It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epilepsy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Ok, so in another post I gave a general description of weird things that have been happening, such as sharp pains in my left butt-cheek and down my thigh, and a high-pitched noise which I had been told was NOT tinnitus.

Here's a list of other things i've experienced lately:

- Sharp pain in my right lung when yawning or breathing too deeply, feeling of bubbles bursting in the lung.
- Sleep paralysis twice in the past month.
- Past week I have been getting very bad headaches, more so than usual.
- Past two days I have been getting tired after only 5 hours or so of being awake.

I have no idea if these symptoms relate to epilepsy or not, but last night I was asleep (obviously) and was dreaming about being attacked by some dude with a screwdriver, and he was stabbing it into the side of my head, and in the dream my entire body was twitching and writhing very violently. Cue the flashing while being attacked.

I then am woken up by my partner. I can feel him pushing me to wake me up very urgently, only when I wake up, my body is still writhing and I can't control it, and my neck was violently twitching to my shoulder, like it kept twitching about 2 or 3 times a second, all whilst the rest of my body was shaking. It stopped, and I started laughing (I was in that half awake/half asleep zone) and asked what happened. My partner said that the TV was flashing and all of a sudden he could feel the bed start to vibrate, and then looked at me and saw me having, what he described as, an "eppy" in the bed.

Now, I know i'll probably get the "why don't you look it up online" argument, but i'm kind of in a rush and don't have the time right now to be researching a medical complaint, i'd much rather make a post and hear what you guys think, because at least if it isn't epilepsy, or epileptic tendencies, then you could maybe suggest something else, maybe if you've experienced this before?

Well, hoping to hear from you guys soon

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Having been an epileptic for 40 yrs - I can say there are various ways you get epilepsy.

1. Severe head trauma
2. Brain Damage at birth, (i.e. born with it)
3. Brain Damage suffered due to extremely high fever

I was in the latter category, at 3 mos old I contracted a fever of 105 (106 is clinically dead), which caused minor brain damage resulting in epilepsy. However, there are varying types of epilepsy all with varying symptoms. You can read up on them here:

www.webmd.com...

Hope this helps.
edit on 1/19/12 by RecentlyAwaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I don't think the first symptoms you listed sound like anything related to epilepsy (butt cheek pain, lung pain), but by your description of what happened in bed, that DID sound like a seizure of some sort. And the headaches could be related. The flashing lights could trigger a seizure.

I had seizures from age 14 and meds controlled it for the most part. If I were you, I'd keep a log (or diary) of everything that happens... what you eat, exciting days, if you have another seizure... and then take that to the doc next time you go.

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
spiritual attack, something non-human is dissatisfied, and becomes demonic.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
spiritual attack, something non-human is dissatisfied, and becomes demonic.

I thought that may have had something to do with it possibly.

This thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It shows my total stupidity, but to be honest, I still defend the fact that I didn't believe in any of it, and wanted to prove it for myself.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Meningitis? do you have a fever? My mother has had epilepsy her whole life.Does not sound like it by the symtoms but everyone is different. Hope you figure it out.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
how about visiting a doctor?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by domasio

Not all of the symptoms you discussed relate to epilepsy, but the sleep incident might. I would advise you to have your physician refer you to a good neurologist for testing just to be on the safe side. Also if I were you I would start asking family members if there is any history of epilepsy in your family tree. A lot of families don't discuss such things and keep it secret. My husband developed epilepsy as an adult, and when I started contacting his family members to investigate I found out that his grandmother and two first cousins suffered from the condition- but it was never discussed amongst the family.

Don't worry though! Since he has been on medication my husband has not suffered from a single seizure. If by chance you do have a form of epilepsy they are coming out with better drugs to control it all the time. Epileptic seizures can be a scary thing, but they are not the dirty little secret they once were.

Take the first step and talk to your doctor. It is better to be safe than sorry. Hope I've helped!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
these non-human entities can be wicked. the "spirit guide" some call guardian angels can bring you success, but also stop their "help" and put you down. they have the monopoly of success and protection. what the factors are to get these "services", i dont know. there doesnt seem to be any rules. if a little child gets run over by a car or a murder doesnt get caught and lives a healthy life till 90, its luck and bad luck, not in human hands or power. unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by domasio

Now, I know i'll probably get the "why don't you look it up online" argument, but i'm kind of in a rush and don't have the time right now to be researching a medical complaint, i'd much rather make a post and hear what you guys think, because at least if it isn't epilepsy, or epileptic tendencies, then you could maybe suggest something else, maybe if you've experienced this before?

Well, hoping to hear from you guys soon

OK, you are "in a rush"? To DIE? Yeah, why don't you ask the outstanding medical community here on this CONSPIRACY WEBSITE? Good plan. No need to see a doctor, all the doctors hang out on conspiracy websites. And you are sure to get some good medical advice from UFO wingnuts.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sounds like classic nerve pain, both from probably your shoulder and possibly your lower back.

I seriously doubt it's epileptic activity.. Especially since the pain in reproduceable. Have you been in a car accident or fallen recently?

Furthermore, it is very highly unusual for someone who has a generalized, or clonic type seizure...the shaking like you described to remember things closely before and closely after the event. Partial seizures occasionally are remembered by the individual since the seizure activity for simple partial seizures doesn't cross the mid-brain line...or corpus callosum..this is when the post and retro-grade amnesia happens.

My thought's are you were asleep, and in pain, dreaming about the pain and started your twitching in the dream....basically acting out the dream. You had a nightmare related to recent nerve pain.

Nerves from your shoulders...or even muscles for that matter can cause headaches. Even nerves as far away as something like the carpal tunnel nerves. I could go on, but like I asked before, have you had any recent physical trauma like a vehicle wreck or a fall?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I would highly suggest you go to the doctors,

Also keep a diary of all the things you have experienced, What time of day, How long, what others have seen,
ect,

You will be able to have a EEG and a ECG to see if there's an odd pattern,

Please do not guess about things like this, Get seen to ASAP, as you never know if its something else that may be happening,

Also have a video camera handy and get someone to tape any episodes you have to give the doctors a better idea of what's happening to you,

edit on 19-1-2012 by asala because: (no reason given)

top topics

join