defense.

3. Instead of the Obama approach to get out of this situation by inflating the money supply to sky high levels and make our currency be worth only a fraction of what it used to be sending gas prices sky high, inflation sky high and our life savings value be wiped out and robbed from every American who has actually worked hard and saved most of their lives, Ron Paul wants to cut a lot of government spending and make our money worth something. He wants to cut 5 departments. None of the other candidates are even giving much lip service to the idea except Perry who couldn't even remember the third department he was trying to copy from Ron Paul to cut out as well and then he forgot what the third one was and said Ooops during a national debate. Ron Paul estimates 1 trillion dollars in savings a year. I would like to hear why we need these departments. This has not been discussed to my knowledge.

4. Foreign policy. I keep hearing from others that Ron Paul has no foreign policy. He does. It is just not conventional as many see it. He said we fought WWII over 50 years ago and says we should end our military bases in those countries we beat that long ago. All that foreign money spent in friendly countries is not necessary in his opinion. This country is bankrupt and cutting out all unnecessary spending is important. Ron Paul has clearly stated this. I believe everyone else knows this but isn't saying much about it because they know it will be necessary and not too many like to hear about how the government will be cutting support for this program or that if one of those programs affects themselves. Ron Paul says it like it is even if most don't realize major cutbacks will be forced upon us if we don't enact them first.

5. Off the wall remarks, he is for freedom and liberty. However the media has portrayed for so long that we the people need extra security to make us safe and more laws and regulations to protect us that someone that says something as radical as legalize pot and not spend the money enforcing those laws and do not spend the money keeping those peaceful lawbreakers locked up sounds radical and crazy.

Things I do not like:
He is viewed as a radical and many like the idea of him cutting government spending but think he will never get that passed through congress. They believe his more radical ideas will get passed. I also heard he wants to cut out student loans and didn't read or hear the reasoning. Maybe his reasoning is that if the economy is healthy, young people will be able to have a job to pay for college rather than require lifetime loans. There may be valid reasoning online but I haven't taken the time to look for it.

Some people are loyal to Israel and saying Ron Paul would cut off all foreign military aid and withdraw all troops from overseas sounds too radical. They want the US to stay overseas taking the fight to those who supposedly lauched 911. Stating that the US agenda is similar to Hitlers in taking away freedoms in the US from the people and staging a terror attack like 911 to get the major support to start the process is something Americans are not on guard for. They just want to forget about it all and hope nothing bad happens again. If someone is working on this agenda, they are succeeding and the President of the US is just going along for the show. Out of space.
edit on 22/1/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
was going to say Ron Paul would probably not agree so then you have people arguing he will never become president because the powers that be won't allow it.

Then there are some people speculating that Ron Paul himself knows he won't get elected but is trying to get enough attention, votes and delegates to influence the platform of the Republican party to actually get some positive changes enacted in this country. I didn't think Ron Paul was going to win in SC but I voted for him anyway because that's what I thought he is trying to do. It would be a miracle in my opinion the way our elections are rigged to have someone with much less resources than the major candidates get elected. I say rigged because most Americans don't take the time to research the candidates and just go with their feelings and watch the debates and tv commercials whether true or not. This in turn leads to those with the most money getting on all the ballots and getting the most tv commercials and likely becoming the winner unless they suck at debates or have some major dirt others can dig up whether true or not.

Of course if there is major resentment at the person in power (Obama) because of a poor economy, that person will probably not win if unemployment levels stay high. If it's not that bad, then the person in power usually stays in power. People vote with their wallet in mind.
edit on 22/1/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the only candidate left that LOST every single election so far.
Santorum won one
Mitt won one
Newt won one
Paul lost every single one, he's so special.

Expect his perfect record losing streak to continue in Florida, you know where all Paul supporters say the dumb old people live. hahaha insult them all you want but their vote counts and they been casting it a lot longer than the sheeple cult worshippers of Ron Paul.
edit on 23-1-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Wow really? You proud of yourself talking that way?

Man I wish I could say what I was thinking right now.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I saw this while on reddit, voting fraud? a little unsettling if i may say.

Wilson says an analysis found 953 ballots cast by voters were people who are listed as dead.

www.wtoc.com... rolinas-attorney-general-detects-voter-fraud-for-primaries

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
RONPAUL - the only candidate that believes in freedom - it's very powerful.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
South Carolina is a very backwards place that has yet to evolve yet to modern day.

edit on 22-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

LOL!! let me guess, you went to grammar school there?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

Then the deep south is part of the problem and that alone makes them seem uneducated. Who, Newt? Romney? Are you f*#kin kidding me withj these people? But its not just them. I'm from New York, people still talk well of George Bush of all people. America is detatched from reality and gravity of our situation. They just don't get it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join