It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bahai Faith

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
I read some "Bah-Humbug" literature once, and was struck at how simple-minded it seemed.

Whatever.

I recall that Jesus said that if we were told later that He is in the upper rooms, don't believe it, and if He was in the desert, don't go there. "Bah-Humbug" has nothing to add or improve or edify, except perhaps, to hold a mirror up to us so that we can see what is lacking (like love, etc) in our own religious practices.

what upper rooms????

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I read some "Bah-Humbug" literature once, and was struck at how simple-minded it seemed.

Whatever.

I recall that Jesus said that if we were told later that He is in the upper rooms, don't believe it, and if He was in the desert, don't go there. "Bah-Humbug" has nothing to add or improve or edify, except perhaps, to hold a mirror up to us so that we can see what is lacking (like love, etc) in our own religious practices.

Lol. No Bahai tells you to look in a mirror and see that you are God. Its ecumenical universalism and is blasphemy. That one world religion Revelation talks about? It's Universalism...the doctrine of "all roads lead to heaven" and it's Luciferian to the core.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker
I dono but if bahai' is true( which means Islam is true,Bahai' is something like a continuation of Islam,correct me if I am wrong) ,why would Prophet Muhammad said that there are no prophets or apostles after him??? And that the Qur'an will remain uncorrupted??? I mean if G-d really wants to introduce a new religion ,Prophet Muhammad wouldn't say there are no prophets or apostles after him right??Btw,whatd oes Bahai' says about things prohibited in Islam for example drawing animate figures??
edit on 26-1-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: Explain further

edit on 26-1-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

Anyone have any ideas??Actually I kinda hope Bahai' is true because it seems easier and stuff compare to quite a few religions.
edit on 27-1-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Whatever.

Lol. No Bahai tells you to look in a mirror and see that you are God. Its ecumenical universalism and is blasphemy. That one world religion Revelation talks about? It's Universalism...the doctrine of "all roads lead to heaven" and it's Luciferian to the core.

Did you really read my post? I said that "Bah-Humbug" held up a mirror to show our lacks, not to show us as God. I think you missed my intent. For the rest, I quite agree with you.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker

Whatever.

what upper rooms????

I think He was speaking figuratively, but I would interpret it as referring to any secret place where some revelation or religious experience was promised. It might be the Kaaba, the Mormon Temple, or a Masonic Hall. It might be the rooms where Scientology conducts audits, or a seminar room in some Hotel.

I once found God while face-down on my bedroom carpet, weeping until I could weep no more. But that was on a first floor.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

The other aspect of that is, in order to fully understand good and evil, you have to understand that they exist. Religion in itself is just a way for the human mind to understand their place in the universe. Be it christian or Bahai (which I think is a beautiful religion that closely mirrors my own thoughts.) Or Wicca or Peganism or any other religion. Although a lot of what we experience is human mental processes, there is also something beyond that, that reaches into our minds on a much deeper level. People do not give the brain enough credit. When they say you are only using maybe 10% of your brain, that is simply because the other 90% is not conscious thought, but unconscious thought. And if you go deeper still, it seems that beyond the unconscious is something else too, almost like a super- conscious. Kind of like the god part of the brain. AT least this is how I see it. Way down in our sub-conscious is everything we have ever seen, read, or heard and felt. The brain processes this constantly and puts back information to the conscious. Even on a psychic level.

Now I can say that the most evil things I have ever encountered were other people. But on a spiritual level, evil is the destruction of positive emotion and feeling.

And I believe personally that there are things out there, that we do not see, but our minds do, that try to destroy us through negativity. I do not think there is one big being responsible for the evil that men do, I think it is both other people who feel the need to rip people down to build themselves up, and also there are BEINGS out there that do the same thing on a level we do not understand.

As I have always said, I do not believe in Satan, but I do believe there are a lot of things out there that would love you to believe that THEY are Satan......

That's just how I see it. I think that any religion that keeps a door open to rational thought and experience is a good thing. There is no one correct religion, just many versions of explanation of this incredibly complicated experience we call life.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

As I have always said, I do not believe in Satan, but I do believe there are a lot of things out there that would love you to believe that THEY are Satan......

"They" are called demons, and Satan is their boss.
His directions his plan, of course they have a degree of autonomy, as they rebelled against God to get that.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

I understand it to be a beautiful religion. Don't know too much about it, but I've seen the Chicago Temple, and it's one of the most extraordinarily beautiful pieces of architecture in the entire world, imo.

These pics (google search results) don't do it justice. Not even close....
it is astonishing.
Just thought you'd like to see these, but imagine you've probably already investigated.
Still, for those who have never seen it....
my jaw dropped open, and had I not been in a car, I'd have dropped to my knees. Next time I'm in Evanston, I plan to go on the tour. My daughter lived there for three years (in Evanston, not in the temple
)....
and although I haven't had a chance to tour it yet, she has. Blew her mind, too....

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Well, I will tell you what, if there is a big bad boss, I hope I never run into him. lol

I leave it all open as a possibility really.
I have experienced enough things in my life to know that I just do not know.

Perhaps I just chose to ignore that aspect for my own safety lol
To me, it is the intent that determines what is good and evil.

Although I do not believe the bible, well, actually,
I do believe the bible, but think it is "tainted" by man's own hand.
It sucks when you believe in God, but because of how modern Christianity is and how they view things, you cannot go with the majority.
Kind of like being a fringe Christian. I know God is real.
I know that it is not so much the religion as it what is in your heart.
Makes one feel alone sometimes having this point of view.
The Mormons loved coming to my door. They began bringing their newest "elders" I think they call them to talk with me, always walking away smiling. It was a neat experience, I feel bad for them really and admire how brave they have to be in order to spread their view of things. I could never do that.

edit on 29-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
Which Faith do you subscribe to chrono? Just curious.... I am on a sort of spiritual quest right now. I come from a Catholic background and still a self described Catholic-Christian...... but I have irreconcibale differences with certain Catholic / Christian dogma therefore I am researching different spiritual paths....

I pray that you give the bible a chance. Not the religions that claim they teach the bible. You like that religion because they are in agreement with Christ. It is the church that is not in agreement with Christ. Do not judge the bible based on what the church has taught. The bible teaches that we are all brothers and that we should love each other as such. The church teaches Christians self righteousness which appeals to their members ego. The bible says that Grace is a free gift given to all so that none can boast.

Christians are boasting, judging and self righteous. Because of this they cannot see the truth. Jesus says that the wisdom would not be given to people like this.

I know that you have rejected this message, which is why you are searching. The message is in the bible that you search for; knock and the door will be opened. You must pray for the gift of interpretation and believe that God wants to reveal to you the true message in the bible that agrees completely with his son. Do not turn away from the son to find the truth rather turn away from the church so that you may turn towards Christ.

Christ is in you and the Holy Spirit will guide you to all truth. Have faith Jesus is the truth. And he loves all even those who don’t believe that he is the Son of God.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Kind of like being a fringe Christian. I know God is real.
I know that it is not so much the religion as it what is in your heart.
Makes one feel alone sometimes having this point of view.

edit on 29-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

You are not alone. The church is not the truth. Christ in you is the truth. You know that love is in your heart, because the son is in you. You are the temple. The truth is all who know love in their heart are the temple of Christ, even if the refuse to believe it. People do not get to know Christ because of the church. The relationship you have with Christ should come from inside you because he is there. This is the good news that was supposed to be spread to the gentiles. This is the good news that was being taught, the message that was getting people killed by the church.

How can the church profit if you know that Christ is in you and that the Holy Spirit will give you freely all the wisdom of God. They want to keep the wisdom away from you so that you must continue to pay to learn more. The truth is the word of God and the Holy Spirit will teach you all things. The church is supposed to be made up of people who all know the truth and each shares their gifts with everyone else. If anyone was receiving anything for spreading the good news is was not to amount to more than food and shelter while they were in your town.

You are a Christian when you stop following the church and start following Christ. Which is the truth in you the message on your heart.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Just had a peep on wiki to see what they said and one of their core principles is this....

Obedience to government and non-involvement in partisan politics unless submission to law amounts to a denial of Faith

...erm, no thanks then.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

Q: Do Baha'is believe in Satan? A: No, Baha'is do not believe in the existence of any Being who is the embodiment of evil, or in evil as an independent force. In the Baha'i Writings, the terms "Satan" and "satanic" are used metaphorically to refer to the lower, base, selfish side of human beings, in contrast to their higher, virtuous, selfless side. Thus, the capacity for good or evil originates in man himself.

This is my main issue with the Baha's faith, if you have an enemy who's sole goal is to kill you spiritually, and you do not acknowledge that enemy, you are doomed to failure.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

It appears to me that they fully understand the purpose of Satan. Satan does appeal to the selfish side of human beings. The bible teaches that you must die to self to be born of God. Sounds pretty much the same to me.

I do believe in Jesus by the way.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Whatever.

You are right all roads do not lead to heaven. The only road that leads to heaven is Love. Personally this religion seems to be a regurgitated version of bible. Only they don’t say anything that people can misinterpret allowing themselves to become self righteous judges of the world.

They seem to believe that one must love all mankind and look within themselves to overcome their selfish desires. As soon as Christians understand that they are not a chosen people who have an exclusive right to salvation than the world will finally get to know Christ.

Grace is for all, a free gift so that none might boast. “I am a Christian so I know I am going to heaven, thrown in the face of unbelievers” This is boasting, self righteousness, judgmental, hate that leads to separation, superiority and war.

I grow increasingly tired of Christians who don’t follow the commands of Christ, then claim they are forgiven for everything they do because they believe that Jesus is the son of God. When are you going to stop believing THAT he is the son of God and believe IN him?

If you are in him you will stop judging, you will stop boasting, you will see him in every loving person that you meet. You will see him in the Good Samaritan who is not of your religion. You think you see him but you still don’t follow what HE said.

UNTIL YOU FOLLOW WHAT JESUS SAID, you will not understand what Paul said.

2 Peter 3:16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

If you do not love your enemy as yourself. If you refuse to see everyone as your neighbor and wish to pour out love on them, then you are not following Christ. If you do not follow what Jesus said than you remain ignorant and unable to understand Paul.

Lonewolf I have done enough to show you the error in your ways, to show you the narrow path. This will be my last reply to you, unless you are willing to start doing what Jesus plainly commanded you to do.

edit on 29-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

You are a Christian when you stop following the church and start following Christ. Which is the truth in you the message on your heart.
Blessings on you, sacgamer. I'm glad you're on this board, and these forums.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by Iason321

2 Timothy 4:3-4:
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

You are correct and people have done exactly as prophesized. We go to churches that tell us that we know the truth and that it is the truth that we know that guarantees are salvation. This message teaches that somehow you are more loved and more special than everyone else. My how we like to go the church that makes us feel more righteous than our brothers.

We go to churches that teach us that God is more concerned with supporting the church than the starving people in our community, because honestly isn’t it just easier to give to the church, than it would be to find the starving people and feed them.

We go to churches that teach that you are saved by Grace, nothing more to do now go back home and I’ll see you next week.

We go to churches that make us believe that the Pastor’s are divinely inspired teachers and that us common folk will never fully understand the bible, so why even read it for yourself. I mean you get three verses every Sunday along with a message about be good, be forgiven, and don’t forget to tithe. What more is there to know? Sounds good to me.

WE go to churches that tell us the more we give $money the more we will receive. That if we have real faith that God will cure all our financial worries and provide us with substantial increase in income. You know teach us to pray to the God of money and materialism.

We have indeed fulfilled the prophesy as we have gathered ourselves a number of teachers that tell us what we want to hear completely ignoring sound doctrine.

What is sound doctrine? Do not judge. Love your enemy. . No one is righteous, no one is worthy. If you have hated you have committed murder. If you have looked in lust you have committed adultery. Anyone who does not love his brother as himself does not know God. Anyone born of God does not continue to sin. Forgive or you will not be forgiven. Have mercy or you will not be shown mercy. Go sell all your possession and give to the poor. No one can love both God and money. Grace is a gift for all, given freely, so that NO ONE MIGHT BOAST.

Oh wait a second this sounds hard let me just go back to church because they make it sound so much easier.

edit on 29-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Just had a peep on wiki to see what they said and one of their core principles is this....

Obedience to government and non-involvement in partisan politics unless submission to law amounts to a denial of Faith

...erm, no thanks then.

You know the bible says that too. But there is a purpose for this. And I say if you’re not in prison you have indeed followed it to this point.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Blessings on you, sacgamer. I'm glad you're on this board, and these forums.

Always good to hear from you. Someday before my physical body passes away I hope God shows me how to spread this message to the whole world, especially to Christians.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You are doing a great, stand-up, exemplary job of it.
And thanks for the kind reception.

I'm so weary (see new avatar) of the hatred and hypocrisy and condemnation. I have had to step away from this forum myself....on account of being bashed and baited....
but here and there I hope to throw in a thought or two that someone might find comforting or empowering....

And I have a new thread in mind, but will wait a few weeks to post it.
hugs to you, sac

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Thank you for that.
It is a nice reminder that I am not alone.
Just a loner

I chose to walk my own path with the creator.
Purely by intuition, a little knowledge of different religions,
and what my own heart and soul says to me,
and for me,
It has been a very fruitful experience. Even the bad parts.
There is much truth in the bible.
It is all in how one experiences it.
You can't just read things,
you have to experience them for yourself to find what is true and what is not.

Or at least that is how I see it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join