It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New tool for listening to earthquakes in the oceans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Yesterday I created a thread around this new tool based on its conspiratorial issues. You can find that thread Here

The point of this thread in the Fragile Earth forum is to highlight the potential that this new tool has. I am aiming this at all the earthquake watchers we have here on ATS.

This could turn out to be a valuable tool in getting to grips with earthquakes and maybe even be used as a far faster early warning system. You can find this tool in this link;
Listen to the deep

They are apparently about to add 11 more listening posts around the world and it wont be too long before we are able to listen to much more activity from the depths.

I originally found the site via a report on the BBC news website, which included the sound of the earthquake that created the Tsunami that struck Japan.
To listen to that you can find it here

Listen to the deep is a fascinating project and is a wonderful tool for all those with a scientific/exploratory/educational/general interest point of view. I, for one, have hardly stopped listening to it

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

edit on 18-1-2012 by lover088 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lover088

one you arrive at the site.. click on the picture of the whale in the middle of screen...

Then you will see a map of the world and several blue and green dots with location names..
Click on the green ones and listen in

I think the blue ones are offline or part of the system where they use them to record certain stuff.. not too sure on the blue ones, but I've not had much success in listening to those yet.. I am still tinkering with the site.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Thank you very much.I did get that from you yesterday and have been enjoying since then.To be honest,as soon as I hit the site I forgot to come back and give you s+f.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I have been using this tool for at least 8 months, and was using it to help me identify seismic activity in Japan. The Hato station was helpful for this, but the spectrograph runs about an hour behind real time. I have exchanged a couple of emails with one of the scientists working at that facility, in a bid to increase the display resolution of the spectrograph and mark the scale in Hz.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Wow looks like a great tool for more of my research. S&F for ya, I am looking for tools like this to help shore up a couple of theories I am working on. Keep up the great work!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

What would also be handy is the ability to download or record each segment that we here for future use.
Say we hear something and need to contact someone about it for further study. The only people we can do that with is the scientists you speak of.

Is there a way in which we can capture what we hear online so we could listen to it here on a thread, for example?

join