It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ah ha! Iran: Not about the Nukes, its about the Rods!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
you'd figure in this day and age, and since iran's nuclear program has been around for years, their most secured and important sites are heavily fortified and possibly underground safe from even bunker busters.

a bombing campaign will serve no purpose other than retaliation against israel and american forces in the region.

a ground invasion is suicide. america couldn't even handle a disarmed iraq.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Lets put nuclear reactors all over africa...

See how long those children live with irradiated water and food. We all know how great nato nations are with keeping their reactors and waste sites safe. Im sure the nations without the infastructure to contain and store nuclear waste will do better.

Stupidity.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This from Al Jazeera:
posted: 18 Jan 2012 17:06
Link to Story: Iran says nuclear talks to resume soon
www.aljazeera.com...

Iran denies it is seeking nuclear weapons and says its activities are for power generation and medical applications.

I think you are correct, "power generation" what the Iranians have failed to point out, you have..unwanted competition..not welcome it would seem..good thread SNF Cheers Coco...you are on to something here I agree with the other poster..

edit on 18-1-2012 by itscocobaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

sounds cool

links ansd sources please ?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Iran had the choice to have the uranium rods made by the west but they refused.nuclear power plants still are a threat.look at all the plutonium that leaked from fukushima. plutonium isn't even needed in a nuclear reactor.yet japan was producing loads at its so called friendly power station.so even if it is a friendly power station with 50.000 rods.it could turn very nasty.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM
You see folks, this is not about IRAN building nukes, its about IRAN providing nuclear energy and becoming a major player in that market. This planned war is about killing off the competition!

From hypothesis to confirmed?

Exactly how did you get there?

By the way, Russia did not supply the centrifuges. Does that change the hypothesis?

Also, if the US gets by on 3k and Iran has 50K, why does one presume that they are to sell fuel-- rather than to more quickly make weapons grade? Does anyone else on the plant have as many as 50,000 centrifuges?

Another factoid-- the explosion at the tunnel entrance in Iran a few weeks ago happens to be next to the plant which produces the fuel rod casings. That is the same material which flashed burned at Fukushima producing hydrogen and blowing the roof off of the containment building.

Any connections?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
Thanks for bringing this out ...Now it becomes easier to avoid the other 2 stories that goes on and on and on and never gets to a clear point in the discussion ...S&F for saving me much waisted time in the furure ,too bad we didnt see this earlier ....peace

Three major things in life that corrupts men. Money, power and sex and not necessarily in that order. You will see more men (and women, you ladies ain't excluded from this club) fall for those 3 things than anything else in the world.

These nuclear fuel rods fall under, money and power.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Most people have been convinced it's about bombs, it's not.

Panetta admits Iran not developing nukes

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 18-1-2012 by mrnotobc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
GREAT THREAD!

Here is my 2 cents...

Japan told its citizens that they need the nuclear power plants for ummm electrical power.

Since the earthquake in march 2011 most if not all of the japan nuclear plants are shut down.

Guess what? Japan still has Electricity without the nuclear plants running.

So why do they try to convince the citizens and the rest of the world they are for electric.

Again, GREAT THREAD

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i dont think ww3 will start until a new president is elected

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiHoAZaway
reply to post by FoosM

This makes more sense than anything else I've come up with... It is at least equally as plausible as the usual war for profit. Who would have the most to lose from that competition? GE... Haliburton..

I know a guy who was getting bad ratings on a website (It's a liquor store... who gives bad ratings to a liquor store) anyway he found out it they originated from his competition from across the street..

It's like someone is doing this to Iran on a world media scale

Like the pizza place that burned down the rival pizza place across the street a few years ago. Lol. Saw that on the news - can't remember where it was, though. The US is Domino's and Iran is Little Caesars!
edit on 18-1-2012 by klhbrown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

The only way they will ever have rods is if they first have nukes. No body will let them have rods.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If Israel or the USA attacks Iran it will trigger an uncontrollable chain reaction that will result in an increased likely hood of a WW3 scenario.

I hope the leaders will understand just how serious this standoff could become. It could mean foreign troops on US soil. We have to make sure people realize this otherwise it may actually happen.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This is indeed a "kapow" post. Great find. I think its something we miss entirely because we get drawn into defending nuclear proliferation in the name of peace or pre-emptive warfare in the name of peace.

In reality its about the almighty dollar and global economic control.

If your only goal is to become rich, you will never achieve it.
John D. Rockefeller

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

thank you for the thorough way you handled seekeroftruth, they have been jumping on all iran threads with warmongering in their heart. almost as if paid to do so with some of the misinformation they post.

s@f for a very informative post.

i have always believed following the money is the only way to get to the truth of any matter. just such a shame that soo many care so much about paper. or coins. when personally id rather not ever deal with either and work on barter and skills. but i have skills to barter and i feel that many have none. and that makes the paper very important to them.
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: add

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Clark Rockefeller was a 7 star general in the us army

He is the highest ranking us general

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
During the Bush administration a very scary thing happened. Which one, you ask, there were so many?

They privatized nuclear weapons production.

A few months later there was a huge general strike about working conditions for engineers and security guards who complained of very long shifts and lax security standards -- what else would you expect when all these are COSTS?

>> Now, surprise, surprise, this "insane to even be legal" corporation behind nuclear weapons is lobbying to influence government.

There isn't anything I fear more right now, than corporations that can legally have tanks and nuclear weapons and are profit motivated.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Thank you FOOSM for a well presented analysis with credible references supporting your argument and conclusions. Well done. This makes infinitely more sense than what we are hearing from our politicians furiously beating the war drums with the main stream media talking heads dutifully and mindlessly dancing their choreographed frenzy.
edit on 1/18/2012 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Maybe, just maybe one day we all might be able to work together to solve the problems we have created for ourselves. However, for some reason I could not possibly fathom, we will most likely continue to murder each other and one day ruin the Earth for all life. S*** happens.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join