It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous attacks whitehouse.gov after taking down Department of Justice and others

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

As I just said in another thread.

They are going to bury us with an avalanche of proped up inadaquacies and diliberate denials of freedom.

From online gambling to free flowing info. They don't allow what they can't control. I doubt very much if Anonymous isn't just another Alqueda that they will be more than a mere thorn in their side.

Predator

They can try and control the internet with their legislation but the internet is too smart, there will be ways around the rules. The US people just have to stop being pushovers and tell the government where to go and how to get there.

They sure have succeeded with online gambling. No microgames or any of the games europe enjoys. If you know something please share.
edit on 19-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

I know the whole 4chan thing, they don't like it mentioned >_> my point anyway is they don't -all- have to be govt, you only need one plant, look what happened to wikileaks.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don't believe this story.

The White House website is just fine.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well....

What's the consensus?

False Flag or retaliation?

I get my conspiracies confused after a big lunch.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Yep, Anonymous is a join NSA, CIA operation. Clear as day. No way any hacker in the USA would do this. They know that is serious jail time.

If they catch the hacker then good, if they cant catch him they are incompetent OR...this was staged.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Well....

What's the consensus?

I get my conspiracies confused after a big lunch.

Conspiracies and good big lunch dont mix together

Retaliation
many premium members on Mega Uplo..
edit on 19-1-2012 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

A DDoS site on whitehouse.gov is bad for them because they use their own internal emails, meaning government grinds to a halt. It is more serious than they would have you think.

You know all the .gov emails...yea they go to those servers...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It's hard to believe "ANON" orchestrated this attack so quickly. Something doesn't seem right...

They attacked obvious websites within a 20 hour time window.........

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
please post in this one

DP, even on front page -.-

OP, use the search engine....

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I went to white house site works fine.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I don't believe this story.

The White House website is just fine.

There are people stagin an attack on it as we speak, a few mentions on twitter from people known to announce these things in the past (anonymous related) as well as in a few chat rooms.

Also someone in the comments of the article to RT posted a list of sites supposedly attacked so far;

www.justice.gov
www.universalmusic.com
www.mpaa.org
www.riaa.com
www.copyright.gov
www.hadopi.fr
www.copyright.gov
www.bmi.com
www.utahchiefs.org

Deffinetely a few government ones there. Quite high-profile sites...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

They have a completely different network apart from the "internet" for that.

If anonymous got into that, and shut it down, that would be major news.... Ain't gonna happen.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I was just checking the sites. Universal music is down, D of J is up at least in part, it won't finish loading on my computer. Whitehouse.gov is up and working. Motion Pic Assoc. of America is up as is Universal Music Group. I can not say the internal links worked as they were taking forever to load. RIAA won't load. I googled each site and they had stories about the hacking listed in their news above web page site info and address. I didn't have to google whitehouse.gov so I can't say if a news story (real or planted) was there.

Check for yourselves.
edit on 1/19/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/19/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add info

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

my god your not getting it, its both! -_-

soo, this hasn't happened yet? or has but not to the house of white, or did but they fixed it. i'm sort of lost at this point as to what actually occured.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Retaliation huh? Just more proof that Anon is a bunch of kids. Two wrongs don't make a right. Keep patting yourselves on the backs kiddos, you're doing exactly what they want you to do.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Yep, Anonymous is a join NSA, CIA operation. Clear as day. No way any hacker in the USA would do this. They know that is serious jail time.

If they catch the hacker then good, if they cant catch him they are incompetent OR...this was staged.

You can't HONESTLY believe this, can you?
Please tell me this is sarcasm....even though it obviously isn't.

You'd figure that someone who has been on here for over 4 years would know better than that.

Anon is nothing of the like, and if you believe that, then you know nothing about the internet you're currently using.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny Of Souls

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

You can't HONESTLY believe this, can you?
Please tell me this is sarcasm....even though it obviously isn't.

You'd figure that someone who has been on here for over 4 years would know better than that.

Anon is nothing of the like, and if you believe that, then you know nothing about the internet you're currently using.

sooo...you mean to tell me that YOU'VE been on this site for 4+ years, and you honestly believe that anonymous is an "elite citizen amateur group"

seriously?! is that what YOU believe

on a conspiracy website id rather believe that anonymous is actually owned by some branch of the government and that these "attacks" show how piracy affects the internet and how something must be done to stop it.

FALSE FLAG

nuff said... always remember ...the world goverments are controlled by an elite group of humans or entities whatever you want to call it.....everything that happens in the world is because they ALLOW it, for their gain

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by caladonea

I was just checking the sites. Universal music is down, D of J is up at least in part, it won't finish loading on my computer. Whitehouse.gov is up and working. Motion Pic Assoc. of America is up as is Universal Music Group. I can not say the internal links worked as they were taking forever to load. RIAA won't load. I googled each site and they had stories about the hacking listed in their news above web page site info and address. I didn't have to google whitehouse.gov so I can't say if a news story (real or planted) was there.

Check for yourselves.
edit on 1/19/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

RIAA finally loaded, what's left of it. They definitely have some webmasters going nuts right now.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i'd have to agree that no hacker is that stupid, but 1 the internet itself is threatened, 2 mega had -lots- of files that are assumedly gone, like, terabytes of stuff.

and 3 I say again, some, of, them, not, all. (will not repeat this point anymore, its tiring.) [to be absolutely clear, some of anon are cia, thats what I and others are thinking. others think they are all cia, I do not. peace.]
edit on 19/1/2012 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

and that these "attacks" show how piracy affects the internet and how something must be done to stop it.

These "attacks" show how censorship affects the internet.
It was the US justice department that decided to censor a website.

It's nothing more than retaliation, on the internet... closing a site on the basis that it infringes copyright is an act of cyber war

A DoS attack in itself is denial-of-service. The US justice department denied service to megaupload. What anonymous are doing is giving them their own medicine, because they obviously don't like being on the other end of the stick, so why should the US have the freedom to control the internet?

PS
To people saying the internet will be "lost" or will come to an end... it will always be here. Whether it involves using a mass distributed ad-hoc network between towns or using neutral civilian sattelites... you can't take away the internet. The only thing governments can "control" in a sense are the DNS root servers run by ICANN and the likes... they can only take away the domain mapping ability to an ip address.

Not that it matters to this day, things such as Tor have proven a great example of distirbuted DNS implementations, you cannot issue a takedown on an '.onion'.
edit on 19/1/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join