It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube's lunar tower madness by saintsdola!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Hang a rubber ball from a tree.
Stick a nail in the side.
Hold a flashlight to the 90 degrees to the side.
Walk in a circle around the ball. At one point you will see the nail lit against the dark of the ball.

Done!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Can someone take a pic of the tower and post it? i know i'm asking too much

But currently Youtube is not available
. i need to wait another 7:30 hours to see it lol.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by warlok

My advice: Fix the cam (no movement), use tracking and record footage for X secs./mins. and than stack the frames. That shoold clear up the atmospheric distortion quite a bit

Don't be ridiculous. Even if he knew what that meant, it would make the tower disappear.

Not hard to understand. And the tower disappear? Isn´t that what you want? That would pretty much clear it up right?

However if it doesn´t dissapear... what would that say about you?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
According to Dr. Peter Beter, that tower might be the ruins of the U.S particle beam base that was destroyed by the russian particle beam satellite at the end of the 70-ties.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 20-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Not hard to understand. And the tower disappear? Isn´t that what you want? That would pretty much clear it up right?

It's not a question of what I want. If the tower were really there, there would be over 200 years of observations of it. Exercise your common sense please.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by NeoVain

It's not a question of what I want. If the tower were really there, there would be over 200 years of observations of it. Exercise your common sense please.

So what would be the problem in overlaying the video on itself then? Can´t hurt to try right?

Just curious, what would you say if it didn´t disappear, but instead appeared in brilliant clarity with all the bells and whistles? Would that crush your world view?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Pictures of the tower posted by ChaoticOrder on the other thread HERE

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I guess someone could do 20 print screens on that vid, overlay the pictures with each other exactly on top of each other with one of the more stable craters as the reference point, and see if the tower disappears.... should clear up some of the fogginess at least.

To bad i dont have photoshop or i would do it myself.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

The vid is too compressed and fuzzy for Photoshop to reveal anything but the lossy compression. Funny, when I went to see if the whole sky was black it wasn't, and in some angles and levels of focus it was clear to see the shadow was unrelated to the highlight.

In short, it's not one object, its a combination of light direction, light angle, and perspective of proximity, some like to call parallax.

I have a question for telescope folks, how does a video camera zoom work through a telescope?

I believe they call that virtual zoom, like those tiny cameras that have a focal length of 1 or 2 inches that say they have 30x zoom, that's not real zoom, its virtual zoom, like enlarging an already imaged image.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Virtual zoom? You mean Digital zoom right? Cause that is just enlarging the picture of something to make it more "pixelated". The terminology Virtual zoom isn´t even on google except as peoples nickname.

Applying one optical zoom after an other is still optical zoom, and seems to work fine.

worldvillage.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

So what would be the problem in overlaying the video on itself then? Can´t hurt to try right?

All the blurry parts would reinforce each other and it would get blurrier. When stacking a planetary image series, one chooses the clearest bits from the best frames.

Just curious, what would you say if it didn´t disappear, but instead appeared in brilliant clarity with all the bells and whistles? Would that crush your world view?

That is a moot question.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

The only way to get a larger zoom is to increase the focal length of the telescope or the reflecting mirror size, using a digital camera zoom behind the telescope doesn't do that, which is why we see such poor quality in the zooms. It didn't make a bigger telescope. I likely just magnified the atmospheric distortion.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What model of camera and details on close focus etc would be handy he claimed I believe it was 30x zoom but would that be the case on macro/close foucs setting.

The most likely case as stated part of a ridge or rockface still able to reflect sunlight the shadow below that creates the tower effect.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by saintsdola

Thanks for sharing. I'm currently in the process of saving up for a telescope & accessories so I can jump on the moon recording bandwagon myself.

This could be a good option for yourself in regards to getting some more stable footage of the moons surface - www.ozscopes.com.au... which enables you to be able to view & capture live video on your computer screen.

edit on 21/1/2012 by DanielET because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join