It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Weather Alert For Tonight 1/22/12 USA!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

see that little green blurb over eastern WA?

that's me..

but you guys have it way badd..

be safe my friends..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Okay this storm is probably half hour away from me and I was wanting to know if any tornados have been reported to touch ground?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Man, since I left Memphis the weather and the flooding has made me so glad I did. Just got out of a four day power outage myself, but those guys have been hit hard down there.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Thanks Baddmove ,this is what is staring me in the face at the moment.

And,man I'm tired.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
the bad stuff is estimated to hit me around 6AM.... well at least if I die, I die in my sleep.....

Not worth staying up for though, seems the storm will probably weaken before hitting here
edit on 23-1-2012 by longtermproject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Reply to post by strafgod

Sratch what ive asked, ive read alittle into this thread and it seems the answer to my question is YES.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Checking in! Getting sleepy, lol! Still got a few hours before I get hit. Anybody thinks it looks to be thinning out or losing strength? I'm keeping an eye on the radar and the red seems to be getting thinner, but that could just be due to my tired imagination.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Found this for Kentucky:

Looks like it will be hitting here about the time the kids are supposed to be going to school. Blah. My county isn't in the watch on this map. Wonder if it will be there later or if they expect the storm to die out before it gets here...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

In our case in Louisville,hopefully we will be ok.
Where I live,on the eastern side of a ridge,as soon as any storm passes over the Ohio River,they seem to ride up the ridge and come crashing down on the east end.
All our storms,as in this case,come from the west.
Kind of why I chose this location.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I live south of Chicago (Tinley Park), we have been experiencing some severe weather tonight too, thank god we havent had any tornado warnings, but I will say this weather is extremely strange for Chicago this time of year... Heavy down pour, some of the loudest thunder ive ever heard, and a crazy lightning show... Like I said earlier, this is very strange for Chicago this time of year....

And to everyone south of me, please be careful... If there is a tornado is your town, hopefully its in some remote field away from everyone...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Chicago?You guys should be buried in snow by now.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by jhn7537

Chicago?You guys should be buried in snow by now.

Yea we should be, thankfully its 43 degrees here so no snow.... We had a nice snow storm come through here Thurs night - Friday, about 6 inches fell in my neck of the woods, which isnt crazy for Chicago but it was the heaviest we've seen all year long. This has been a very strange winter to say the least... The temperature fluctuation we're seeing from one day to the next is crazy...

How's everything by you? Starting to pick up?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well,something is going on cause this old house is cricking and crackling as the pressure of the atmosphere is changing and the wind just started picking up.

edit on 23-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Very considerable of you.. Threads like these give me hope. Cuz even though I dont live in your area, if I come upon the information, I'm not gonna ask whether you know yet or not. I'm going to tell you never the less just to be sure.

Thanks man. Very inspiring... S+F

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Well,something is going on cause this old house is cricking and crackling as the pressure of the atmosphere is changing and the wind just started picking up.

It looks like you will be feeling the bad stuff roll through around 2am cst..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Be safe and keep us posted if you can.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Thank you,we will be ok.
Man,have I been at this for 12 hours now.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Ok guys, it must be my turn and let me tell ya the thunder is coming back to back. Local news lady sure has her mouth full with all of this. Tornado warning just west of me and I am going to my basement. Really hope I don't loose power.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
Ok guys, it must be my turn and let me tell ya the thunder is coming back to back. Local news lady sure has her mouth full with all of this. Tornado warning just west of me and I am going to my basement. Really hope I don't loose power.

Be safe and update us when it's over! Fingers are crossed that your power stays on!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Manhater

Thank you,we will be ok.
Man,have I been at this for 12 hours now.

Don't feel bad, I can't sleep until after 7PM tomorrow. And I have a pile things to do. Got off work late, and have to go back at 7AM, then I got to go to school, and probably won't actually leave until after 6PM, due to all these term papers. 3 of them. Plus, I have to study for tests. Going leave two hours before work for some studying,and have to do Calculus. Going need tons of coffee tomorrow.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join