It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous attacks whitehouse.gov after taking down Department of Justice and others

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Barbaricfellow
reply to post by UkRandom

I have just lost some respect for Anon.
And likely some people have become involved now without knowing it, all THX to me because I have send a few links to friends. To look around only. It may not be much, but it's clear to me that you cant trust Anon.

That's me finished with them.

I got a sneaky feeling anon are being set up for this.... I don't doubt they attacked the sites, but I think this new DDOS method of visiting a dodgy URL is not their usual method.

Just my thoughts.

after looking at the source code i certainly wouldnt disagree with you on that statement as it doesnt fit the standard protocol Anon have used in the past

im going to do some more digging later and see if anything crops up
certain things in teh source code just dont seem to add up which for Anon is a strange oversight specially the Blatant Typo on the webpage main screen
thats not a usual Anon mistake

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
My scaly friend.

Why alway using the old tactics when you can use new tricks ?

Seriously,Anon is just using a quicker,easier, and modular attack style

Why using a rusty knife when you can use a frag grenade ?

But rest assured , Anon still have lots of candies in its bag

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp
My scaly friend.

why speaking chinese when you can speaking english ?
hehe

modular. hey are you a programmer? i want to make a video game.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I fully support what Anon is doing.

These guys (behind the bills) are trying to tackle one extreme with another, and it's not going to work.

What it will do, is piss off a lot of people and ensure that I never buy any form of media again.
edit on 20-1-2012 by NewDamage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp
My scaly friend.

Whilst I fully support the movement and the attack against corruption, I disagree with the method of implementation - as using innocent peoples computers can land innocent people in jail.

If people CHOOSE to do it, then absolutely fine - they know the risks etc, but this new tactic is a tad devious and doesn't represent the people.

That's why I'm unclear on the motives.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by mr-lizard

So, as much as I support Anon - I'm just giving a heads up to people who don't want to unwittingly get involved in the attacks.

Wow dude you might have just said "If you really want to support anonymous, find those links and click them ASAP!"

I would rather be aware of this than not regardless of my position.

Thankyou - Raisin awareness is my only motive here, I don't care if anyone supports Anon or not, I just don't want innocents caught up in something they could have easily avoided, hence my warning.

You're most welcome and your post got me on my toes.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewDamage

These guys (behind the bills) are trying to tackle one extreme with another, and it's not going to work.

What it will do, is piss off a lot of people and ensure that I never buy any form of media again.

would you still utter that sentence if all your details ended up freely avaliable due to the comebacks of clicking a link and being part of an online attack whilst you never knew anything about it?

Anon may have plenty more tactics up there sleeve BUT we have yet to see how the establishment is going to counter this attack and what the come backs from that will be

that link thats being circulated to the fake megaupload site is being tracked multiple times
whos tracking and for what purpose its not a simple Cookie tracker either this is FULL ip logging

so whos behind it and why log ALL traffic hitting that site?
ironically 1 of the tracking names has the account name of kimble
kimble is the alias of Kim Schmitz aka KimDotcom the founder of megaupload
that site appeared a few hours after his arrest
common sense should tell you he would have still been detained in custody over the charges he faces
so who set that site up and is tracking ip hits
Anon? maybe
The Goverment? Maybe
edit on 20-1-2012 by UkRandom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by UkRandom

would you still utter that sentence if all your details ended up freely avaliable due to the comebacks of clicking a link and being part of an online attack whilst you never knew anything about it?

Anon may have plenty more tactics up there sleeve BUT we have yet to see how the establishment is going to counter this attack and what the come backs from that will be

that link thats being circulated to the fake megaupload site is being tracked multiple times
whos tracking and for what purpose its not a simple Cookie tracker either this is FULL ip logging

earlier in the thread, someone named aquarianunicorn came in a dropped a link to a...i dunno if it was a facebook page or some other blog. anyway, there were 2 links there. one was to another page on the blog that had a youtube video of two people discussing sopa and what not. the other link, i don't recall now where it went. just to be sure my comp isn't running something without my knowledge, how would i know it's doing so? is it obvious or what? do i need some type of program to search for trojans ?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
d o j down the dept. of jerkoffs in corruption the 99% are happy only problem anon needs to find a way too round up the doj and put the whole bunch on a plane to gidmo prison south indefinitely

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by UkRandom

earlier in the thread, someone named aquarianunicorn came in a dropped a link to a...i dunno if it was a facebook page or some other blog. anyway, there were 2 links there. one was to another page on the blog that had a youtube video of two people discussing sopa and what not. the other link, i don't recall now where it went. just to be sure my comp isn't running something without my knowledge, how would i know it's doing so? is it obvious or what? do i need some type of program to search for trojans ?

the bogus attack megaupload website needs the user to stay on that page and thats when the attack occours
if your not on that specific page you have no worrys at all
any links that contain the words Megaupload,any kind of ip looking numbers or links your not familiar with simply do not click them
safest way to ensure your not being used as bait on a global attack

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

freedom!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Anon is only pissing in a westerly wind. You really do not want to piss off the fire bringer who has helped humanity crawl out of a disconnected hole in the ground.

That same fire can be used to burn the village and with the new laws in place the government could do it and not even skip a beat!

I often wonder about these guys and their motives. I have personally over the decades witnessed every offensive crime that man can commit including murder.

Why would a collective entity such as Anonymous continue to pester and irritate government entities that could at the stroke of a pen send the entire 1st world back to the 1940's era?

Is Anonymous trying to get the internet censored to the point of no return. It definitely seems that way. These lobbyist and special interest group are extremely powerful and are not to be toyed with.

If Anonymous were serious they would lobby themselves and work themselves into the machine to change thing correctly. Not just play games and tomfoolery with a serious system.

Ass backwards into the fire is the direction Anonymous is heading...and they are going to take our privileges right along with them.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by billyvonhelvete
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

freedom!!!

not for you, billyvonhelvete. for you, it will be enslavement. for about oh 1k people, it will be the very good life, all supported by your free labor, and the free creative labor of others (if you're even allowed to have creativity. seems most forms of communism frown on creativity. their idea of art is a red square. )

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
as a general rule i do not clicky click links i have no idea about etc i learned from that aloonnnggg time ago lol. I do agree with anons stance on this i have followed them for a few years now (long before they became more public known) - but i however don't agree with the way they done this one, at least before you were given a choice to participate (although i understand that they wanted to do this quickly and effectively) , doing it this way however they have left themselves open to being branded alot worse.

As is in every group they have their rogue 'traders' and their little nub 'script kiddies' - these people/grps are quickly singled out and anon make it clear pretty quick they do not speak for the whole anonymous group, however you will always get the chancer's who want to ride the band wagon (pirates riding the coat tails of the elite
).

I find it funny that people think that anon's 'members' are nothing but script kiddies and nerds stuck int heir parents basements - although it can be true about a few of them
- most of these people are regular people who have families, jobs and regular lives.

Were as i dont agree with some of their methods i do agree with their message: They are legion, they do not forgive, they do not forget - expect them!

< damn i had excorsist running through my head when i wrote that last bit
>

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

I can understand your opinion.

But i have a question.

When the governement decide to reduce and restrict our freedom of speech , or to restrict and reduce our "internet rights", do we have to bow down, apologize and beg the gov to be gentle with us, because we're afraid ?

Or do we fight back and show we're not mindless drones accepting every lies ?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I had to raise a smile, social media sniffs a rumour that 'Website A' has been hacked and is offline, said socalite goes and checks which in turn generates additional traffic multiplied by the expedience of social media thesedays globally and you have a DDOS attack right there, throw some more sites into the mix and you get the whole lot. Seems without even realising it a select internet population just participated in a mass website DDOS

edit on 20-1-2012 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
this might be going out on a limb here, but does anyone think that if this is a false flag, ANON is actually working for the gov? It would make sense since ANON gave the occupy movement some fuel, and the gov says "see what happened, this is what we have to do now" ANON starts the cyber war with Washington, and the gov says "see what happened, this is what we have to do now" this reminds me of the time the Feds found that 9/11 hijackers passport just a couple blocks away from the scene, (just to perfect IMO )

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by godfather420

according to the msm bullshi* they didnt hack the servers they used some program that directed a ton of web traffic to there site and crashes it i wouldn"t give that story credit but im just saying

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Most anti-spyware programs update their definitions regularly but it's pretty much after the fact and not before. So it's not 100 % protection, but then that's why the IT industry uses the term % 99.999 percent uptime.
edit on 20-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
This is a false flag if I ever seen one, SOPA and PIPA fail so lets create a cyberwar to prove how important they are.

EXACTLY.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join