It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how would you explain this one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
For about 6 months there was unusual activity in the apartment I live in, as in paranormal I think. The door to the bedroom when left patially open for night light purposes would open sometimes as much as 4 times in the night and the door would scrape lightly against the tiles in the morning when I opened it and also when making anything in the microwave the plug would come slightly out and I would have to shove it back in. What is this was this a haunting? I lost a good friend of mine 10 years ago. Why would it cease all of a sudden?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I think that you may have a ghost that is saying hello. You are not alone my ATS friend...I have been having some paranormal activity in my apartment too. You coming forward has prompted me to tell about it.

Recently these things have happened in my apartment. I was laying down on my bed to rest for a few minutes (was not asleep)...and the water in my bathtub was turned on and off several times. I did have a small kitchen timer that I use for baking on top of the refrigerator...and I was sitting down one day...and it was pushed quickly off the frig. Also...my dishes in the dish drainer holder have been rattled several times. The other day...I was sitting down...just thinking about things...and (this really happened)...the right arm of someone manifested itself....and then disappeared.

The apartment building I live in is almost 100 years old...so I do think it is a ghost...saying hello to me.

I am trying to get myself ready to see the entire ghost...because I think it is going to happen.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Sounds like a hello to me.

I have something that will starting happening for a day or two, and then stop again. I usually just chalk it up to my step father checking in with the family.

Are you disappointed that it stopped or looking for an answer as to who or what it might be?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleVoice731

yes, I was disappointed it had stopped hoping that it my friend and he will be back again all though the apartment is 40 years old it could've been a previous inhabitant.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Wow that's a better experience than I had I don't think I'll ever be able to see who it is am disappointed its stopped was getting used to it. /the apartment building is about 40 years old could've been a former inhabitant!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think it is a "hey ,i'm here with you forever"...I had a loved one pass away many years ago..very solid buddy..on his way out he said a crow will be on your shoulder...til this day there is a friggin caw in my backyard...cool

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Most likly a spirit. Most are good you would know if they had negative intentions.
Ive lived with "ghosts" my entire life. After awhile they are like anyoneelse. They feel emotion like us and my "ghost" hates being alone. After awhile you will settle in nicely with your new roommate

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by saroncan

Hmm weird u mention that. My moms dad (my gpa) passed b4 I was born. My mom says he's still around as a crow. Kinda makes me wonder if spirits or the soul can latch onto crows?
I mean in tv and movies they portray crows with something scary like old house or cemetary.
Just a thought

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I have had experience with the paranormal, i even made a thread about it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

In response to your question on why it stopped so suddenly, my guess would be that this entity does not want you to fear it. I believe that spirts can pick up on how we are feeling. It is very likely that you were feeling a little freaked out or maybe even scared. If this is your friend he may have sensed that and not wanting to scare you further he stopped.

It is always potentially dangerous to communicate with an unknown spirt but maybe you can try and say hello and say your not scared you just want to know more about him. Like I said there is risk involved cause if it is not your friend it may be wanting you to communicate next so it can feel welcome.

Over the summer a paramedic I work with died suddenly from heart attack. Ever since he as passed we have had unexplained noises, doors opening slightly and lights going on. We have since attributed it to our fallen brother. We acknowledge it and say hi to him and go on with our day.

Good luck to you, keep us posted on further developments. If you have the means you may want to set up a camera of some sort and see what pops up.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Good comments from all of you last night as I was getting ready to go bed the door opened just a little bit and only once so, I think maybe you're all right and they sense things. Yes, it kind of freaked me out at first I mean lived here for two years nothing, finally the 3rd year is when this started happening, will keep you all posted and let you know what happens. I will acknowledge him or her since he or she doesn't appear to be a poltergeist and see what happens from there, first I'll address it by my friends name. Please keep me updated on any further suggestions.and stories I love a good ghost story. It's the radio show I listen to a 1am (I don't get to hear all of it because of need for sleep but try to keep up with it from internet.) Don't know if I'm allowed to mention names but love Halloween week. It's the second biggest talk show of its kind it's spread out from just the paranormal to other happenings and have been listening to it for 10 years now. So I'm very open minded to things of a supernatural nature.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I just responded to your copy thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...
Why the double?

new topics

top topics

join