It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher "Applauds" Ron Paul, Calls Paul Detractors "Brainwashed Liberals"

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
And now we have seen it all...

I don't like Bill Maher but this is great!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm pinching myself right now...is this still earth I'm on...

Love he said it....can't believe he said it...but Love he said it...

Des

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
S&F

That was a pretty sweet impression he did too, ha!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well said Bill Maher!! Ron is the choice for those who are NOT brainwashed fools. Spot-on!!

Speaking about "spot-on", anyone who hasnt heard his views on religion is really missing out. Any faithful cult victims who hear him speak on religion, and doesnt immediately question or drop their silly faith, is simply not listening to the sense that this man makes on religion. Good stuff indeed.

Well done Mr Maher!!
Spot-on again, well done sir.

edit on 20-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Bill Maher for President! Seriously, this guy would get my vote, any day. This really says something that someone like Bill, actually respects Paul and what his mission is. You certainly won't hear that from Bill about anyone else in the GOP race, that is for sure.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
So now RP has the respect from Colbert and Maher! Perhaps there is hope for people after all.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This isn't shocking... Well not utterly shocking.

Reason being, back in 2007/8 I first learned about Dr. Paul on Maher's show .

Odd right? Even more so, was the fact that Maher called Paul his "new hero."

That was the last time I heard anything positive about Dr. Paul from Maher, until this. Recently (a month or so back) Maher was on Letterman, and he said out of all the GOP he supported Romney. I was shocked.

It's good to see Maher voicing a positive opinion on Dr. Paul again though. I thought for a bit, he might have been paid off to be silent about Paul... Let's see how far this support continues.

If it's Obama vs Paul (or even the more likely Obama vs Romney vs Paul) I am willing to bet my life savings that Maher will support Obama. He has to he has an image to uphold, and would risk losing his Left orientated audience doing otherwise.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
LMAO!!! RP's critics are "brainwashed liberals"? I'm sorry, but this fool cannot be taken seriously after that statement. Other than his view on economics and the federal government, RP is a progressive liberal in every other respect. He is pro-drugs, anti-war pacifist, pro prostitution, pro immigration (so much so that he would open our borders once he abolishes all entitlements). Other than abortion, this guy is practically a liberal when it comes to social issues.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
because paul is

comedy gold jerry

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
LMAO!!! RP's critics are "brainwashed liberals"? I'm sorry, but this fool cannot be taken seriously after that statement. Other than his view on economics and the federal government, RP is a progressive liberal in every other respect. He is pro-drugs, anti-war pacifist, pro prostitution, pro immigration (so much so that he would open our borders once he abolishes all entitlements). Other than abortion, this guy is practically a liberal when it comes to social issues.

You've got him all wrong. He's not pro-drugs or pro-prostitution,... he's for personal liberties. What that means is that although he doesn't support drug use or prostitution, he is man enough to admit that everyone should be able to do with their bodies what they want to do, when they want to do it as long as they are not harming others while doing so. He has stated on numerous occasions that legalizing drugs or anything else would be up to the States to decide. What that means is that the citizens inside your State would be able to vote on the matter and decide whether they want to legalize it or not. The difference here is that the Federal Government wouldn't step in and override a State's laws. For example you have California legalizing medical marijuana, but the Feds can come into California any time and raid these medical marijuana clinics. Californians voted and legalized it, so where do the Feds have the right to come in and raid them? They don't, and that's what Paul wants to put an end to.

He also does NOT want to open borders. He doesn't like illegal immigration. He wants to bring back the troops, stop the overseas spending and strengthen our National defense. That means he would put troops on our borders to keep them protected. He did say he would like to make legal immigration somewhat easier, but has expressed many times he is against illegal immigration.

He is NOT anti-war, either. He said many times that if our country was legitimately threatened and there was positive proof that we are in danger from another nation, he would put the matter in front of Congress and let them declare war if necessary. He is against going into and bombing countries with which we have not declared war, and where our proof of danger is severely lacking. It makes perfect sense.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Other than abortion, this guy is practically a liberal when it comes to social issues.

Well in every other country except the USA, ``liberal`` means pro-liberty.

Conservative means no change to the current state of affairs.

What the democrats and republicans really are is fascists. They love the corporations owning the government. And that's what fascism is all about. Corporations and government working together to screw the people.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Agreed, Vitch, but I think all down to Earth, people living within this illusionary system, know and understand, no way in hell Ron Paul, will win within a corrupt Presidential election in the first place.. I am saying in Jan. 20th 2012, Obama, will beat the drone arse republican canidate in this Presidential election...

sorry but we know its true...

Don't act like I am speaking crazy...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Originally posted by Diablos
LMAO!!! RP's critics are "brainwashed liberals"? I'm sorry, but this fool cannot be taken seriously after that statement.

What others in this thread don't get is that was a slight on himself. A bit of self-deprecation. Maher's audience is often referred to as "brainwashed liberals". He was joking. But if you haven't watched him much, you may not know that. And obviously, the people posting here haven't watched him a lot. Or they have seen YouTubes of him and criticized him as a "brainwashed liberal".

I like Ron Paul, too. I love him in debates, when he says stuff that others don't quite get. I respect him even though I disagree with him. But I don't want him to be president.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well Bill Maher is a libertarian so it's no surprise that he supports RP. And you notice RP is conveniently left out of just about all of his monologues when he's ragging on the candidates.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Yea it's funny the one guy who is right on everything is someone to be made fun of. He's the only one speaking truth's and I just don't see how that is funny?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

This shouldn't be a surprise coming from Bill. Although I don't really like the guy, I respect him because he is an intelligent person and thinks for himself (these are not independent of each other). Those two qualities (intelligence and free-thinking) involuntarily attract one to Ron Paul because that's exactly what Ron Paul exudes. Bill just realizes that government is too much a part of our daily lifes and will continue to grow because it's natural for government to seek more and more control. It's our responsibility as the citizens of this country (and any country) to keep our government in check. And that is exactly what Ron Paul speaks of in debate... he lives it. Liberty is alive in him and his supporters. It is truth, he has nothing to hide. It comes naturally to him because (whether conservatives, liberals, progressives or what have you) it is how we are meant to live our lives PERIOD. Live in the light, out in the open as Ron Paul does and as he expects us to and our government.
edit on 21-1-2012 by six67seven because: Go Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Well in every other country except the USA, ``liberal`` means pro-liberty.
Conservative means no change to the current state of affairs.

Liberal and conservative have two meanings. One is as you say above.
The other has to do with politics. A political liberal wants lots of government, big government.
A political conservative wants very little government interference...

There's a difference depending on the context in which the terms are used.
Liberal can mean pro-drugs and ALSO big government, but not at the same time. Hope that makes sense.

I think Maher is a genius at common sense...and so is Colbert (and I'm a card-carrying member of the Colbert SuperPAC, yes, and proud of it..from its very beginning.)

These guys are great -- Maher and Colbert. SO REFRESHING.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yeah but he voted for Obama in 2008 and has stated many
many times that he will do the same in 2012.

Many of us "brainwashed liberals" think quite highly of Dr. Paul
but that doesn't mean we endorse him for Prez.
Conservatives won't support Obama on anything.
Even legislation they want. So who are the brainwashed ones again ?

And I know you weren't implying that Bill wants Paul
for President.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

Bill Maher might applaud RP but he also supports SOPA. Which means he isn't as liberal as he claims to be. Just because he applauds RP doesn't mean he supports him. I am sure when the truth comes out he is still an Obama guy. The same way with Chuck Norris who gives lip service to RP but then endorses Newt.

new topics

top topics

join