It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this is what i think about alien life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
People always want to say those no life in this solar system and that for aliens to come hear it would take 100s of years. Well one possibility is they are hear on earth. but think about this for all we know thye could be at mars because none of us have ever been there and can actually verify that it is to inhospitbable for life. for all we know it could be just like earth. and maybe SETI is rigged or pointing in the wrong area etc. All im saying is that its possible

[edit on 13-9-2004 by phantompatriot]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Yes, it is possible. It's also possible that JFK was killed by Zombie Hitler. But without evidence, neither is really considerable as being as valid as an idea with at least a shred of evidence.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
this is frist thread I have read on here and gained nothing from it ...

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Mars cannot be just like Earth, if I understand what you wrote correctly, and that is because we in fact have been there, and the data is incontrovertable. Mars is nothing like Earth.

And yes, it is possible that other forms of life exist in the universe. Actually, it is almost a mathematical impossibility they do not. The only factor that I can think of that would negate the possibility is the God story.

And I never factor that in...

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
this is frist thread I have read on here and gained nothing from it ...

I gained new information - some particular scholars post total BS, i didn't notice that before.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Phantom patriot says:

"All im saying is that its possible"

Yes, it is possible that there are aliens on Mars.

And no, I cannot prove that it is not possible, because you simply can't prove a negative.

I can't prove there aren't aliens on Mars, just like you can't prove I'm not really the Long-Lost King of France -- or the mushrooms in my front lawn weren't placed there last night by the Little Fairies of the Moonlight.

But if I told you that I really was the Long-Lost King of France or about the Little Fairies of the Moonlight, you'd probably not believe me, even though you couldn't prove me wrong.

You probably wouldn't believe me because I don't have one shred of evidence to show that I am the Long-Lost King of France or the mushrooms were placed there by the Little Fairies of the Moonlight, right?

You want evidence.

So do I.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantompatriot
People always want to say those no life in this solar system and that for aliens to come hear it would take 100s of years. Well one possibility is they are hear on earth. but think about this for all we know thye could be at mars because none of us have ever been there and can actually verify that it is to inhospitbable for life. for all we know it could be just like earth. and maybe SETI is rigged or pointing in the wrong area etc. All im saying is that its possible

Dude, how did you became a scholar anyway?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
is this a joke or what, maybe a troll post?

Please, everyone wants to know your point of view... But you dont need to start a thread about your point of view... I mean how do you want us to answer? How can we answer that?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
well see DeltaChaos what im saying is that none of us have been there so how do we know all the press releases are real and for those of you people who have barely been here a week calling this BS thats all your typing is BS your not contributing so if you dont like it then dont post your giving me points lol.

you dont answer its not a question. if you want to know how i became a scholar read some of the projects ive contributed to and decide for yourself.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Acutally, I think that when people read this they will understand that Iam writing this to emphysis this threads stupidity. Nice contribution

[edit on 9/13/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
phantompatriot unoficially i give you "the best total bs thread of the month" award.

Please excuse my ignorance, but how such people become scholars? Can someone answer this?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Everyone here makes dumb posts, i just didnt expect this to come off how it did. i could pick out your dumb posts to but im not because thats not what were here to do now is it? anyways if you think im stupid read the conntributions to research projects ive made and most of the other posts ive made. just grow up we all make posts that we think are good but come off the wrong way thats what happens in big net communities if you dont like it dont waste your time posting. see you wanna call my posts dumb but you keep posting if you owuld look at my research forum posts you would see how i became a scholar and you cant give me a BS award you havent even been here a week yet.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

well see DeltaChaos what im saying is that none of us have been there so how do we know all the press releases are real and for those of you people who have barely been here a week calling this BS thats all your typing is BS your not contributing so if you dont like it then dont post your giving me points lol.

you dont answer its not a question. if you want to know how i became a scholar read some of the projects ive contributed to and decide for yourself.

Also, ive been reading ATS for 5+ months, and if im registered a week ago that doesnt mean i will tolerate BS on my favourite subject, apart from that, check my threads posted on ATS, and then judge what i can post and what i cannot. k?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by partykid

Also, ive been reading ATS for 5+ months, and if im registered a week ago that doesnt mean i will tolerate BS on my favourite subject, apart from that, check my threads posted on ATS, and then judge what i can post and what i cannot. k?
I have and im yet to see a good post but thats it im done here lol no contribution so its a waste

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Everyone here makes dumb posts, i just didnt expect this to come off how it did. i could pick out your dumb posts to but im not because thats not what were here to do now is it? anyways if you think im stupid read the conntributions to research projects ive made and most of the other posts ive made. just grow up we all make posts that we think are good but come off the wrong way thats what happens in big net communities if you dont like it dont waste your time posting. see you wanna call my posts dumb but you keep posting if you owuld look at my research forum posts you would see how i became a scholar and you cant give me a BS award you havent even been here a week yet.

Seriously, i get the point on your thread, in short - how can we know that, for example, our solar system looks like it is shown everywhere. In the matter of fact, there are these things, called telescopes, through them you can see stars, planets and such, get it?

SMR

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
phantompatriot
Im not flaming you,so please dont take it that way.
But I think you are getting crap because your thread title indicates you have proof of something.Upon reading it,all you are providing are your thoughts and no findings.
Maybe your thread title should have been 'This is my view about alien life in our solar system' or something like that.
I do know what you are trying to say,but your thread title is,well,misleading

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
phantompatriot
But I think you are getting crap because your thread title indicates you have proof of something.Upon reading it,all you are providing are your thoughts and no findings.
Maybe your thread title should have been 'This is my view about alien life in our solar system' or something like that.

A member teaching scholar how to make a proper thread. OMG, i didn't have such a good laugh in a long time. This is good, wonder if it is going to get better.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by partykid]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

well see DeltaChaos what im saying is that none of us have been there so how do we know all the press releases are real

If you really believe that NASA would invest billions of our tax dollars with the implied intent of lying to us about what they found, well then I would say you should smoke a little less weed. Or at least smoke Sativa instead of Indicus. Try to find something in a nice Delta 7 or 9...

We saw the pictures. They were real. We saw the reactions of the crews that ran the missions. They were real. I don't think scientists could get that keyed up over something they were fabricating in a studio somewhere just for the satisfaction of deceiving the public. Scientists are notoriously bad actors.

But, if you wish to continue to believe that the Mars mission was a hoax, that is fine, but you would soon find your place here questioned by the people above who have expressed their disdain for such unfocused and uninformed posts.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Another thing...

I really can't take anyone seriously who can't take the time to capitalize, use proper punctuation, or spell at least reasonably well.

That only emphasizes a few of the many education pitfalls that this country is currently not trying too hard to rectify. It also lends credence to my theory that American kids are just plain lazy.

SMR

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by partykid

Originally posted by SMR
phantompatriot

A member teaching scholar how to make a proper thread. OMG, i didn't have such a good laugh in a long time. This is good, wonder if it is going to get better.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by partykid]

Is this what this place has become?
All I see as of late are remarks making fun of people.
Im not teaching anything.Im simply giving my opinion as to maybe it is why he is getting crap.
This place is getting filled with nothing but childish people who have nothing better to do than mock other peoples posts.Such a shame.This was a fun place until the trolls came from under the bridge

Grow up and do as you have said,,,POST SOMETHING USEFUL!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join