It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policeman repeatedly punches restrained cricket fan at "big bash" game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Ox

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BULLETINYOURHEAD
reply to post by Ox

i think you must be a dirty rotten copa!

I'm not quite sure what a "copa" is. I can only assume its a shot at some amazing Australian slang, only with tragically poor spelling. Although just thinking about it, it can't be Australian slang simply because it didn't get an "o" added on to the end of it right? Right.

It's sad that the people in this country don't have any respect for the police. Although they will call them when they need help. Australia needs stronger laws, less media dribble being added to an already ample amount of crap spewed out on tv/radio. And the population needs to wake up.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ox

Respect goes both ways does it not.

The Police in any country are guilty off over reacting, in a lot off situations.

Or Do you need reminding of what US Police Officers done in the Thomas Kelly situation?

I suppose they were justified in what they did to that individual?

edit on 8-2-2012 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

Ox

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Yes respect goes both ways. And no, there's no need to remind me. I'm well aware and I am not saying it's always justified. However, this fool was asked to leave on several occasions by Security and Police (Police in Australia do not have the same powers as they do at home in the USA). The individual was drunk, pushed police and security then went for the officer's weapon, so the officer issued the nice man with the ticket (See: beating)

Society in Australia cries victim any time they encounter Police and often use the line "Fair go".. or some other Australian slang. They have no respect for the law, laws or the people that enforce them and the country is going to hell in a hand basket quicker than a stampede with diarrhea. People here play the victim too often and it's grown tiresome in the 18 months I've lived here. They don't answer for their crimes when they should. It's rather sickening and annoying.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join