It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Sinkhole in Dagestan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Even though I have seen pictures of bigger sinkholes this one is still impressive. The author of the video seems to think it's UFO related but it looks like a regular sinkhole to me so please ignore the title of the video. It appears to have been there a while because of the plant growth in the hole.

A lot of these have been turning up over the last few years, maybe we just hear about them more now days because of the internet.

I would be hesitant to stand near that hole due to the possibility of falling in

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yes, impressive. You wouldn't see me standing on the edge without a belay rope around my waist, anchored to one of those cars far far from the hole. I wonder of they've gauged how deep the hole is.

Good find OP s and f.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That is the most amazing sinkhole I've seen.

I know it looks like it has been there for some time because of the plant growth on the inner-sides of the hole but I'm not so sure.
If it had been there for a while it would have been noticed by the farmer much longer before the plants grew there.

It doesn't look at all like it was dug with shovels. It actually DOES look like a gun shot hole.
I'm not saying that it is an alien gun shot hole lol but it does pop some questions of that sort since its nearby cows.

The other thing I noticed about it is that there doesn't seem to be any water in it. Had it been there for a long time, it would be full of water.
It doesn't look like a dry area because of the fresh green grass and the cows that need water and grass.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

is that sound dubbed over the video or is that sound coming out of the hole?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

It does look deep, that's for sure.

There isn't much information available about this yet, the sites that are covering it are trying to say it's UFO related. I will update the thread if I find any useful information about it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Wow..I was just listening to an old Art Bell stream yesterday and his guest was Mel Waters of the famous story of Mel's hole in Ellensburg WA...such a trippy story..not sure Mel was telling the truth..but very entertaining..I wonder if the plants and such just kept on growing on the sides of the hole?..since the dirt was still intact..and no way would I let my kids stand that close to that gaping giant..good find SnF Cheers Coco

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by doyouremember

I don't think the sound is coming from the hole. The author of the video left a comment in the description that says "Background sound is not original".
edit on 21-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
First time i have ever seen a sinkhole with a upraised crater rim around it ?????

Someone is going to have to explain that to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Good eye

Hopefully someone can help shed light on the situation because I have no idea.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
First time i have ever seen a sinkhole with a upraised crater rim around it ?????

Someone is going to have to explain that to me.

Good catch. It does make it look more like an impact site than a sinkhole. Meteor?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
hear the sound coming from it? Like a hum. Would love to see how far down it goes....

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

here is another vid without that creepy sound

good find , but notice the grass on the edges ?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It turns out this was discovered in August of last year.

New video of a Russia news report of a mysterious giant sinkhole that appeared “yesterday” near the village of Gurbuki Karabudakhkent in Dagestan, the info at Youtube. After some investigation we discovered a ‘giant Dagestan’ sinkhole that appeared in late August, 2011, while the news report is recent. The translation from the news site,

deathby1000papercuts.com...

Here is another video of it, there is no plant growth and it's dated August 31st.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

you are right and here is another one from Aug last year

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Perhaps my eyes are playing tricks on me but it looks like the hole has gotten bigger since August of last year, I would guess this is normal with sinkholes.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

It's not just a sink hole. There's blowout around the edge which indicates an impact.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Just curious as why onone there tied a rope to the camera with a light and simply lowered down, i mean its the first thing i would do and i am sure someone thought about it unless they were told not to go near it.

Me: Oh, a sink hole near our city

Me+Friends, Lets get some rope and lower a cam down see what we see

Friends+Me, Lets go for it

Me+Friends, Uploading for the world to view.

Rather simple to unless some creature snatches the camera and you loose your camera but sell your story making $$$ so you can afford more cameras.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnificient

I'm certainly open to other possibilities.

Do you have any theories as for what it may be?

My guess is that there would be some debris if it were caused by an impact. Maybe if something were to fall the authorities came in and cleaned up the mess. I would love for this to be something other than a sinkhole but there are houses nearby and there would probably be witnesses if something were to impact and cause a crater. They could have been silenced though.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

There's a carpark and a path around it, so its been there long enough for people to wear the grass away. The carpark has been put there so visitors to it can park. So it makes sense as a safety caution to indicate that its unsafe to walk / drive further, so they get a digger and drag back some earth around it to form a mini hill, then a trench all the way around.

Seems a logical answer to me anyways. It does also look like a convincing impact energy ripple. I can easily see it as an impact hole for sure. But I'm going with safety trench to stop stupid people driving right into it

edit on 21-1-2012 by pot8er because: grammar

edit on 21-1-2012 by pot8er because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Can't stop myself...impulse over-ride inop....HAARP.....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join