It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USD crash, self preparedness.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I apologize if this may be in the wrong section (I picked Social Issues / Civil Unrest section)

One of the many debatable issues i read about on this site, that i truly believe is coming, is the inevitability of a currency crisis.
I say USD because i live in the states, however I believe such an event would be a massive euro/usd failure. Thus, a world's issue. And one could speculate to no end the economic (or lack of) events that effect our day to day lives.

In my own paranoia and fear, i look into survival equipment online. However i dont know what i should start with, or what may be needed.

I do buy gold/silver now on a regular paycheck basis. However i cant know how this will be useful in the future either.

-The point of my topic-
I am asking for some open discussion on where we might think the US or world will be if the dollar crashes. I need to hear some honest speculation by people who understand US politics and world economy more then I. What should i expect for unrest in the first months, is gold a unit of survival in a world like this? What would a household need to survive the initial unrest or personal survival? Does the US government have plans for such an occasion?

note; I am not asking for hypothetical fear mongering. Sorry if it appears so. This is truly a personal concern of mine and i need some up to date reading to help me make several decisions. Not necessarily expecting straight forward bullet list advice.

Thanks in advance guys. Hopefully i am wrong and things are going to be fine

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Non-perishable food, long shelf life food, water, weapons, ammunition- these should be the primary staple investments. Gold/ silver is great but what will you be trading it for when the dollar tanks? That's right, food, water, etc. and the rate of exchange will be gouging.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

It is not inevitable and the USD will never fail. It may slump here and there, but not fail. The only way the dollar fails is if we fail or our government fails. It would take a global event to cause the dollar to fail and if that happens, then money will be least of our needs. All you read about USD failure is just so much hype from one person's panic attack to another.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnificient

The fall is not inevitable but something has got to give. Currently, interest on national debt exceeds GDP. There has to be a global event to correct this. There is no other way out from under.

Hyperinflation is a real probability. That is why it is wise to stock up at today's prices.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Nonperishable Food water and meds for the most. But if you are in the position things like axes farming tools used take off tires used boots and shoes clothing chickens. They may not be what you need but some one else will.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

Thanks for the string idea. I'm going to see what these people know about non-perishable food.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Have you checked out the Survival Forum? There's an awful lot of sound advice to be had in there.

A few more suggestions in here:

How to survive total economic collapse

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The NWO will rush in if the dollar collapses, it will institute a new currency that will also be instituted in other countries with similar debt issues. The Euro change over will be the example. The change over will proceed as it did in Europe, in a calm and orderly fashion. There will be no collapse. Another senario is this new currency will start in another country and in order to stave off economic collapse, the US will join in. At least not to the degree everyone is fearing. There might be a brief time, to scare us into buying into this. imho

edit on 21-1-2012 by Iamschist because: added a nibbin of content

edit on 21-1-2012 by Iamschist because: spelling

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The USD will eventually crash but not just yet.......the Euro will within 2-3 years max

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

There is no NWO.
It's made up by people who want to blame their position in life on some one else.
It's a crutch much like the concept of god is.
The dollar will not crash but it will change value.
Your retirement contributions and taxes will go up.
All government benefits will go down or disappear.

Life goes on.

PS Don't waste you money on survival crap. If the SHTF then someone bigger will take it from you. If no SHTF then it will rust and rot. Either way you are wasting your money.

On the other hand you are stimulating the economy.Go ahead and buy it all, some one needs the job. The owner needs a new boat.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

PS Don't waste you money on survival crap. If the SHTF then someone bigger will take it from you. If no SHTF then it will rust and rot. Either way you are wasting your money.

Certainly I appreciate your input, however I did not say anything about surviorism. I said that there would be no wide scale collapse, as concerns the op.

new topics

top topics

join