It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Supporters Talk Here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Ron Paul is my candidate. He is a constitutionalist first off, I think this should be a prerequisite for any candidate in todays climate. Americans have had enough of the trampling on our constitution in the name of safety and security. None of the unconstitutional mandates thus far has done anything to keep us safe. He is also about smaller government, and ending federal income tax would definatly shrink government and limit spending. Romney is all about "Big Government", one thing we definately don't need any more of.

Paul is also the most sincere candidate I have seen in a long time. I am not a psychic, but that doesn't mean I cannot tell when someone is full of crap. Ron Paul is also not having his nest feathered by lobbyists, and he cannot be bought. I think if we get Ron Paul, we will definatly see some change happen. Some change will not be easy but we cannot expect it all to be. I think Paul can turn this whole thing around and perhaps we can put America back in the graces of the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
What if ron paul is tricking you? What if he gets elected and all hos promises go out the window? Can anyone remember a similar senario?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
What if ron paul is tricking you? What if he gets elected and all hos promises go out the window? Can anyone remember a similar senario?

Yes, except Barry just appeared out of the blue and Ron Paul has 30 years of experience and records.

What say you now?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by govspy911

Truth Time.

Ron Paul is my last time I will believe a Politican. But I will NOT vote for any of the other WarHawks in the GOP.

I'll not vote , or vote Obama first.

Please RP , do this.

edit on 17-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

"What if __________ is tricking you? What if he gets elected and all hos promises go out the window? Can anyone remember a similar senario? "

*You can replace the blank with any of the candidates and get the same answer. So what if?
edit on 17-1-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

If that is your line of thought for voting, there is no point in looking at any candidate's positions that you agree with it.
edit on 17-1-2012 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

I can't live my life thinking about a bunch of "what ifs". What if I die before the elections? What if the sun explodes tomorrow? Any candidate can lie his way into office. Obama did it, Bush did it, and many others did it. LIke the poster said, Ron Paul has extensive political experience and he has been one thing the rest are not, consistent.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I believe Ron is the last chance for a peaceful Revolution. When liberty is taken by tyrants only a few times in history has it been taken back by peaceful means. Most revolutions are very bloody.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rbtjr

If we get Ron Paul, there may no longer be a need for a "revolution". All I know for sure is that most of the people I know will not tolerate much more of the constitutional "bending" we have experienced in the last 10 years. Americans will be pushed only so far. The only thing that might make Ron Paul "unelectable" would be the fact that he cannot be bought. He is truly for America and has a real desire for positive change. I dont feel that he is in it to get rich, I feel he is in it to serve "We The People".

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I couldn’t agree more. I voted for Paul in 88 and have followed him over the years and there is not a more principled man in Washington.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by govspy911

Ron Paul is the only one I know that doesn't have to back himself up. I mean, there is no candidate with such a clean past. Yeah yeah racist letters blah blah, they clearly weren't written by him and he wasn't even in politics at the time so
whatever.

But anyway, I dare anyone to find Ron Paul contradicting himself. It's not that he can't change, he just has no reason to. He has seen the truth for years and years now, and that to me almost deserves a vote. Yeah I wouldn't vote for him just because of that but I tell you what, he is the only politician I have seen that can legitimately be trusted. I know he will stand true to what he says...

Now he needs OUR help to get him farther. He cannot do it on is own, especially with the media in his way.

Dr. Paul 2012!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rbtjr

This revolution is more of an awakening then a bloody battle. Now its up to everyone to realize that on their own terms. Common sense can't be forced on everyone, especially on those who lack intelligence.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbtjr
I couldn’t agree more. I voted for Paul in 88 and have followed him over the years and there is not a more principled man in Washington.

Since 88 huh? Wow, I wasn't even alive but I know that things have changed much since then... so tell me, from experience, does this time around seem more hopeful than the last? I hate to say it but... he may not be able to run many more times with his age and what not. WE NEED TO GET HIM IN NOW!

(Though I would likely support Rand as well )

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I think the Right Honorable Dr. Ron Paul's Record speaks for itself . Consistancy of his Belief in the Constitution of The United States for the last 40 Years should Tell you something about the Man . If Elected our Next President , why IYO do you think he would somehow Change his Beliefs ?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
"They who seek to establish systems of government based on the regimentation of all human beings by a handful of rulers call this the New Order. It is not new and it is not order." -Franklin D Roosevelt

I've seen a rapid increase of regimentation in more recent years and I believe that is what almost every politician in this election wants, except Ron Paul. I favor liberty and that's what the good doctor prescribes.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

Yes, except Barry just appeared out of the blue and Ron Paul has 30 years of experience and records.

What say you now?

his name is barack...
and no he did not appear out of the blue...

you know, the whole harvard law review, state senate, us senate years...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

What say you now?

in 30 years what has rp accomplished of notice? I'm trying to think of major legislation or other notable changes but can not think of one.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

When compared to Ron Paul, Obama did appear out of the blue to most Americans. I never heard of him before the elections because I do not keep up with other states politics. You should consider that when you try to correct somebodys opinion. Nontheless, Barak Obama is a liar and a mediocre president at best. He has done nothing for this country except put us on the verge of another catostrophic war. With Ron Paul the nation will at least have a chance to turn the tide and head in a different direction. I don't see how he could possibly do any worse. I fear Mitt Romney will just be more of the same, as well as the other candidates. Ron Paul has earned my vote due to his consistency, his moral stature, and that he is a constitutionalist.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

What say you now?

in 30 years what has rp accomplished of notice? I'm trying to think of major legislation or other notable changes but can not think of one.

What does any of that have to do with his record of voting? I said nothing about what legislation Dr. Paul was able to get passed in his name. I'm citing his voting record here. Keep the facts straight if you want to debate.
edit on 1/17/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I understand the skeptical nature posted on ATS after Obama, I had huge hopes Obama would bring about "Peace", what a disappointment. But he actually did exactly what he said he would do if you remember, scale back Iraq, scale up Afghanistan. Somehow we just thought he would live up to his Noble peace prize.
Ron Paul will want to vindicate his world view that has been laughed at for 30 years. He will want to do it and say, see, I told you so, and be remembered in history for this. Then his son can take over and continue what he started.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join