It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sound in Washington D.C. suburb 17/01/2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Umm.. just found this video of another guy recording that strange sound in the skies.. my theory is they are testing the sound system for the fake alien invation

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

LOL! I just made that assumption in another thread about the sound system test! Great minds think alike and all that. Why not? It's so crazy now, bring on the crazier!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Alright... I'm starting to lean towards viral marketing campaign or mass hoax. Too many threads in the span of 10 minutes....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
In every one of these videos the person recording only shows a 180 degree view. I am starting to believe that this is so that they do not reveal the "source" of the sound. These videos are just getting ridiculous now. I believe there are a few legit ones, but for the most part, just like ufology, the hoaxers are giving these videos a bad name.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Viral since 2009 would be ridiculous and almost unheard of, especially with no other press releases. I would agree with you on the hoax deal if I didn't hear it myself a couple months ago.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think something BIG is about to happen possibly within the next week...

Plus there's been three 5.0+ earthquake in the last two hours...and and increase in seismic activity in Alaska and California within the last week....something big is about to happen there...probably like the movie 2012

Live Earthquakes Map

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Exactly my opinion.
How evil can this get?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Agreed.
Its sad for me to watch ats members eating it up and running around like chickens with their heads cut off while spamming the boards with this stuff.
Its supposedly WORLDWIDE (oh noes
) yet I have yet to hear a thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
So has anyone on ATS actually recorded any of these sounds?
Or are they all just sound bites being pulled off of Youtube?

On that note I did finally see a video with blue skies (no cloud coverage) a first for me, but again it was not a 360 degree view.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The strange noise threads grow and grow !
Apparently these sounds/noises have been getting a little stronger since first heard around 2005 ?
Could this :- www.livescience.com...

be relevent to it all ? I wonder !
I'm becoming more intrigued by the day about all this !

Peace

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I am keeping an open mind about these sounds. I also heard them for myself back in August, and my own experience is what has me interested.

A lot of unexplainable events have been taking place around the nation and the world, and it has people genuinely scared. I have heard many people talk about a "fake alien invasion" but how are we to tell the difference between a real one or a fake one?

*maybe it is the start of a fake alien invasion
*maybe it's a real alien encounter about to take place
*maybe the poles are about to shift...

The maybes can go on and on... But it's fun to talk about it while we wait.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the movie 'Red State'?

If not....**SPOILER ALERT**....

Right towards the end there are similar trumpet sounds being played and they think the rapture is happening. Turns out it was some kids on a nearby field with an old fire station siren and they hooked it up to an ipod and played some single trumpet notes to scare the neighbours into thinking it was judgement day

Not saying that's what this is, but hoax is definitely plausible (even though the explanation for the trumpets in the film is pretty weak..)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Alright... I'm starting to lean towards viral marketing campaign or mass hoax. Too many threads in the span of 10 minutes....

Hey boncho, how ya been brother? Do I count as a credible source? I heard this with my own ears the other night- and I was lucky enough to catch the tail end on video followed by some pretty strange lights in the sky. Check it out: The Featured Vid on my YT page.

I can assure you that whatever other experiencers motivations are, I am not part of any viral marketing campaign nor is this a hoax (my video anyway.) Whatever is being heard around the world is a real phenomenon. I just hope YT doesn't get clogged with BS vids like the UFO category. It's hard enough to separate fact from fiction as it is.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I am with you. I experienced the odd noises way before I even heard of a youtube video of the sounds. I can agree the vids are probably manipulated, but until the first thread I read on it - thanks to StealthyKat and her first vid last year...I personally experienced back in 2009, 2010, 2011....without the sounds being put into my head by youtube

Just saying. Let's keep on track on the sounds. I know ATS is famous for "no pics/no vid...it didn't happen" but as you can see....pics and vids....may not help with proof. Once everyone has a chance to experience this...then they will know. By the way....the audio in vids so far....doesn't even come close to the experience. IMHO.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleVoice731

Agreed. People are experiencing something, and many people are feeling something just is off kilter any more in the world. I am curious....as long as the curiosity is there and people are experiencing things like this...I will continue to keep eyes, ears and mind open.
By the way...food for thought....maybe not all of us can hear or experience these strange events...for a reason perhaps?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Viral marketing, but for what? A video game? That doesn't seem effective to me. A movie? Perhaps - maybe the premise is that people start hearing these sounds all over the world in a lead up to an alien invasion. That would make more sense. Maybe a marketing company tapped random people from all over the world to go out and film themselves acting confused and pointing their cameras skyward so they could later overlay these eerie sounds. Or maybe not... seems more likely that it's a viral hoax or that it's real..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I consider you and StealthyKat with her OP on the topic, very good sources of info and very legit OldCorp.
I also have experienced this and can assure you all, I am not a part of a hoax group and viral campaign. I would get bored too easily for that lol. Not to mention....I enjoy seeking truth, not leading people farther into the dark on a dangerous road. Too many out there that are ready and willing and able to handle that task I am sad to say.
But anyway OldCorp. You get my vote!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I experienced some of the roaring sounds in Oklahoma back around the big EQ's but nothing like the foghorn sounds or whale singing sounds. Maybe manipulation...

One of my thoughts is maybe CME glancing off of the atmosphere could make some weird sounds? obviously i am no expert just an idea. We have had an increase of glancing blows the last week or so.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
the first video in the OP, when it pans to show the trail through the woods, looks ALOT like the trail in the woods by my house.. gonna go for a skate through the woods after work today..........

I live in a Washington, DC suburb.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
i've been searching of a possible answer and found richard bransons virgin space port in new mexico, MAYBE the testing on his 'spacetour thing' is making noises on re-entry . theres tests being done and its on tours* and shows as we speak.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

www.virgingalactic.com...

trying to find more info

*tour as in-- showing it off not actual chartered tours

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join