It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed Sites going offline in support of STOP SOPA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I love the Elder Scroll series video games, and have been to the site below a bunch. Here's the "Elder Scrolls" wiki

*Looks like they may have taken the same image as ATS has been using

edit on 18-1-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
I am surprised that ATS has decided not to participate but closing shop for a day. I suppose I am glad they have, because I would not be able to keep track of this thread...

I know what you mean, but if you could also help out what ever site you come across and upload the file so we can see who is actually doing what they have promised.

sopastrike.com...
edit on 18-1-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It just occurred to me. This could get big enough for a reaction to be provoked out of the Government on coming up with some new brainstorm to prevent 'critical' sites or however they want to term it, from going offline at the same time. This could be interesting to see play out if it really carries through the work day tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

command-shift-3

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
are there any sites that are "offlimits" here at ATS to post about? Reason being , there is another very popular conspiracy site that is also down for the protest. Can tell you who if its ok to do.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

one of my favorite sites

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
While this is all great and gives everyone a feel-good buzz for a few hours, I don't believe the protest will achieve much unfortunately. These web companies are going to have to do more than that.

IRM

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
just shut mine down too.....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I started the morning by taking screen shots wherever I could. A couple of my daily web comics blacked out. Sorry for the multiple edits, I haven't embedded in ATS in ages.

Questionable Content

XKCD

edit on 1/18/2012 by CeltAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Oh, I forgot to add one more. I do not have a web site to take down, but I can change my avatar on different sites. I am currently using this one:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Arstechnica isn't blacked out, but they do have this banner up:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Wasn't SOPA shot down already?
President refused to consider it?

I don't understand why people are still going on... like a dog who won't let go of an old bone and enjoy the steak sitting in front of him.

Yeah I know they can take that steak away....but
they can still POISON that steak and then let you have it.

You have to be watching at all levels for all possibilities of deception and calculation, infiltration, manipulation, misinformation, subliminal messaging ...There is a great deal to fear.

Focusing on only this aspect is so ...missing the forest behind the trees...imo

What you should fear is that already youtube and facebook are reading you. They know almost everything significant about you and that information is marketable. In return, all the information you get is not all the information there is. You don't see ALL the new videos but get a random sampling biased and heavily edited to be geared toward you and your particular interests.
The sites are watching your activity and place videos and advertising they think you might want and even news they think might interest you. "BECAUSE YOU WATCHED"

Great but sometimes YOU WANT NEW information and YOU WANT to be exposed to FOREIGN IDEAS....just to open up your mind. "Same old - same old" is the death knell for some of us and it will put a damper on and squash our creative process which is our most valuable and useful attribute. What you don't use - you lose.
And that is a best case scenario - it might be the start of a far more calculated plan.

With this sort of edited, tailored and forcefed information people will not learn to expand and grow.
They will not change, be challenged, be spontaneous, new or adventurous.
They will not dabble in unknown territories because not only will they not be EXPOSED TO IT -
THEY WILL NOT EVEN KNOW they are not getting all the information there is.
They will not know they are NOT being shown the same page as their friend.

I don't want news and information geared toward MY TYPE.
I am not a TYPE.

This is dangerous and this is where they are heading.
Right now it looks like INNOCENT MARKETING.

It looks like they simply want to sell you things -
and so are innocently gauging your likes and dislikes...

SOON THIS INFORMATION WILL BE USED TO JUDGE YOU.

THE INTERNET WILL DISPENSE SUBLIMINAL MIND/behavior CONTROL via AUTOSUGGESTION among other unethical marketing ploys.
(as if it doesn't now)

Once they start editing and tailoring your information.....FORGET ABOUT IT.

You lost the battle for independence and freedom.

You are fruit ripening on the vine, getting fat and waiting to be picked off -
Harvested for someone else's profit and pleasure.

You gotta love this country.
Such potential for capitalists.

edit on 18-1-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
4chan is not down but they do have a sort of blackout going on: here is a screenshot of the paranormal board

For some reason the image is broken, I'll try to figure it out.

EDIT: Fixed.

edit on 1/18/2012 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/18/2012 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'm unable to screenprint and upload right now (on my iPad on the way to work) but GNU is participating and has a cool blackout page. Maybe someone else could upload it for me?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Even Pro Wrestling Torrents has changed it's main site. I would post a screenshot, but it contains some uncensored swear words that could frighten some wimps here

They have some additional text: "In solidarity with Reddit, 4chan, Wikipedia, Wikileaks and other sites, this site is blacked out today (January 18th) in protest against SOPA and PROTECT IP laws. These laws are a threat to free speech and to the freedom of the Internet. If you are a US citizen, please contact your congressional representative and ask them to vote "No" on these type of laws."

I just wonder if they really think, making their websites basically offline for one day helps anything. Government doesn't give a #, most people don't either...By tomorror it will be all forgotten.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

I dont know how to screen shot, and forgive me if someone has already posted this, I didnt have time to read the whole thread- buuuut Craigslist is blacked out also as of 9:40 central time

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
wired.com

edit on 18-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join