It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why It's Good To Have A Dash Camera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yep totally agree with the title and the video, and thoughts that came to mind when she popped out of the 4WD goes something like this.....

wtf is lower class person think his doing running into my rear end, oh i am so going to skin his ass in court for damages...

well that was right up until this citizen kindly pointed to his dash cam and then her theory of a taking the rear driver to court simply faded into the sunset, the moral of the story is yes...do yourself a favor and buy a dash cam..

edit on 21-1-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
They should be on every car.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I hope the driver with the dash cam took them to court if there was damage to his car!
I see police every day driving what the ordinary motorist would be charged with and if it was on camera then they would be if the person saw fit to do it.
Yesterday, I was followed for 5 miles by a cop car when I was driving through some towns near where I live, after getting bored I suppose and checking whether I was licensed etc he overtook me by the wrong side into a bus lane without lights going or even indicators and undercut 3 cars in front of me to follow someone else. If I had done that I would have been charged with it.
This is not a cop,bash or anything but just something that happened and if I had a dash cam it oould help if I was ever stopped or involved in an accident.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hey scot, check out the prices, they are anything but expensive and i for one have installed them in all my vehicles, both front and rear for the just in case. Yes i have used that in a case against me and won. The best few dollars i have ever invested and actually felt good about buying them

www.nextag.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

edit on 21-1-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (lol wrong window i guess this is what happenes when has over 30 tabs across three browsers opened. lol)

edit on 21-1-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That was a pretty quick change of attitude there! Looks like she tried to do a quick stop and force the car to hit her...then backed into it when that didn't work. Yep...good thing they had the camera.

And yeah...the cops have cameras everywhere now. Why don't we?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
That was funny. I watched it several times just to see the look on her face when he pointed to his dash cam.

Then she gave him the once-over to see if he was a cop or something. She got so flustered she tried to get in the back door of her car.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
That was funny. I watched it several times just to see the look on her face when he pointed to his dash cam.

Then she gave him the once-over to see if he was a cop or something. She got so flustered she tried to get in the back door of her car.

Yep Yep..absolutely, her face was exactly as you described it, its one of the priceless Kodak moments

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

Yep Yep..absolutely, her face was exactly as you described it, its one of the priceless Kodak moments

Yeah...too bad there wasn't audio too! I bet it went totally silent when she saw the cam!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

I watched without sound (I have music playing) and just assumed it was a police car until I read your post. Even so it was quite obvious what happened and is indeed a great example of why they can be a good thing for civilians too.
I love the little dance the driver does at the end, a kind of pity-roll, just before getting back into his vehicle.

I forget the name of the game it has been so long since I played it but it was a quake style multi-player (or computer AI) FPS. There were 2 keys assigned to make your player do a "win dance", a little hip thrusting boogie, if you will. But the anti-thesis of that is what I meant. Is it me, or am I rambling?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Hey scot, check out the prices, they are anything but expensive and i for one have installed them in all my vehicles, both front and rear for the just in case. Yes i have used that in a case against me and won. The best few dollars i have ever invested and actually felt good about buying them

www.nextag.com...

I bought a small camera the size of a pen drive for about $15 in your money which has sound and vision and lasts for about 3 hours. Picture is perfect and I have used it a fe times. Maybe new cars will have dash cams installed as standard as it would help insurance companies etc to see who is in the wrong etc. think you would need one that records all other time once ignition is switched on and recording in a loop?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

The incident i mentioned involved a car accident while i was italy, at first everyone was jumping on me insisting on some italian law regarding privacy act but when the two lawyers met up it some how went..

well look we dont care about your privacy act the video shows your client going through a red a light once we settle that in court then we can move on

obviously i won and was paid in full along with some italian i cannot remember let alone could understand..apparently they would be in T&C violation if i translated them...

p.s. aside form that , i think italy rocks and italian woman are mmmmm tasty..!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

reply to post by scotsdavy1

The incident i mentioned involved a car accident while i was italy, at first everyone was jumping on me insisting on some italian law regarding privacy act but when the two lawyers met up it some how went..

well look we dont care about your privacy act the video shows your client going through a red a light once we settle that in court then we can move on

obviously i won and was paid in full along with some italian i cannot remember let alone could understand..apparently they would be in T&C violation if i translated them...

p.s. aside form that , i think italy rocks and italian woman are mmmmm tasty..!

Nice one, glad you one and I agree about the Italian women .......

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

That is an investment that will pay for itself the first time you need it.

new topics

top topics

join