It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Might Want To Start Paying Attention to Any Time Anomalies- One Happened to Me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I'll be on the lookout but haven't noticed anything except I've been feeling very tired all day but for some odd reason, didn't even fall asleep tonight while watching tv on my reclining sofa and I've only been sleeping 2 to 3 hours a night for the last few days. Maybe it's because of all the phone calls from politicians or their robocalls, temperatures jumping all over the place between the 60's and then back down into the 20's. Everything seems like things are flip flopping. The music in my speakers has been doing strange things cutting out and then cutting back in. It's like I fixed the wires but I didn't even touch them.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

There are other accounts on ATS of entire carloads of people experiencing strange time slip type events while on a drive.

There is an incident I will not relate here in full detail that involved myself and about five to eight (not sure of the exact count) of my fellow students out of a class of about 25 in 1980. Those of us who were among the small group experienced a very huge slip of apocalyptic character that the rest of the class did not. The rest of the class including our teacher experienced a mere lightning strike on the building that caused a flicker of the lights that lasted about a second. Those of us in the small subgroup experienced a protracted event of an entirely different nature that ended with the sensation of the normal classroom and the rest of our classmates materializing around us in place of a destroyed version we had been in. So yes, I think it is possible for a group to be affected by a time slip or whatever these things are, if they truly do exist and aren't some kind of brain glitch combined with mass hysteria in the case of more than one person. And yes, I will always hold out the possibility that this latter case is true. In the absence of concrete evidence and hard scientific facts, I'm willing to entertain all reasonable possiblities, from the Fortean to the mundane.

Contrary to what some people might think, I do not WANT anything in my life to be paranormal nor extraordinary. But if something APPEARS to be so, I want to examine it and hopefully discern the TRUTH, even if it is mundane and even if it exposes a weakness of mind or character or any other human frailty that would logically and reasonably account as the true cause. From what I've seen of True American's contributions to ATS, I think he is on the same page as me about that.

As I am a bit haunted by that experience so many years ago, this thread holds my interest because I am wondering if something similar is playing out on a much greater scale with some of us being like that small subgroup of my fellow students over thirty years ago.

I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember the 1980's, but then, as now, there was a very common feeling of impending doom and fear among people due to the Cold War and threat of mutual annihilation with the Soviet Union. If the Internet had been around then, I think there would have been many discussion threads like we see now, of people feeling something of great magnitude is taking place and people are feeling strange, but nobody knows what or why. And against it all, a backdrop of pessimism and fear about the future on a multinational scale. However, I do not remember any talk or personal experience of weird sounds and rumbles and strange physical sensations like we have now.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
reply to post by Namaste1001

Interesting. I wasn't aware of documented cases like these.

But I will say I believe it's possible. I once walked into my mother's house and her cat Smokey was laying on the floor in the kitchen soaking up a sunbeam. I thought to myself that I wished I could be soaking up that sunbeam as I turned toward the stairs and walked up 5 steps to the upper level of a split ranch. Long hallway at the top of the steps. Open doorway at the end of the hall. Smokey walks out that doorway down the hall towards me.

I asked him out loud how he did it. He wouldn't tell me.

Did you follow Smokey down the hall to see if he was headed for that sunbeam in the kitchen? It would be very cool if you saw Smokey taking a sunbath before he actually got there! Love it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Whether you believe it or not but does anyone remember The Philadelphia experiment? This is when a tunnel of time was opened and timeslips started happening more and more.

Recently I and my family drove past a petrol garage with a shop attached to its side. Before Christmas it was a pet shop and after it was part of the Garage. We know what we remembered because we all said something about it changing.

And another time I was on my mobile to my hubby about a weird and very real dream I had had that morning. I had dreamt about another timeline, where we were still married but we didn't have any children. We were very rich and we weren't not ill.
We had just moved into a very expensive house and we were having a cuddle. In my dream it suddenly felt very wrong. Something made me think I would have to make something safer for the kids and suddenly it hit me where were the kids? My hubby in the dream remembered too and we went to the back living room to ask my sister where they were? (She moved out when I had my 2nd child years ago) She said I have never heard of them.
I started to feel sick and panicky and I asked God how do I get my kids back? He said pray so I did.
I woke up with a start and looked around to make sure I was where i was supposed to be.
(Reminded me of click the red shoes together and say 'There's no place like home'.)

That wasn't the weird part, while I was recounting the dream I was suddenly cut off mid dream, as soon as I had said 'an alternative timeline'.
I phoned my hubby again and said 'It was only a bloody dream and don't cut me off again you bloody idiot.' talking to the human monitor I have. I will not tell how I know, I just know they are monitoring me (it's not this government).

The next thing will probably be gravity anomalies, as in lakes with different levels. Or seas with varying sea-levels. Vortices in the sea, that involve time anomalies.

And if you know you have been in a timeslip, it's because of your bloodline; in The Philadelphia expt the seamen with the most Gypsy blood (high psychic ability) in them were more likely to survive. Most people are not going to notice Thank God, or the balance is going to tip the wrong way.

There is a a singularity cause. Hint hint. (Think solar system not Galaxy)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
i felt even stranger, it was like the kitchen was familiar, but it didn't feel the same, i got this really unusual, foreign vibe.

Something similar happened to me. I came in from the garden and it was like I was looking at the lounge through a strangers eyes. I was familiar with everything, I knew where everything was yet everything seemed different. It took a while to settle back into 'me'. But apparently it's a known mental condition. It's called disassociation (or something like that).
Our brains are so complex - it's not surprising they have a little blip sometimes!
edit on 21-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
brand new here and this topic made me sign up finally. I had a weird slip moment the other day. the lady and i were out dilly dallying with our dog like we always do. at one of our stops as i got out of her car i saw our dog was already outside. thats weird because there is no way he could have climbed up and over me with out not icing,he's an 80 lb lab. not a very sneaky one at that. and he deffinately didnt skeak past. i'm a big guy and barely fit in her little car myself. i wish i could explain better

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
We know that the magnetic poles are moving so there is a high degree of magnetism at play.

The Aurora Borealis are being observed further south than in the past.

Remember our brains ARE electrical in nature and are susceptible to electromagnetic stimuli.

Just think of the mind controlled prosthetic limbs using electrodes in contact with the scalp.

Our brains do control our perception of time.

Just perhaps you received a portion of a CME or a Magnetic vortex which altered your perception of time perhaps ?

Food for thought..

Peace

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Did anything strange happen last night? I was in a club and thought I spotted someone familar and then she spoke my name saying hi. Anyway the light was dim and she was with someone. I walked back to where I had been sitting at. Suddenly there she is again when I thought I left her with some dude and I know she could not have passed me. I asked her if she was just over there and she said no. I don't know who I saw now but I was thinking it was her. The light was dim. Unless someone says something weird happened last night, I may chalk it up to not seeing someone correctly. I just wonder who it was especially since they spoke my name. I could have sworn it was the same girl.

Anyway this was last night sometime between midnight to 1 or 2 in the morning. I did not look at my watch to get a precise time.

This same girl claims she knows me from years ago but I have absolutely no memory of her from years ago. It's possible I might not have noticed her if she saw me in a busy club and she may have worked there. I never thought there could be something strange about it.
edit on 22/1/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
On Oct 1 2011 my brother was over helping me put up my Halloween decorations and managed to drop his checkbook from his back pocket. I found it later that night walking my dogs and called him to pick it up. He told me he was going out and would try to get it after the club closed . I was feeling very tired that night and thinking the clubs closed at two am I called him at 2:13 thinking he'd be in his car , I turned on the water in my tub while I was on the phone with him. I was on the phone a short time and during the call he asked me if I had remembered to shut off the blow-ups in my yard . I got off the phone and pushed the power button to the surge strip I had everything connect too and went to the bathroom. I was stunned to see my bath water had been turned off and the tub was filled . I stepped into the tub ( that had cold spots ) as I turned to sit down the clock read 2:53. All of this couldn't have been over 5 minutes so I did look at my phone soon as I got out of my bath. The call was placed at 2:13 and the duration of the call was 53 seconds.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

SFA, I am old enough to remember, was just beginning to spread my wings during that time. There was lots to be concerned about during that time. That was when I felt the collect veil was beginning to rip little by little. Now when I try to remember specifics about the 90's most of its vague. Was working alot just trying to survive, and thats when I began 2nd jobs and such, so I chalk that up to fatigue. Not that now is much different, but I started this full time job last March, on the first day, I am walking around this newly remodeled bakery, a couple hours in and I get two kinds of feelings, one old connections to history of the building, used to be a bus stop. And a deja vu for its current newly renovated condition. Like I had been there before, only it never existed before, only in my vu I was the one in charge not the worker bee I am now, but physically it's exactly the same.

Now for fun and games I would like to add: "it's just a jump to the left, then a step to the right...."

Let's see who gets that...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunflowerStar

SFA, I am old enough to remember, was just beginning to spread my wings during that time. There was lots to be concerned about during that time. That was when I felt the collect veil was beginning to rip little by little. Now when I try to remember specifics about the 90's most of its vague. Was working alot just trying to survive, and thats when I began 2nd jobs and such, so I chalk that up to fatigue. Not that now is much different, but I started this full time job last March, on the first day, I am walking around this newly remodeled bakery, a couple hours in and I get two kinds of feelings, one old connections to history of the building, used to be a bus stop. And a deja vu for its current newly renovated condition. Like I had been there before, only it never existed before, only in my vu I was the one in charge not the worker bee I am now, but physically it's exactly the same.

Now for fun and games I would like to add: "it's just a jump to the left, then a step to the right...."

I do get it, but can't really go into detail why. I've always called it "stepping sideways" and it has happened innumerable times in my life. I also understand how an entire decade can be somewhat vague. My entire family feels this way about the last decade, which is quite odd; it was so recent. But, that's the way it is.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunflowerStar

...as if the eternal words of Simon LeBon could simply be washed from the brain, as it may be in a time slip.

Rio would be a treat this time of year.

ETA: Okay I swear that line's from Rio, but I just had a Tim Curry moment and it all became clear. Forgiven?
edit on 1/25/2012 by chasingbrahman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Let's do the time warp...I think.

Anyway, for what it is worth the phantom time warp kitteh has not put in an appearance since I made that post about it. There was a slightly off feeling to the atmosphere around the time it was being sighted, and that thankfully is gone for now so I don't expect any more of it, let's hope not anyway. I like things nice and normal.

The off feeling was similar to the way things feel around here when we get the phantom sounds of my husband leaving or arriving during a workday. I don't know how to describe it. I guess kind of the way things feel weird when you watch a show where the sound has gone off from the movement of lips ever so slightly. It almost looks normal but you pick up on the slight mismatch of the dubbing to know it's off a bit. It is slight but unnerving. It makes me feel a bit squirmy and wishing there were a dial I could adjust to set things to rights again.

I don't recall at any time during phantom kitteh appearances hearing any of the odd sky sounds. I am one of the people who has heard them but not for about a year. Mine were the rumble kind, not the odd Kiev style ones people are talking about more recently.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The 90's seem vague to me, too. I remember the decade, but it was pretty nondescript when you think what a game changer September 11 was. I think the aftermath has made a lot of us of a certain age feel we awakened into an entirely different world and everything before was a bit of a pleasant snooze, at least in the fat and happy innocent nineties where the big dramas were always happening to someone else, like OJ and poor JonBenet.

Before DHs and Napolitano were finding ways of redefining the term "terrorist" so everyone and their grandma could fit the description so we could all be part of the drama, too.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm a new member, I signed up so I could relate this story and hopefully get some helpful responses. This has been bugging me for years, and I've thought a *lot* about it. It's still just as mysterious as the day it happened.

What I am hoping for is possibly others who have had similar experiences, or something that might offer a clue as to the what, how and why of it. Here's my tale: About ten years ago, me and several friends were out in the Mojave desert camping, it was probably 12am or so and we were all talkative and having a good time, and then things got weird. There were five of us, and all of a sudden we heard dogs barking and saw in the distance what appeared to be flash lights. It seemed at the time that there was some kind of search party moving through the area, but I really doubt that. The place we were at was pretty isolated, no park rangers or anything of that sort. Anyway, after the lights and the barking I don't remember anything except waking up on the desert floor, very cold. I looked around to see my friends were either passed out in the dirt or waking up, and I checked the time and five hours had passed. I have no explanation whatsoever for this, my friends all reported experiencing the same thing as me, at least they did back then. One of them began denying that this even happened but the others don't and they still bring it up to me.

I've had a lot of weird things happen in my life, and most of them I can find some kind of explanation for, but this one is just beyond my understanding. I don't know if it was aliens or what, but I have heard of it happening to other people as well.

The really weird part is the barking dogs and lights, there were no dogs that far out and coyotes sound different when they yap. Just before the time loss I could of sworn it was a man hunt, and that was scary enough thinking there might be a killer out there or something, but then just waking up hours later...

I am hoping for more than just a alien abduction explanation, or at least some advice on how to remember.

Possum.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by angrypossum

Thanks for sharing your very strange experience with us. The only thing I can relate to in your story is waking up cold. I went into the front sitting room and decided to nap in the recliner so I could put my feet up. The house was warm and comfortable since it was summer and the a/c was not turned up and there is not even a vent in that room anyway. I would have expected to wake up sweating, actually.

Instead, I woke a few hours later so cold I thought for a moment I'd died or was very near to dying. I have never been that ice cold in my life, all the way to my insides.I was cold to the core, like a dead body. I hope to never experience that kind of cold again. The room was still warm and though it took me a long stretch, I did warm up, eventually. But I had been cold to a level I can only describe as paranormal.

I'm a tough cookie and I don't scare easily. Like you, I've experienced many strange things in my life and not much fazes me anymore. But I am very scared of the thought of that happening to me again.

Is that the kind of cold you are talking about, or do you mean the normal kind of cold you'd get out in the desert sleeping uncovered? I am not familiar with either camping or conditions out in the desert so I was hoping you can clarify that part of it for me.

edit on 7-7-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Shortened the post to edit out TL/DR

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Okay the cold was weird but I'm pretty sure it was brought about from being unconscious, slower heartbeat and what not. I wouldn't be surprised if it was early stage hypothermia, felt chilled to the bone and lethargic. The strange thing about the experience, is it felt a bit like going under. You know when a doctor gives you sodium penethol and maybe you're watching a clock, and you watch the hour hand instantly skip several hours. You don't feel like any time has passed but obviously it did and you don't remember a second of it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Don't ask, I have no clue. All I know is, I was where I was going, but hadn't actually made it there yet. THat make sense?

Its called Teleportation

edit on 7/8/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Just a few minutes ago, I turned on a music station on my satellite receiver. I walked into another room listening to the music. Then all of a sudden I heard a bunch of talking and realized the station suddenly changed to the weather channel. Last night I could have sworn I recognized a girl she had a very familar face. The girl I remembered though had recent breast implants and she did not. I guess in this case I could deny everything. Maybe the music I heard on what I thought was one of my radio channels was actually the weather channel music. Maybe it wasn't the same girl I saw a few weeks ago. Denial seems more logical than thinking I could be popping into different alternate realities.

There was another girl back several months ago who did suddenly look radically different, before she disappeared from my life. I knew without a doubt it was the same girl. Other casual acquaintances keep changing their appearance on me too but usually less radical. Well to make this story funny, one girl at a bar last night asked me what type I like. I told her I like a variety. I'm getting a variety definitely. The same girls look different from one month to the next. Some lose a lot of weight like almost overnight. I do not like it though when a girl who had breast implants suddenly doesn't have them anymore. I haven't heard of any common procedures for losing breast implants. I guess it's possible it wasn't the same girl I saw a month ago in the case last night. A few months ago, I could easily imagine the girl I knew who suddenly had no breast implants really still did have them but was acting her former self from a few months earlier and all shy and too covered up to notice. I really would like it if she reappeared again.

I believe most people would deny anything unusual happened thinking this doesn't make sense. So to sum up, maybe those missing socks did disappear into an alternate reality.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Me thinks the pollution is effecting people's cognitive abilities as time rolls on.

Less people aren't having holes in their awareness and sense of constancy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join