It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Atmospheric Sounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here's an excerpt from the Examiner:

On January 22, 2012, the mystery of the strange UFO sounds being recorded across the globe was finally solved. The low creaking, groaning and metallic sounds weren't caused by UFOs, the Apocalypse or aliens. The sounds were caused by someone projecting the sound of a musical instrument called a waterphone. This strange instrument was invented in the late 1960s and based on the Tibetan Water Drum. It was created by a man named Richard Waters who still produces and sells them today on his website, Waterphone.com.

That should explain a lot of the sounds people have been hearing. Or at least cover it all up a bit.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Not buying it.

second

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
it sound kind of similar.. I got to give you that

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Really?

Really?

Really?

I'm still going with "it was the sound of our own planet due to the weakening magnetosphere"! Makes more sense than a group of people buying these instruments and freakin' half of the world's population to death.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Is this a joke ??? This is the most stupid excuse I have heard !! Clearly those instruments don't produce low frequency rumbles! They are what 30cm wide ? And they make enough noise to make the walls vibrate ???

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

i agree, waterphone is bunk, all the vids i have seen show people outside, looking around, and no 30 cm gizmo is going to produce enough decibels to be hidden and audible.

my approach... call friends near afflicted area (currently flagler county, fl) for reports.
results: two say, heard sounds, one says routine over last 2 months, one reports twice in last two days, i asked for recording.

near space center, fl.
over and out.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
People keep forgetting - or aren't aware of - that the sound was heard through a lot of Costa Rica and appeared in their MSM. The Kiev video was also covered on MSM.

A waterphone is incapable of broadcasting that powerfully.

There are plenty of fakes, and I'm still not 100% convinced about all of it, but I'm 100% sure its not a waterphone. Not even a waterphone connected to an amplifier.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I gotta admit though, that waterphone sounds sick!

I want one for my band. Anyone know any waterphonists who can really shredd?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
While it's a cool instrument it'd be pretty tough to project that for miles over a country.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Ugggggggggh....those "trumpet"sounds are the fakes. The real sound is nothing like that....it is a deep roaring sound. Ignore the trumpet sounds, they are just people who are trying to "one up" the original videos.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

I'm actually totally deaf. I started this thread trying to find out more about what's going on. If you say it's not a water drum, then I have to take your word for it. I've never heard an atmosphere break down and I've never heard a water drum. But, supposedly, it was amplified.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by darkstar57

Thank you very much for that input.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I think you probably have it right. I'm totally confused about what you guys are hearing. I hope you keep it in mind that I was merely posting a paragraph from a newspaper. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I got the feedback I wanted. I want to thank you guys for shedding some light on this matter for me. I appreciate it.

top topics

join