It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESP Evidence Airs Science's Dirty Laundry (precognition on verge of being scientifically proven)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I'm not of the opinion that "ESP" is a function of the brain.

The relationship between the brain and mind is a curious thing - it's something of an Oroboros - a snake eating its tail with no discernible ending or beginning to the action-reaction events. Cognitive behavioral therapy has shown to be effective (and even more so if aided by mild drug therapies); but drugs are also effective (within reason) at treating a number of mental illnesses. Research has even shown that the meditation and cognitive therapy can lead to a restructuring of the neural pathways and alter brain chemistry.

... Understandably, this begs to bring into question just what the mind is and how it interacts with the brain. It seems somewhat odd that a "sick" brain could recognize its own plight and induce cognitive behaviors to fix itself. Of course... it also seems odd to think that ideas magically poof into the mind without prompting from the brain.

The notion of ESP deepens the inherent mystery.

Personally, I like to entertain the notion that we are a "trans-dimensional" (for lack of a better phrase) symbiotic creature. One part of us - the "soul" is another creature that exists in a weakly bridged universe, dimension, or whatever. This part of us exists here... and there, somehow, came to be a link between the two separate living entities.

I'll admit - that thought was mildly prompted by Chrichton's book: "Sphere" - where one of the characters discusses the possibility of creatures that live across more physical dimensions than our 3, and would seemingly phase in and out of existence in a manner that we would find difficult to fathom - let alone respond to.

It's an "out there" theory. I just like it because it's just crazy enough to make sense.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Under each persons persona there is an untapped realm. If you saw the movie "Rain Man", you remember the scene where the tooth picks spilled on the floor and he guessed(?) immediately how many were spilled?

"god doesn't play with dice" Einstein

"Extra terrestrials don't play roulette" Kim Peek

Easy to miss these things and see the front of a `51 Studebaker first.

<< 1   >>

join