It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins South Carolina!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Not. Actually, he came in last, unless you count Herman Cain, who got 1% of the vote while not running.

Gingrich: 40%
Romney: 28%
Santorum: 17%
Paul: 13%
Cain: 1%

What's the message here? When people actually get to vote, Paul loses. Now we will see Paul concentrate on "caucus" states where Paulistas can overwhelm the system. Having been to a caucus where the Paulistas showed up in force, I can see where Paul has an advantage there. His troops are well organized and hyped.

Of course, there are those who will say he "wuz robbed."

A curious silence on Ron Paul here today.

13%. Like wow.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
South Carolina is a very backwards place that has yet to evolve yet to modern day. A people who are not very bright. Average IQ is very very low. That of a rock in most cases.

So its no surprise to see these results from them. Are women even allowed to vote there yet?? Anyone graduate high-school there yet?

Very un-evolved, unintelligent, and backwards state so what can you expect really?

edit on 22-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
just because of the fact that gingrich got 40% tells me that either the voting was rigged or people from south Carolina have the total IQ of a duck.

sadly its probably the latter

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well im from the UK and a Ron Paul supporter because I think his polices would make the entire world a better place not just the US.

Unfortunately Im started to loose faith in him actually winning as the caucuses progress.

On BBC news the only candidates been talked about are Gingrich and Romney.

Iv not heard Ron Paul mentioned on the media over this side of the pond once.

Bless Dr Paul he is the best politician there is, if I was American I would proudly vote for him!

link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
...or people from south Carolina have the total IQ of a duck.

sadly its probably the latter

BINGO!!!!

BULLS-EYE!!!!!

link   
I don't believe he was robbed. Most people are unaware of the totality of things and in some instances living in a complete different reality ( such as the reality foxnews expresses) . Such people are easily swayed into voting for whoever the swayer wants them to vote for. I like ron paul, but even if he wins he's just the president. Political reform will only be superficial, the problem is within the individual.

+2 more 
link   
If you look at the demographics, it was a majority 45-65 old fart convention. Paul doesn't do well with old people. Stubborn old people who vote for war and lies. And their children and grandchildren will pay the price. Way to go SC.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Tell us OP, who do you want for President and why? Inform the rest of us who are stupid enough to believe in something like freedom for the individual.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I Love Ron Paul as much as the next guy, and I want him to win the Presidency, and I will be voting for him in Florida next week, but...........

We really have to get off the "he was robbed" bandwagon, or "voter fraud" band wagon. These results are all legitimate, and all about what was to be expected. Paul was never expected to win SC. I thought he had a chance at it, but Newt really surged in the two debates, and he earned the victory. Paul bombed the first debate, but he did OK in the second debate.

Paul is not campaigning much in Florida, and although I think it was a mistake, and I think he had a shot here, I'm now guessing that it will be Newt, then Romney, then Paul in Florida. Santorum won't do well here, he doesn't have the budget for it.

Paul is quietly amassing delegates, and campaign finance, and as the Huntsmans and Santorums drop away, Paul is becoming more and more legit. As Romney gets more chances to talk, his support will wane. Newt is also unstable, and the more he talks, the more chance there is at a major gaffe. This is marathon, not a sprint.

Honestly, Paul only has a slim chance at the nomination, but Romney and Newt will have plenty of chances to blow their own numbers. AND, even the MSM is beginning to recognize that a Romney ticket is likely a loser against Obama in November.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Newt won because he is from the south and it was a southern state that is all. Nothing to do with his campaign or anything he just lucked out because it was basically home base for him. Lot's of old people that sit around and don't follow the race as a whole. They see Newt who is from Georgia and hop right on the wagon.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The only reason he is not campaigning Florida a great deal is it is a closed primary and a winner take all state. It doesn't make sense for him to waste money and effort there. He knows he isn't likely to win and he won't get any delegates at all even with a strong showing. A perfectly logical and reasonable decision for him to make.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Yup that's the plan and good luck to RP. I'm curious to see how it all pans out for him and hope more people turn out to vote in the future. By the numbers I saw on Politico it looks like less than a million people turned out to vote in SC and SC's 2010 census says there's over 3 million 18+ who could have voted, give or take a few illegal aliens and felons

Other than that, its almost sounds like you're looking to troll RP fans with this thread of yours. Tisk tisk
edit on 22-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Not. Actually, he came in last, unless you count Herman Cain, who got 1% of the vote while not running.

Gingrich: 40%
Romney: 28%
Santorum: 17%
Paul: 13%
Cain: 1%

What's the message here? When people actually get to vote, Paul loses. Now we will see Paul concentrate on "caucus" states where Paulistas can overwhelm the system. Having been to a caucus where the Paulistas showed up in force, I can see where Paul has an advantage there. His troops are well organized and hyped.

Of course, there are those who will say he "wuz robbed."

A curious silence on Ron Paul here today.

13%. Like wow.

Considering how he didn't really campaign in South Carolina and still pulled in 13%, I don't see an issue here. He had a third place victory and a second place victory in the two states he actually bothered to try in.

Honestly, I'd rather wait and see, considering it's only Paul and Romney in quite a few states with a good chunk of the delegates at stake. Assuming Romney implodes, as seems to be the common consensus around here, Paul will be ahead almost by default.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Actually, the average IQ is normal. The single biggest problem is the culture. It's a state where the economy and the culture are still stuck in the 1960s and 70s for the most part.

Average tuition rates in SC were twice what they are in Georgia, Tennessee, or North Carolina the last time I checked. Poverty is rampant, and the educational system is something that these people just don't seem to believe in funding.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I suppose we all ought to forget that he quadrupled his showing from 2008. So what if he lost SC. The point is, that he is doing much better then anyone expected him to do. And not only that but this race is wide open for anyone still. I personally believe that the bigger picture of his candidacy is injecting real issues into the politics of this country. If you can't even realize this, then I am sorry for you. Just wait and see. Ron Paul will change the face of politics in this country for years to come.... if the country makes it that long. Regardless if he "wins" the nomination or not, he has won in many other ways. Like Dr. Paul said, "This race is a marathon, not a sprint" Just wait and see. Americans are waking up to the corruption, the lies, and the false left right paradigm. That in and of itself is victory.

This country is sick. When people boo when Ron Paul advocates the Golden Rule, that is sick. Whatever happens, the Creator is going to judge this country someday. And when the creator does judge us, it will show us just how sick we have been. If we keep voting for the person who will steal from the poor to give to the rich, or when we vote for whoever will go and Bomb the Iranians first, to kill innocent people, we are in trouble, Morally this country is dead.

You people who want Gingrich, or Santourm, or Romney all want the same thing. More War, More Killing of innocent people, and not only that, you are morally corrupt. Ron Paul is not perfect, he is a man just like the rest of us. I believe he is the best choice we have. Continue to poke fun at him and his supporters to your own peril. The Republic is on life support.

Peace is the answer, "Free trade with all, Entangling alliances with none" The world is watching us, lets not disappoint them.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
... and this kind of rhetoric is the reason people don't really get to know what Ron Paul is really about. Well, that and blog hacking. You spend your time debasing any person or group that doesn't 'feel' for RP the way you do instead of educating them. I want the opportunity to vote for Ron Paul. The two main points of contention I encounter in discussions about Ron Paul are his foreign policy and his "wacko rabid" supporters. Thanks for that, like it isn't difficult enough to enter into a dialog with non RP supporters. I can defend RP's policies, but not the hypocritically closed minded bigoted behavior demonstrated by people with a gang mentality.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
South Carolina is a very backwards place that has yet to evolve yet to modern day. A people who are not very bright. Average IQ is very very low. That of a rock in most cases.

So its no surprise to see these results from them. Are women even allowed to vote there yet?? Anyone graduate high-school there yet?

Very un-evolved, unintelligent, and backwards state so what can you expect really?

edit on 22-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Wow. I'd say someone has never visited South Carolina in their life. Just because Ron Paul does terribly in an overwhelmingly conservative state, does not make them, "unevolved". What kind of talk is that anyway?

Whether it's sarcasm or a true mentality on your part, it is ignorant and humorless.

I love Ron Paul as much as the next guy, but in all honesty, he will not do well in the deep south.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

SC is populated by a high percentage of "evangelical" Conservatives .. you know .. Neocons. They voted for Gingrich for crying out loud.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
[Other than that, its almost sounds like you're looking to troll RP fans with this thread of yours. Tisk tisk

BINGO.

But anyways, Ron Paul didn't expect to do will in SC and didn't spend time there, as others have said.
Wait until the Nevada Caucus. I expect you will see a substantial swing for RP.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The people in South Carolina are not idiots. Do you really think Ron Paul is going to win a national election with everything so set against him? Even Mr Trump said he would run as an independent if Ron Paul managed to get the nomination just because the rich and powerful do not want Ron Paul in command. He will be fought tooth and nail in my opinion. Which is why I supported him anyway. I failed to convince one of my much older relatives who believes everything she hears on tv and does not use the internet. There are a number of retired people in SC like that. Then there are those who believe Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance of winning a national election. That may be true if people like Mr. Trump would rob some of the vote away from him even if he were to get the Republican nomination. Ron Paul or someone younger like him needs to improve their debating ability and explain why in more details we need to do things instead of just making the bold statements. Appearance means a lot to the less educated in America. I like him but he looks frustated all the time, maybe because he keeps getting cut off without getting his point across.

Well the rest of the US gets to vote now, if you like Ron Paul so much, try to get as many votes in your own states as you can. See if you can beat the 13 percent SC got. It should be easy after another candidate drops out. I believe Gringich got a lot more votes just because people here did not like Mitt having an automatic bid as seen by the main establishment. Plus he said he supported the right for the government to detain any American without trial and said that he would not abuse the power right there in a debate. He got booed. The president and our government should not have the power to detain anyone without trial indefinitely. The Founding Fathers would think our country was broken.
edit on 22/1/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join