It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Murder Training Camps Are Very Real

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
US troops die protecting innocents sometimes,We never deliberately go for non military kills,though higher leadership may command us to attack an area where there are civilians because the enemy seems to be unable to go toe to toe with the average us soldier.We are here to win, not compete.Covertly, all bets are off.Sometimes indirect fire causes heavy collateral kills which sickens us(you call it PTSD).But Comparing us to Mexican thugs is a bit insulting,I'm sure you know that.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by blueorder

Where did I say the US military is doing this? I said SOME armies are doing this, through history.

And I was just talking about the training to kill. Both get trained to kill. In the army, you get trained to kill your enemy, soldiers, in the cartels you get trained to kill your enemy too, but this time it's civilians.

Wow, nice back-peddling! Hope you have good mirrors on those handle-bars, wouldn't want you backing up across the border.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
The U.S. would happily avoid killing ANY civilians if possible, as it goes counter to the entire strategy the U.S. military is built around.

You make me want to gag. From Wounded Knee to Hiroshima the slaughter of vast numbers of non-combatants has been the fruit, if not the intent, of US military policy.
edit on 21-1-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

Well, I can at least say that feeling is 100% and entirely mutual. I'll agree and be the first in line to say the U.S. Military needs reform in some areas and certainly needs politicians to knock off the social experiments. Do abuses happen? Absolutely they do. We have Fort Leavenworth, Kansas to show the results when it happens and the criminals with a rank are caught for it. The system works to the extent that abuses are known.

However... Yes.. As this started by your statement of hate...I'd have to say I feel as strongly about those who would blindly condemn the U.S. Military as those who would blindly defend it. As with MOST things in life, once naive ideology is removed, the truth lies somewhere in the middle of the extremes, and nothing is ever as black and white as some would wish it were, IMO.

I think it's really summed up best here by a sentiment I've heard often repeated about the American style of Government. The saying applies equally, many times, to the Military. To paraphrase... 'The United States Military is the worst........except for everyone else.'

If I had a choice between being rescued by a unit of combat weary U.S. Marines or a unit of Taliban killers in a good mood, I'd Pray for the U.S. Marines every time, and twice on Sunday. Taking my chances with them, in any circumstances, is better than any alternative.

edit on 22-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: spacing change

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Off hand, no..I know by my own research that Abu Ghraib was petty games a fairly harmless compared to the depths of abuse that happen in war. I'd note the U.S. "Tiger Teams" in Vietnam as one of the most depraved and outright unthinkable examples of American Death Squads, as they've happened in the past. It happens though..as you note..on ALL sides.

So I do kinda miss your point unless it's to generally condem all military organizations in general. On one line your talking about the abuses of U.S. actions in the past, and the next you refer to the sick attrocities of the Viet Cong in that war. Fair enough if that is your point...to the extent that all military action comes down to much the same thing with different ideals of morality only in target selection..then we both yearn for a world where such things aren't necessary at all!

Of course, that time won't come in either of OUR lifetimes..so until then, and for all their various faults and shortcomings...I'll still take a U.S. Soldier on a bad day to an enemy soldier on their best.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Gangs do things like this within the US. If a Blood kills a Crip is that taken as an innocent civilian death? Of course not they are enemies.

According to a report by the mexican government 95% of the deaths in Mexico are from the narco side or the cops and 5% are innocent bystanders. Well the narcos (amongst themselves) and the cops are at war. Just because they are not military doesn't mean they are innocent civilians.

edit on 22-1-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join