It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed Sites going offline in support of STOP SOPA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Here is the GNU screen shot. If the size is annoying, let me know how to make it smaller, and I will be happy to reupload

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My beloved /b/ (4chan.org) is also blacking out their logo as well as text in honour of SOPA

It is great to see the internet band together like this

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

Mind if I steal it?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Question why only in the U.S.A? why not other countries?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ocupy the web

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
Question why only in the U.S.A? why not other countries?

This is legislation currently going through the US congress.

I had thought perhaps other countries would join in the protest as well, but it is a specifically US thing.

Although "world wide web" would certainly have some effect on other countries.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I saw Google last night (early this morning) and I noticed their approach was less drastic than Wiki's. That being said I could see them proving more of a point in the future. My reason being is they fought a good fight in China over censorship. Link

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I would think that folks are still 'going on about this' because while SOPA has been momentarily benched as far as a vote being made in the House, it is still able to be brought up for a vote at a later time. That being said, PIPA is still active in the Senate and will have a cloture vote (as of this posting) on January 24th of this year unless Harry Reid gets enough pressure to not bring it to the floor for a vote.

In reading over (briefly) both SOPA and PIPA, it seems as if PIPA is SOPA's 'quieter and more polite' little brother. Still a dangerous bill to be sure, but the tone is a little less 'in your face' and perhaps a little bit of a better swallowed pill than SOPA. Perhaps the House scrapped voting on SOPA in order to see how it all plays out with PIPA and if the American public swallows PIPA without too much problem then they will try SOPA on us later. Who knows? Disturbing none the less.

Here is a website that has a listing of companies and organizations that have come out in opposition to PIPA/SOPA: cdt.org

And another site who has several screen shots from websites who are participating in the online protest of PIPA/SOPA: americancensorship.org

~MMIMO

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

Be my guest. It's definitely generated some conversation in my other "social media" circles

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Dreamincode.net

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
h3h3 - today i learnd what censorship means, during a google search i got this (and as a result i couldnt get the info = censorship)

www.warriorforum.com...

SOPA is just the beginning...

START THE REVOLUTION, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I've never learned to capture and copy a picture. A moron I surpose. Can someone go to Uncyclopedia and capture their current template, it's maybe the best one of all. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Here you go...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JourPolaire

Thanks. Reading it made me laugh again. Viva la innernest freedom!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
the berrics

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hey - Etsy is in! Again, I respectfully request someone to post the photo if possible. I am not able to do so, currently.
edit on 18-0120121-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Thanks much!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

Thanks! No worries, the size pushed the graphic off but the point is clear, regardless!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join